Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 2765
Thread Info
There are 320 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 61251 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Arcade in the making
priest
cthulhu wrote:
Aw, it brings tears to my eyes to see so many great Pinball Machines (in probably great condition) in one room...

...Tears of joy I would hopeSmile Thanks.

Another update or another weak attempt at bumping this thread, you decideWink

Last week we had another small gathering in our arcade and we had three guests visiting, I´m sure that you recognize some of them by know.

We had to do some repairs on some of the pinball machines (nothing big though). We (Ulus and me) also watched a soccer match; SWEDEN vs HOLLAND, which (we) SWEDEN won (no surprise there Annoy )

So, these are some pics from the evening:

MOTALA ARKADHALL: http://www.jfg.se...ex.php/sv/

A friend of JFG is showing us how TZ is supposed played Smile :

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1094.JPG

Me preparing for "feeding time at the zoo". Hot dogs were served this evening:

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1095.JPG

Some pics of pinball machines getting pampered:

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1097.JPG

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1098.JPG

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1099.JPG

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1101.JPG

Teppo earning some fairs as a cabbie:

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1102.JPG

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1103.JPG

Some more work pics:

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1104.JPG

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1106.JPG

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1107.JPG

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1112.JPG

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1113.JPG

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1114.JPG

SWEDEN vs HOLLAND on a big screen:

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1115.JPG

Those of us that weren´t interested in watching soccer played...:

www.jfg.se/Motala%20Arkadhall/2011-10-11/slides/IMG_1116.JPG

Beard
Edited by priest on 16. October 2011 09:19
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
priest
Today I bought a game called GO BY RC / RC DE GO, it came as a complete kit with the TAITO G-NET motherboard, the special controller and some other stuff that you can see in the pics.

I didn´t own this system before so I´m quite pleased that the motherboard was includedSmile

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/GoByRcKITinnehll.jpg

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/GoByRcKITTAITOG-netmoderkort.jpg

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/GoByRcKITmanual.jpg

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/GoByRcKITkartong.jpg

YouTube Video

Smile
Edited by priest on 16. October 2011 22:11

reelmojo
Ha, that video is of the PS1 version. It'd be interesting to see how the arcade version compares to it. The game itself looks pretty awesome! Kinda like a more modern take on old isometric racers like R.C. Pro AM and Rock 'N Roll Racing, which are both games I absolutely love. The PS1 version actually was released in the US and Europe (surprisingly, they didn't even change the name) and it's very cheap so I'll definitely pick it up soon.

Of course, that won't be anywhere near as cool as owning the actual arcade game with real RC racer style controls. That just looks insanely awesome. When you get it hooked up let us know how you like it.

Murikov
RC DE GO looks actually pretty awesome, Priest! I like the gameplay idea of chosing the chassis and the car body of your RC racer. Especially the camera viewpoint simulating the view of a RC operator looks great as well. That's why we love Japanese Arcade Games so much. Smile
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

priest
Yeah, RC DE GO is a lot like RC PRO AM / ROCK´N ROLL RACING like you guys say. Thats always a good thing and the controller brings something extra to the "experience". I likeThumbs Up

priest
A couple of weeks ago we had visitors in our arcade again, this time it was "SwedishMeatballs" (SMB ) with wife and kids. "SMB" seemed to enjoy Kiki Kaykay / Knightboy the most (he even beat our Kiki Kaykay HS) , while the kids seemed to prefer to play Crazy taxi.

The wife of "SMB" enjoyed sitting down chatting hours away with "JFG"

It´s really fun to see even the youngest of the kids enjoying playing pinball, the one standing on a chair playing pinball.

Yup! "SMB" and his wife both have done a great job thus far in raising the kids into enjoying "real" games and not "only" first person shootersSmile

Some pics from the visit:

The youngest of the pinball players this day:

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/IMG_1085.jpg

"SMB" and the Missus:

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/IMG_1084.jpg

"SMBs" Wife (I couldn´t catch her face on one single pic) :

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/IMG_1083.jpg

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/IMG_1082.jpg

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/IMG_1081.jpg

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/IMG_1080.jpg

This pic may appear as violent but its just JFG "swiftly" helping the the youngest one down from a stool:

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/IMG_1079.jpg

Some OUTRUN / CRAZY TAXI action:

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/IMG_1078.jpg
Edited by priest on 30. October 2011 20:56

Murikov
priest wrote:
A couple of weeks ago we had visitors in our arcade again, this time it was "SwedishMeatballs" (SMB ) with wife and kids. "SMB" seemed to enjoy Kiki Kaykay / Knightboy the most (he even beat our Kiki Kaykay HS) , while the kids seemed to prefer to play Crazy taxi...

It's really nice to see all these youngsters enjoying these jewels from the Golden Gaming era! I really feel ashamed seeing all the other kiddies going under with all that Halo/GoW/CoD garbage from nowadays... Anyway, great pictures and impressions! Thumbs Up

Kiki Kaikai is actually an awesome game, I enjoyed it very much on MAME. I think the SNES adaptions (also known as Pocky & Rocky 1 + 2 in the US) are even much better imo, really worth a play if you never gave it a go.

priest
Murikov: ThanksThumbs Up

You´re right about Kikikaykay, its really a great game...and pretty hard too. Pocky and rocky is also a good port of the arcade game

RiKo
Great pics Priest, good to see the arcade being fully used, and everyone having a great time! Thumbs Up Crazy Taxi machine looks awesome too. I've only ever played on one of those once, and that machine has gone now:(

Do you think you will get a R360? people will travel from all over if you could get one of those.

Murikov wrote :- Kiki Kaikai is actually an awesome game, I enjoyed it very much on MAME. I think the SNES adaptions (also known as Pocky & Rocky 1 + 2 in the US) are even much better imo, really worth a play if you never gave it a go.

I had both of those on SNES, i still have the first one i think, yes great games! I have a feeling you could get one on the PC Engine too but never played that.
Edited by RiKo on 31. October 2011 20:48
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Murikov
RiKo wrote:
I have a feeling you could get one on the PC Engine too but never played that.

I played that one via emulation a while ago and I thought it's a pretty good port of the 1986 Arcade version. The PC Engine itself was nonetheless famous for having some splendid Arcade ports.

However, I still think Pocky & Rocky 1 is the best one. Smile

STE C
Priest what you have achieved is fantastic, great to see young ones enjoying classic games as kids from that generation will probably never get the chance to play the genuine articles. You are like a gaming Jesus spreading the love of games to all.

Wonderboy
Nice. Keep up the good work. It's hard explaining the difference between arcade and home console games to the current generation of gamers, as STE C hinted. But it looks like you're doing your best to recreate the experience for a few of them.

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
priest
RiKo, STE C and 1st Super Tobalman: Thanks for your kind wordsThumbs Up

...And STE C: "You are like a gaming Jesus spreading the love of games to all." - Hehehe, I never thought of myself as any kind of "Jesus" but I´ll take it as an enormous compliment. Thanks:$

Supergrafx
A bit of an update on my cab restoration project for those that may be interested.I have fabricated a new control panel for my Simpsons cab as the old one had been converted from a 4 player cp to a 2 player 6 button fighting game at some stage and as such had extra holes drilled into it. The good folks at www.arcadeoverlay... have supplied all the new overlays,marquis and cabinet art(not fitted yet),i highly recommend them to anyone who is restoring or tidying up a cab as they supply excellent products and excellent service also.

Some pics of the work done on the Simpsons cab:-
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/magnus11/restorationcabs005.jpg
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/magnus11/restorationcabs006.jpg
And some pics of the TMNT cab,i have gone with the custom TMNT cp overlay as well as the custom marquis just to make the cab have a different look to the standard TMNT cabs. The original TMNT sideart looks like crap IMO so i have changed that also,it is based on the same art used on the control panel and looks great(just not fitted yet also).
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/magnus11/restorationcabs003.jpgi5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/magnus11/restorationcabs002.jpg
Hopefully i will have these two cabs finished over the coming holiday season and i will post some final pics.

Good to see your arcade pics Priest,i must get there one day for a visit.I have another 3 pinball machines arriving in time for christmas and will post some pics as soon as they are here.I am now making replacement siderails for all the older pinball machines as well as the top bars that the glass slides into....i have now made close to 200 sets of the different siderails and have orders coming in from all over OZ. It's good to have this sideline to help support my arcade game habit but it is also very time consuming which goes some way to explaining my lack of posts recently as well as my lack of progress on my own machines.
Edited by Supergrafx on 09. November 2011 23:33

priest
Supergrafx: Looking goodThumbs Up A question though: On the Simpson cab there are square player select buttons are these original or should there be round buttons?

In the unlikelely event (?) of you ending up in this part of the world, you are more than welcome to contact me for a visit to our arcadeSmile

Supergrafx
priest wrote:
Supergrafx: Looking goodThumbs Up A question though: On the Simpson cab there are square player select buttons are these original or should there be round buttons?

In the unlikelely event (?) of you ending up in this part of the world, you are more than welcome to contact me for a visit to our arcadeSmile

Yes priest they are the original select buttons,the 4 player cabs from Konami were all the same design(Simpsons,TMNT and Sunset Riders)with just different boards and cabinet graphics.I have new select buttons for both cabs that i need to install but i have been unable to find a new purple select button for the TMNT cab as it's not a standard colour.All of the joysticks and play buttons have been replaced with new sanwa's and happ buttons as well as new speakers.I've even replaced all the steel nuts,bolts,screws etc with stainless steel ones(a bit over the top i know).All i have left to do on both cabs is replace the T moldings and put the cabinet artwork on and they are finished.With a bit of luck they should be in my own arcade by the end of January.

A visit to your part of the world will happen sometime in the future so i'll certainly call in for a visit.The same goes for you should you ever be down this part of the globe.Headbang 2

priest
Thanks for the answerThumbs Up

I apreciate your "invitation", right now AUSTRALIA is pretty apealing. SWEDEN is dark and cold (and it gets worse before winter is over).

priest
I´m not really sure if this is the place to post this...

We´we had another visit from the local newspaper (MVT), they wanted to do a follow up article on our arcade. Sorry but I don´t have an english translated text but here´s the article anyway...

From left to right in the photos (click on pics and article to magnify...if you dare, that is Wink ):

"Larson" (previously known as "LillaEmil" ) , Me , "JFG"

Front page:

www.jfg.se/1op/images/lokalen/MT1.jpg

The article:

www.jfg.se/1op/images/lokalen/MT3.jpg

www.jfg.se/1op/images/lokalen/MT2.jpg
Edited by priest on 19. November 2011 21:53

merlin
Very cool that the newspaper did another feature about your arcade. Thumbs Up I wish I could read the article. Also great pics earlier on in this thread Priest. Good to see the younger generation having fun in the arcade too.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Murikov
Nice appearance in the papers, Priest! Thumbs Up

I tried to OCR the article and furthermore Google translated it. I think the result is not the best (its not 100% complete), but at least it gives us an idea what the newspaper wrote.

Boys are never adults. Or: The boy in us adult is there, always. MVT (the newspaper) stepped in a boy-dream this week, when we visited the Motala arcade hall in the old Luxorfabrlken. It's a fun thing and fun to be in this together, says Daniel Monresson, nice to have a room. The games take place at home of course, says Jan Gustavsson. You just have to come and play if you want. Just get in touch, says Magnus Larsson. Thuresson, Gustavsson and Larsson have everything in common. They have never grown from playing games, these games the adult grown up with. These physical games in a way, always will will be more fun than computer games, not matter how good (nowadays) computer game's graphics are becoming. There is something special about pinball games when the ball physically bounces. There is something special when playing the first "Donkey Kong " Arcade, just like these standing in the snack-food banknotes in the 1980s. There is something that sparkles in old "Shooters", or that tune around San Francisco in a classic game with a steering wheel, accelerator and brake (Crazy Taxi).

Instead of syniöte you can got to do something like this; says Jan Gustavsson. Thuresson, Gustavsson and Larsson has been reached through online forums, forums for arcade enthusiasts. In this way, they have begun organizing itself, and then one year, the Motala arcade was complete. There are a dozen old Pinball machines and more than 20 more Arcade games. It seems there is also a workshop where Games can be repaired. There is a sense to play these games.

Playing on the computer is not same thing, says Daniel Thuresson. These games are otherwiseof endangered species. There used to be Arcades in Varamon and also in central drum, but nowadays it seems only Jack Vegas machines are set up. It's too expensive and complicated to get a permission for operating Pinball machines. It becomes not profitable, says Magnus Larsson. There is currently no public LIG room with these games in the town. Motala arcade is actually not open to the public, only for trusted Friends. The town of Norrköping still has some arcades. Then there are games at Liseberg in Gothenburg and at Heron City in Stockholm. So they remain until now, but they are rare, says Daniel. Playing games is not about being a boy or signed can printer-man. To have fun is just as fun, no matter to "revisit childhood" age by playing the classic titles like the first "Donkey Kong"...

Jump to Forum: