Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 2767
Thread Info
There are 33 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8804 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
UK NGFL Meet Up... it's HAPPENING this time!
Kazuya_UK
OK Guys and gals... we've discussed this before, but aside from meeting a handful of great people from NGFL over the years, a proper meet up has never really happened. I have been thinking about it again though recently and after meeting so many cool people here I think it's about time we actually did something! We've tried to plan it before but it's been a nightmare to organise, but I think if we sort things out properly and know exactly what we are doing we can manage it this time.

So, who would be up for it? This time I say we schedule a date in perhaps a couple of months time? I was talking to RiKo the other day and I was saying that a trip to London might be a good idea, we could all meet up and do stuff there. That's one idea anyway, but I'm open to suggestions. I would love to offer to have people stay here at my new place, but as I share with two other people it's not really possible.

Anyway, suggestions anyone? Would really like to get this off the ground this time and no excuses!!! Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
STE C
I would love to try and do something, as you live in Leicester Kaz and it is reasonably central to the UK could that be an option.

Kazuya_UK
Yea Leicester is a definite option and would obviously make things super easy for me, although there's not much here to do really. It's my hometown but I really am not a fan of it as you can tell Wink. I'd defintely say yes do it here if I could invite people here (a big Neo session would be awesome!) but due to the situation I can't really do that:(

Kaz

priest
Sounds like fun, I hope you guys pull this "date" off...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
RiKo
i can only make as far North (from me) as London cos of health issues, but if its not possible - dont worry if you guys are only able to meet up somewhere else. hopefully once it happens once - it will happen again, so i can hopefully make the next one anyway Thumbs Up

i know theres quite a few people here from further up the country like Ninja and STE, and Merlin, Shiny and Kaz are quite far away too, so i can see how its sensible to have it more centrally.

where-ever it happens, it will be great Bob
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Shiny
Well I say London, then. Arcades, random adventures and a cheap ass Travel Lodge. When are we thinking?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

cthulhu
Sounds like fun...too bad I'm not living in the UK...if it all goes through, take some pictures and post them for our amusement.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
I'm still very keen to do this. It'd be cool to meet up with a few of you and I like the idea of a London trip including checking out the arcades. However the cost might well be a bit of an issue for me this year. I can't say 100% for sure yet but it's possible I might have to sit out this one out and go to the next get together instead.

merlin
BUMP!

During the chat meet last Sunday a few of us were talking again about organizing an NGFL get together. Contrary to what I said before I can definitely make it now and really like the idea of us making a trip to London. I know Kaz is still keen on the idea too. Anyone else interested in doing this? We could check out a few arcades and do loads of other fun things. Would be fantastic to finally arrange an NGFL get together. We were talking about the possibility of maybe doing this at the end of October depending on what's convenient for everyone else of course.

Kazuya_UK
RiKo said he will have to let us know nearer the time because of his health, but he does want to come. Waiting to hear from the Shiny dude.

Anyone else? Should be a fun day out! Smile

Kaz

Powerwave
powerwave is up for a trip to london. Smile
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

Kazuya_UK
Kazuya_UK can also talk in the third person. Grin And Kazuya_UK is wondering if Powerwave is free on the 30th of October? Smile (it's a Saturday)

Kaz

Powerwave
30th of october is goooood for me. i shall write it in my diary Smile

let me know where you guys are meeting. I get off at paddington then i shall get the tube too meet you dudes where ever you are. Smile
Edited by Powerwave on 06. October 2010 22:45
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

LIFE_IN_2D
You lucky chodes! I really hope that you guys go through with this. Post pictures of the event, us USA NGFLers will be with you in spirit : p.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

The eccentric cat
This sounds really great! Hope you guys have fun! :D

(I vote Kaz should punch Shiny in the face this time ;3)
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

NeoGeoNinja
I'D ALSO LOVE...
to do the meet, but unfortunately, I'm (embarrassed to say!) that I'm really a phobic of travelling and being thrown into unfamiliar circumstances/locations on my own! I really can't hack it! I could never just get on a train by myself not 'actually' knowing where it's going to stop or where to get off. If I'd been once with friends in the past etc and KNEW where I was going etc, I'm a s confident as can be... otherwise, I sh*t it! Pathetic, I know... but it's just the way I am :(

MULTIPLY...
this stupid phobia with the BUSIEST city location like London and tube trains etc and I'm already sweating thinking about it! There's my take on it...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

priest
Ninja: You shouldn´t be embarrased to admit your weakness, after all YOU all have weaknesses ( Annoy ) ...I mean we ALL have themWink

Seriously I can understand how you feel about the situation, however nice the meet would be. Getting there would be a nightmare.
Edited by priest on 08. October 2010 11:23
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Shiny
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
I'D ALSO LOVE...
to do the meet, but unfortunately, I'm (embarrassed to say!) that I'm really a phobic of travelling and being thrown into unfamiliar circumstances/locations on my own! I really can't hack it! I could never just get on a train by myself not 'actually' knowing where it's going to stop or where to get off. If I'd been once with friends in the past etc and KNEW where I was going etc, I'm a s confident as can be... otherwise, I sh*t it! Pathetic, I know... but it's just the way I am :(

Gay.

It's a train, man. Get on the fucking train , Ninja, we'll look after ya. Fuck it, if you want, I'll travel to you first and then travel south with you.

Shiny
All joking aside, I will meet you first and then travel to wherever with you.

cthulhu
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
I'D ALSO LOVE...

MULTIPLY...
this stupid phobia with the BUSIEST city location like London and tube trains etc and I'm already sweating thinking about it! There's my take on it...

Ninja

And you call yourself a Ninja? Just kidding...I would take Shiny's offer if I were you.

All of you have a great time and drink one on me!
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Jump to Forum: