Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: bojan4o
Thread ID: 2708
Thread Info
There are 22 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3984 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
here you can post ideas for a new (fighting) game from snkp
bojan4o
well as i saw on recent posts almost everyone want to see a new game from snkp
well i read only about a new fighting game so you can post your ideas here

Now my idea is: Some recent fighting games from snk have a very big rosters like kof XI kof 98 um and Kof 02 um so why cant they make a fighting game consisting all the bosses that snk did made for their respectful games not only fighting games but all games they can even make several games like first part second part and etc etc if one game cant take on all those characters in one game LOL forgot to tell these games need to have an actual story
ok now you can post your own ideas
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Murikov
IMO SNKP should consider to develop a fighting game based in a new universe (not KOF, Garou, Samsho etc.), with fresh ideas but combined with proven gamplay-systems from the previous games. Maybe a lot of players just wish a new appearance of new SNKP games. On the other hand I think it's very hard for an developer to satisfiy both old fans and new customers aswell.

I can't say if a 3D title la SFIV could be more successful (and I wouldn't be a fan of it anyway), but creating a new bunch of 2D HD sprites and backgrounds etc. is a hell of work. A character in KoFXII for example has about 600 frames. But if SNKP would invest enough time to make a to detail game apprearance (like in the times of KoF '94) and to set up an sophisticated gameplay-system (based on well-known ones), the game could be a success in all cases.

A non-Fighting game also could attract new and old players. And it mustn't be another Metal Slug to be successful. I think a little bit of innovation to develop something new and fresh is needed at SNKP.

Anyway, I also could be completely wrong about this topic. I can imagine that developers nowaday must effort an enorm amount of mental and physical work to create a good game.
Edited by Murikov on 19. June 2010 18:59
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

NeoGeoNinja
Murikov wrote:
IMO SNKP should consider to develop a fighting game based in a new universe (not KOF, Garou, Samsho etc.), with fresh ideas but combined with proven gamplay-systems from the previous games. Maybe a lot of players just wish a new appearance of new SNKP games. On the other hand I think it's very hard for an developer to satisfiy both old fans and new customers aswell.

I can't say if a 3D title la SFIV could be more successful (and I wouldn't be a fan of it anyway), but creating a new bunch of 2D HD sprites and backgrounds etc. is a hell of work. A character in KoFXII for example has about 600 frames. But if SNKP would invest enough time to make a to detail game apprearance (like in the times of KoF '94) and to set up an sophisticated gameplay-system (based on well-known ones), the game could be a success in all cases.

A non-Fighting game also could attract new and old players. And it mustn't be another Metal Slug to be successful. I think a little bit of innovation to develop something new and fresh is needed at SNKP.

Anyway, I also could be completely wrong about this topic. I can imagine that developers nowaday must effort an enorm amount of mental and physical work to create a good game.

I, AND PRETTY MUCH...
everyone here agrees with you I think Murikov. It's been discussed several times before, and many of us arrive at the very same sentiment you have expressed: SNKP need to make a new, fresh, never seen before 2D fighting game franchise. It would be fantastic to see.

It CAN work! I still believe that ArcSys Works Blaz Blue is a strong and successful testament to the every same mentality - similar game mechanics, capitalising upon decades of knowledge in the industry coupled with a fresh approach.

NOW...
regarding my selfish SNKP wants, like Bojan has already said (and I've mentioned it beofre in the past, I'm sure) I to, would love to see and ULTIMATE KOF that contains all of the Neo-Geo style 2D characters in the ONE game! It would be truly awesome (94 - XI & 02UM). Also, include the remaining NGBC characters too as well as some of the SNK SVC characters (Earthquake and Mr Karate for example) Yummy

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Murikov
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
NOW...
regarding my selfish SNKP wants, like Bojan has already said (and I've mentioned it beofre in the past, I'm sure) I to, would love to see and ULTIMATE KOF that contains all of the Neo-Geo style 2D characters in the ONE game! It would be truly awesome (94 - XI & 02UM). Also, include the remaining NGBC characters too as well as some of the SNK SVC characters (Earthquake and Mr Karate for example) Yummy

Ninja

If some fans are already able to create this with MUGEN, I'm sure that SNKP could do this aswell; in a even better way! I think everyone would love to participate at this "ultimate dream match of the universe (and beyond)" Grin! And even imagine it with the KoFXII graphic engine!

The only problem would be to put right all character's balance. I mean for example 94' Daimon wouldn't stand a chance against NGBC Robert...

bojan4o
yes you all are right about the new fighting game with new characters and all but just imagine geese fighting rugal or zankuro lol with XII engine graphics and to have a boss in that game never seen before but stronger than any boss from the snk syndrome bosses
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

NeoGeoNinja
Murikov wrote:
... I think everyone would love to participate at this "ultimate dream match of the universe (and beyond)" Grin! And even imagine it with the KoFXII graphic engine!

KOFXII ENGINE EH?...
cool idea (and I knew you weren't being serious) but seriously... the game I proposed COULD exist one day, and one day, I think it should! Problem is, in terms of gaming platform, I think they've missed the boat. The only viable platform would be on the Wii and MAYBE PS3 & 360 via PSN/XBLA. Ah well, regardless, it will never happen :(

Ninja

bojan4o
i am very serious just imagine the final boss of that game you are playing with the hardest bosses ever in a snk universe and all those special moves are easy to make but you still cant beat that final boss

Murikov
bojan4o wrote:
i am very serious just imagine the final boss of that game you are playing with the hardest bosses ever in a snk universe and all those special moves are easy to make but you still cant beat that final boss

This would be the even more evil son of Magaki with implanted genes of Rugal and Igniz! Shock Just to imagine this bastard gives me goosebumps...

LIFE_IN_2D
I think making a whole new universe would be a great idea. But hopefully SNKP can design good characters, SNKP has made nothing but mediocre characters, IMO. Of course there are some I... like but their KOF poster boys has been shite (Alba, Soiree, and Ash), terrible. Their character design is what I fear most.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 20. June 2010 18:57
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
im afraid i have to agree too Smile fresh franchises are what we need. i hope they really put a lot of effort and craft into them. half-hearted efforts will not be tolerated by the fans!

nice idea Bojan about the boss battling game. i reckon SNK would like that so they can reuse sprites Smile i rarely get to the bosses on most games
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
LIFE_IN_2D
Riko: Off the top of my head here are some non fragile/weak women in fighting.

1)Vanessa from KOF. This chick is freaking awesome, tough as nails. Tom-boyish (boy is this sexy), she hits HARD goes out for a mug of beer after she knocks you out! Easily my favorite 'tough girl', in any fighting game.

2)R. Mika from Street Fighter Alpha. This girl slams everybody around like rag-dolls, very agressive attitude.

3)Maki from Final Fight 2 and CVS2. This girl is a tom-boy as well, she is part of a motorcycle gang, spits, curses and taunts. Bad-ass.

4)Hinako from KOF. This little chick is awesome, she has a sumo style of fighting and weighs like 90 lbs. This girl will easily push your face in.

5) King from AOF, KOF. The chick is border line butch lesbian, tough as a nickle steak, awesome moves and taunts. Great attitude, she convinced people for years she was a he Pfft
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 20. June 2010 20:21

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
ahh some good ones there 2D Thumbs Up the only ones i could think off offhand were big bertha from Renegade ( i think that was her name) and Rila from Breakers who is more of a beast lady. you have much more knowledge than me.

a lot of Tom boys there. i reckon they could have a more standard female character who is strong, maybe from special powers rather than from looking more masculine, just to mix things up for people who want to play as a female character but not as the standard fast/agile but weak type.

agreed about Vanessa being a tough lady!

Running Wild
img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Hokageizlude/Garou14.gif

I think it's time SNK quit dicking around and GIT SERHOUZ.

MOTW2 or GTFO.
img842.imageshack.us/img842/6448/wildsig.png

http://www.twitch.tv/runningwildvidya
LIFE_IN_2D
^I've seen that before, where is it from again? Hmm

I'd rather SNKP not touch MOTW, they might screw it up and put in some shit characters like Ash or the MIERDA (Pfft) brothers. If they kept to CLASSIC characters, I'd be all for it, but they wouldn't.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 22. June 2010 01:07

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
Murikov wrote:

I completely agree with everything you said Murikov. We could really do with a new fighting game franchise from Playmore featuring completely new characters. I understand they're a small company and it's a risk for them but they need to do it at some point. They have quite a loyal fanbase and I'm sure a lot of people would be very excited if they announced a completely new fighter. One thing as well is that if it wasn't a team game like KOF they could just have around 12-14 characters so that would surely mean significantly less development time and expense too.

I like the sound also of a new non-fighting arcade game from them that's not Metal Slug. I'd like to see them doing a vertically scrolling run 'n gun game.
Edited by merlin on 22. June 2010 11:49
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

yuki1518
[quote]merlin wrote:
[quote]Murikov wrote:

Brand new SNKP fighting franchise game in SNK Universe would be awesome. I mean, a new one. Not KOF, Fatal Fury, Last Blade, Samurai Shodown, Art of Fighting and Savage Reign. I just want to see a brand new original Fighting game franchise in the future new SNKP characters and new artworks in the new fighting Franchise and new fighters in SNKP Universe.I hope it is in 2d fighter game for the the SNKP new fighting franchise.Please make it happen SNKP.I'm your huge fan SNKP. I really want to see a completely brand new SNKP male Hero Protagonist Fighter and the newest characters in the new original Fighting franchise video game.Please Please make it happen SNKP team originality and create a totally new fighting game new SNKP male Hero Protagonist Fighter and the newest characters.I hope its in 2d fighting like KOF series make it HD Sprites for the new characters like KOF XIII.Only I want to see new SNKP male Hero Protagonist Fighter in the brand new fighting franchise. Please do not make it from ADK. Terry
Edited by yuki1518 on 04. January 2012 04:58

neoman
Terryhow about mark of the wolf 2 with characters featuring from street fighter very tempting!!!!!!!!

RiKo
I think SNK should make a new 2D shooter, a good one. and also make a 2.5D fighter - update one of their old franchises in 2.5D (Mark of the Wolves?) or a totally new one (like Murikov said), in the same way Capcom did with Streetfighter. Maybe change it around a bit go back to basics make it accessible for a new audience. and then worry about adding more advanced features in later editions. it needs to have top quality graphics and animation, and also play well of course. Dont make it niche or so that it just appeals to the hardcore. That would be a mistake. I think Capcom has shown the way really, SNK should follow.

NeoGeoNinja
RiKo wrote:
I think SNK should make a new 2D shooter, a good one. and also make a 2.5D fighter - update one of their old franchises in 2.5D (Mark of the Wolves?) or a totally new one (like Murikov said), in the same way Capcom did with Streetfighter. Maybe change it around a bit go back to basics make it accessible for a new audience. and then worry about adding more advanced features in later editions. it needs to have top quality graphics and animation, and also play well of course. Dont make it niche or so that it just appeals to the hardcore. That would be a mistake.

I think Capcom has shown the way really, SNK should follow.

ALTHOUGH...
I cannot deny how so very, VERY happy I am that SNK didn't follow Capcom, and that we have a truly fantastic modern-day 2D fighting experience in KOFXIII.

If SNK had have taken the (say) Maximum Impact series MORE seriously than a side series, I would have lost SERIOUS interest. The MI titles are actually cool in their own right, but just like SF4, is NO substitute for the real (2D) deal.

Although, yes, what Capcom has done makes MORE business sense, selfishly, as the gamer I AM, what Capcom has delivered is far from what I want. Luckily for me, I have been able to rely on SNK to deliver, with KOF at least - which, business sense-wise, is really the only modern day title in their back-catalogue worth investing in, today.

Judging by the reviews and responses, it seems that sticking to their 'true nature' was the best possible plan overall.

Don't get me wrong SF4 is a nice offering, but it will never be a true alternative to what I need from a 2D fighter - because as much as they attempt to sidestep the fact through the direction of the game mechanics, the game still feels, handles and responds like a 3D fighter. And, unfortunately, the likes of BlazBlue and MVC3 are just too OTT and 'in your face!' for me to even remotely care about, or enjoy.

ON THE WHOLE THOUGH RIKO...
I think you ARE probably right. As a sound business decision, perhaps SNK should follow by Capcoms leading example. But personally, I truly hope this NEVER happens...

Ninja

yuki1518
NeoGeoNinja do you agree with me in the future SNKP will create completely brand new SNKP male Hero Protagonist Fighter and the newest characters in the new original Fighting franchise video game in SNKP Universe?

Jump to Forum: