Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: 1983parrothead
Thread ID: 2718
Thread Info
There are 8 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4432 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
ADK company discussion
1983parrothead
When most people think of ADK, only their Neo-Geo games pop up in their minds, especially the World Heroes series. Sometimes Blue's Journey, Ninja Combat, Ninja Commando, Magician Lord, Aggressors of Dark Kombat, Ninja Master's and their last effort before merging in with SNK, Twinkle Star Sprites, also pop up. But what about ADK's pre-Neo-Geo arcade games like Shougi, Crush Roller, Sky Soldiers, Sky Adventure, Battle Field, Time Soldier, Gang Wars and the Champion Baseball franchise?

Here is a webpage about the history of ADK on Jap-Sai:

http://www.jap-sa...DK/ADK.htm

merlin
I love most of ADK's Neo Geo games but I've got to admit I've played hardly any of their earlier titles. I do remember trying Gang Wars a while back but it didn't really hold my attention that much at the time. I'll definitely have to try some more of their early games on Mame. I read that they were responsible for the very first arcade Mahjong game.

On the Neo Geo I feel that Twinkle Star Sprites is probably their best game.

Murikov
Actually I've never played any early ADK games before; especially Battle Field and Gang Wars could be worth a try. My personal ADK favorites until now are Nina Master's (not to confuse with Ninja Combat Grin) and Twinkle Star Sprites. Ninja Master's has also some of my all-time favorite stage backgrounds, I just could hang them up in my room like a painting so nice they are.

img695.imageshack.us/img695/3925/ninjamasters.gif

And I've never been a big fan of the World Heroes series, maybe I have to explore them a little more. Cool
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

merlin
Inspired by this thread I checked out a few early ADK games. Tried Gang Wars again. Not a terrible game but I just find it a bit boring I'm afraid. Also checked out Super Stingray and Sky Adventure.

Super Stingray (1986) is a vertically scrolling game in which you control a tank. You have to fight through loads of enemy tanks and gun emplacements, reach the enemy base and destroy it. You can return to your own base at any time for repairs. I quite enjoyed it. Quite a tricky game I couldn't get past stage 4.

Sky Adventure (1989) is a typical vertically scrolling shoot 'em up. You fly over the jungle facing enemy planes, tanks and even dinosaurs. You have a choice of four different weapon configurations at the start of the game. There are sub bosses in the middle of a stage too. A pretty decent shooter I think.

Anyone else tried any early ADK games?

1983parrothead
Here are two very good playthroughs of Gang Wars (uploaded by ReplayBurners):

Played as Mike

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

Played as Jackie

PART 1

PART 2

ADK's later beat 'em up, Ninja Combat, must of been the spiritual successor of Gang Wars, according to Jap-Sai. Here is the playthrough uploaded by ReplayBurners:

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3
Edited by 1983parrothead on 02. July 2010 20:45

1983parrothead
*bump*

I noticed that ADK was involved in the 1997 PS1 title by Miraisoft, Treasure Gear.

hitorkori
what about adk world i tried it last night zany shooting game quite diffucult

http://www.jap-sa..._World.htm

1983parrothead
Here is a gameplay video of the oldest ADK title shown online:

YouTube Video

Champion Baseball, one of ADK's first successful titles, appeared in the first video arcade game show aired in the U.S. known as Starcade:

http://www.starca...seball.asp

While playing through every World Heroes title, not only I created and updated their related articles, but I also researched and updated some info for the ADK company article. I also added the logo:

http://en.wikiped...company%29

I figured that some of ADK's last titles before bankruptcy were released for the Neo Geo Pocket Color.

Jump to Forum: