Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: GeeseTheDuck
Thread ID: 2707
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 10645 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Which SNK character do you think has changed the most
GeeseTheDuck
Since his/her introduction?

My vote goes to the fiery polefighter from England Billy Kane!
His design started as a homage to English wrestler "Dynamite Kid"
and then somewhere down the road became a Axl Rose homage.

Then: images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100427010454/snk/images/f/f6/Billykane95.gif
Now: images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100427010514/snk/images/c/c6/Billykane97.gif

Dynamite Kid + Axl Rose = Billy Kane?
While i prefer Axl Billy, Dynamite Billy wasn't a bad design either,
somewhat of a shame that he had to go.
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 17. June 2010 20:51
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
NeoGeoNinja
I'D SAY...
Robert Garcia was pretty high up on my list. Every so often they just feel the need to just completely revise him, both physically an in terms of how he plays!

images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419182031/snk/images/5/50/Robert95.gif images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419182054/snk/images/7/70/Robert96.gif images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419182109/snk/images/b/ba/Robert99.gif images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419182134/snk/images/a/a9/Robert2003.gif images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419182151/snk/images/5/5e/Robertngbc.gif

Chino's FTW!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
^Good choice Ninja. Yeah that guy freaking changes his clothes, hair, stance, and moves so much. My favorite is '02 Robert, the sprite in the middle... especially when you pick his all black alternate costume.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

The eccentric cat
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Athena Asamiya o.o
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

Will
I believe Mai of many characters has changed. She used to be a smart, determined fighter, but ever since she entered the KOF series, she became a spunky joyful sort that seems to give the impression she isn't quite up to a fight like before.

The character that has had a one step change from one game to its sequel would be Riden to Big Bear.

A character changing both appearance wise and power wise would always be Rugal.

Keita-Kata
Athena Asamiya, because of her outfits changes in almost every KOF games.
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

NeoGeoNinja
The eccentric cat wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Athena Asamiya o.o

White Angel wrote:
Athena Asamiya, because of her outfits changes in almost every KOF games.

REGARDING ATHENA...
I don't really think that it's the best choice OVERALL because it's only really her aesthetics that ever change - the character herself tends to ALWAYS remain the same.

Sure there's nothing wrong with mentioning her based on this factor, but for me, it's pretty superficial.

Personally, I chose Robert because, sure, he doesn't change outfit as often as Athena, but imo, he is the most constantly heavily revised character I can think of (off the top of my head!), both aesthetically (stance, clothing etc) and moves-wise - especially the specific transition iterations: 95 - 96 - 99 - 02 - 03 - XI. They all play pretty damn differently imo, with 02 Robert perhaps harking back to the more traditional AOF Robert from 94/95 (and indeed, XII!).

03 ver. is my fave, followed by XI (NGBC) and then 95...

Personally, aesthetically speaking the NESTS Robert is my least favourite - hate the bouncy stance (it looks too rigid ) and the outfit looks terrible imo - can't stand the overly jangly necklace/medallion either. Sorry!

Ninja

LIFE_IN_2D
Yeah Ninja, Robert's move set is so confusing to me, from one KOF to another. The only game I use Robert in is KOF '02, his move set (and their respective command inputs) is basically identical to Ryo's (with variations of course). Hence when I try to play with Robert in various KOF games( 03, XI and nest Robert)... I am totally useless. In some KOFs you even have charge commands for Robert, LAME. Which leads me to ask, in what other KOF's does Robert play like '02 ?

images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419182109/snk/images/b/ba/Robert99.gif
^As for appearances (concerning clothes and hair)... in '02 Robert looks just like his AOF 1 & 2 version, with added tacky medallion. I really like the way the sprite looks. Although I must admit that the stance welcomes a punch to the face.

images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419182134/snk/images/a/a9/Robert2003.gif
^His KOF 03 sprite looks weird to me, he looks wayyyyy skinny and disproportionate. I admitt I don't know much martial arts, but, I don't think his stance resembles any Karate Stance I've ever seen. In general, Robert has funny looking stances.

images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419182151/snk/images/5/5e/Robertngbc.gif
^This Robert looks like he is dancing around doing the 'hockie pokie', saying "Look my hands are down, please hit my face!!". Plus this Robert throws weird Sonic-Boom-like projectiles FROM HIS LEGS! WTF?!?

images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419182054/snk/images/7/70/Robert96.gif
^Here his leading leg looks as if it is getting dislocated and popped into place over and over again. Geez Robert, YOUR LEG IS BROKEN! Pfft Hahahaha!
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 18. June 2010 16:39
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoStrayCat
Off Topic:

images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100427010514/snk/images/c/c6/Billykane97.gif = www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/axl-rlstance.gif

On Topic:

How bout Kyo Kusanagi, you guys should never forget the "Poster Boy" of KOF.

From This: www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/ky98stance.gif

To This: www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/kyo99-reg-stance.gif

And This: www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/kyo03stance.gif
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 18. June 2010 18:02
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
bojan4o
images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419182151/snk/images/5/5e/Robertngbc.gif
well io read somewhere that this robert is actually older robert like terry was 30 + in garou this robert is 30+ in ngbc
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Will
I am amazed at how Robert changes so quick from game to game until he finally puts on a pair of white trousers instead of beige. I like the Robert with the black shirt, the brown jacket and the necklace out of all.

Don't mind me asking bojan4o, but how older is Robert than Terry exactly? Their age looks pretty similar in KOF series.

STE C
yeah I would agree with Robert having some radical changes my fave being his 03 self followed by his 96 reinvention. I have always been a fan of Robert since AOF1 and would like to see more SNK characters get major overhauls in future games ( er well KOF that is as it appears to be the only franchise SNK still see as viable).

Iori I still think is the coolest designed SNK character ever and he was well due an overhaul but last years white spandex pants and move changes dod not go down well with me, white spandex thats like that knob who was in The Darkness Justin Hawkins *not cool*

NeoGeoNinja
STE C wrote:
Iori I still think is the coolest designed SNK character ever and he was well due an overhaul but last years white spandex pants and move changes dod not go down well with me, white spandex thats like that knob who was in The Darkness Justin Hawkins *not cool*

www.fightersgeneration.com/np5/kof13/1/iori-kof13.jpg

STE...
were gonna have to disagree on this one mate. I actually think that Iori's new look is pretty f'in cool. As for white Spandex, where did you get that from?! They just look like boot cut trousers to me. Check out his latest badass self in the attached picture, his KOFXIII self no less. i think he's looking plain awesome. Infact, I reckon that's one of his finer protraits. The face is unbelievable. Ah... maybe it's just me.

I do love his original outfit too, and I'm secretly hoping that one day, they'll do a 'Kusanagi' with Iori, and create an alter ego in his Orochi rendition, to play as a separate character (just like Kusanagi) complete with old moveset and old outfit! (minus the ridiculous speed and 'hunch' ). Trés cool, non?

Ninja

Keita-Kata
NeoGeoNinja wrote:REGARDING ATHENA...
I don't really think that it's the best choice OVERALL because it's only really her aesthetics that ever change - the character herself tends to ALWAYS remain the same.

Sure there's nothing wrong with mentioning her based on this factor, but for me, it's pretty superficial.

Personally, I chose Robert because, sure, he doesn't change outfit as often as Athena, but imo, he is the most constantly heavily revised character I can think of (off the top of my head!), both aesthetically (stance, clothing etc) and moves-wise - especially the specific transition iterations: 95 - 96 - 99 - 02 - 03 - XI.

Ninja

I know that Athena hasn't changed much gameplay wise, her play style hasn't changed all over the years, so as Mai Shiranui.
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

Raiken
Kyo really changed in KOF 99. He'd already been changing gradually before then like everyone elseb but his incarnation in that game really stood out to me. It was nostalgic seeming him return to his old style in XII.

STE C
[quote
STE...
were gonna have to disagree on this one mate. I actually think that Iori's new look is pretty f'in cool. As for white Spandex, where did you get that from?! They just look like boot cut trousers to me.

Ninja[/quote]

Aye now I see that pic they are white bootcut pants and pretty cool they are , they just look a bit spandexy when playing the game.

Black Shroud
What an easy question:
look at Haohmaru in main SS games and then look at old Haohmaru in PSX samsho. Different hairdo, different clothes, beard(!), and like completely new moveset.

Also honorable mention for Terry Bogard sprite change in Garou
i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/Viscelon/sign1lesser.gif

spirits.kaillera.ru
M-Kof
The most changed character in Ikari Warriors team is Ralf.
You can see the image below :

KOF 94' - 98' Appearance
images.wikia.com/snk/images/4/49/Ralf96.gif

KOF 99' Appearance
www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/ralf-stance.gif

KOF 00' - XI Appearance (My favourites Ralf appearance)
images.wikia.com/snk/images/a/ac/Ralf2000.gif

and his KOF XII - XIII Appearance (Which looks weird for me)
images.wikia.com/snk/images/0/0f/Ralfkofxii.gif

And my favourite SNK Character Changes is Leona.

From
www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/leona99-stance.gif

To
images.wikia.com/snk/images/8/8c/Leonakofxii.gif

Jump to Forum: