Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: LIFE_IN_2D
Thread ID: 2675
Thread Info
There are 61 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 15706 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Official NGFL Pets Thread !!!
NeoStrayCat
Noooo 2D, not the family pet! >_>, oh well. (At least you're moving on.)

This topic still reminds me of merlin's pet...merlin, lol. >_>

Well, I do have pets (dogs) here where I live, but they aren't mine of course.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
merlin
Good idea reviving this thread 2D. Smaug is a beautiful looking cat! I like her grey coat. Sorry to hear about Isis passing away but like you said it's nice that at least she lives on through her offspring.

I really miss not having a cat. I would love to get one again but can't because I'm away from home quite often.

Maybe a few other NGFL members would like to show some photos of their pets?

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

Necro bump from hell!

Since the original post, my parents informed me that poor Isis is dead. Sadly, she got ran over. She was really my mum's cat, hence my mum was very sad at Isis' passing, as was I. Luckily, Isis lives on through her offspring, she gave birth to a very nice, gentle and loving cat that my nephew named Dr. Nuggets . Here is an older picture of her.

s15.postimg.org/yxk0nwnm3/baby_doc.jpg

Odin is alive and well. Like most male freeŚroaming cats, he spends a lot of time around the neighborhood, mostly fighting. He visits my parents quite often and has grown into a beast of a cat, very muscular and intimidating.

I recently acquired a new pet, a stray cat that I've grown very fond of. . I call her Smaug, due to her grey coat. Like most of the cats I've befriended, she is very stuck up and anti-social. I suppose I get along with those types of cats best. I've always a wanted a gray cat, and I finally have one. Here she is, looking very mean.

s24.postimg.org/alsgxjgph/smaug.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd really like to see some of our new member's pets, and hear updates of every bodies' animal friends. I hope all your pets are doing well.

Sorry to hear about Isis dude. I'm gonna have to admit, being a bit slow off the mark, the 1st picture... is that a youthful photo of Isis, or Dr Nuggets?

Also, Smaug is stunning. Literally. What a beauty...
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
The little light colored tabby is Dr. Nuggets (as a kitten), Ninja. There's a picture of the Doc's mum (Isis) on the first page of the thread, she was a Siamese mix.

Thanks for your nice words about Smaug, I find her to be a dashing cat myself. Unfortunately, she's a pain in the neck sometimes.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
Necro time!
Just realised I've never posted here. I have head some pets in the past (2 dwarf hamsters, 4 rabbits and 2 goldfish), but currently I have a Syrian hamster and last week I bought two leopard geckos called Bubble and Bobble.

lh4.googleusercontent.com/-BDhzF1lKsd0/VCfa4EJIEII/AAAAAAAAAvc/Wt_tLlUN3HY/w949-h630-no/_DSC8903.jpg

lh6.googleusercontent.com/-gws3DH8l5Tc/VCfbMm8w_TI/AAAAAAAAAvY/kq4QqYyHkk0/w949-h630-no/_DSC8997.jpg
Edited by cthulhu on 28. September 2014 16:19
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

LIFE_IN_2D
Very awesome, I've always wanted reptile or amphibian pests. Unfortunately, I know nothing about how to properly care for them.

Very cute geckos and very fitting names! Big Puzzle Bobble fan.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
Tamed one of my Geckos a while ago...she climbs out of the terrarium and onto my hand and from there all over me.

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R3s-C-KT3KI/VRBigsFR0_I/AAAAAAAABYg/OgpdMbuYIx8/w891-h594-no/DSC_0430.jpg

lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UK008tzzfV4/VRBjmAoi1oI/AAAAAAAABY0/ziUvKruAum0/w891-h594-no/DSC_0434.jpg

lh4.googleusercontent.com/-vztDa9u_RmY/VRBj4LMMQpI/AAAAAAAABY8/5voeN5tQdHg/w891-h594-no/DSC_0435.jpg

Here's a closeup:
lh6.googleusercontent.com/-JG0WRHlOGwU/VRBq8maIezI/AAAAAAAABZQ/sV6IThWqTi0/w891-h594-no/DSC_0150.jpg
My arcade stuff

Sensi
They look beautiful and healthy Cthulhu.
How old can they get? Can you held them together in one place or do you have to seperate them? Should be great if you can tame the other one too.

cthulhu
This type of reptile (leopard gecko) is probably the easiest to keep, they have very little requirements. The things they need are, a good temperature (around 35 degrees Centigrade during the day and 18 at night), a little bit of water (they don't drink much), a shelter for each animal in case they want their privacy, a moist space for sheding skin (in my case it's moist moss in one of the shelters) and some crickets with calcium powder sprinkled over them (without vitamin D). Sound like it's a lot but they only need to be fed 3 times in a week and the bedding of the terrarium has to be changed once or twice a year. They are also house broken and will use the same spot each time (in my case the covered shelter with the moss).
The two geckos I have are both female and can be kept together, two males will fight each other and a male and a female together will mate and give offspring.
Bobble is relatively tame, but doesn't want to be picked up.
They can live up to 6-10 years and females will reach a size of 18-20 cm.
Leopard geckos are very friendly and docile pets and great beginner reptiles...also look pretty.
My arcade stuff

RiKo
Cute gecko Cthulhu Thumbs Up
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
DarakuTenshi
Here is Tango and Cash
s24.postimg.org/cerzqenx1/10644855_10204977040891823_6160040238568861719_n.jpg
Tango is the Dachshund Mix that we adopted almost 2 years ago and the Chihuahua mix was adopted about a year ago.

LIFE_IN_2D
cthulhu - Very cute geckos! Very interesting markings on them.

DK - Very cute dogs. Especially like the Dachshund Mix. They usually ride shotgun like that?

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
Unfortunately had to put Bubble to sleep today...she was suffering badly from a Cryptosporidium infection which unfortunately can't be treated and is fatal.

On the bright side, about three weeks ago I've bought another pet...a Crested Gecko male named Nergal:

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7kdUbMc88Vk/Vf648yv37MI/AAAAAAAACA8/8o6PiaMwUjg/s720-Ic42/DSC_5562.jpg

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rJjFiugFyXE/Vf64-vV77VI/AAAAAAAACBE/Fd3ht8aUi4c/s1024-Ic42/DSC_5590.jpg

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Y6OfgdlwiJA/Vh0K9q9P_qI/AAAAAAAACEE/z2xB2xgAI2U/s1024-Ic42/DSC_6095.jpg
My arcade stuff

Sensi
It's sad to hear Bubble passed away Cthulhu. He didn't get very old if you bought him last year? He looked young at the 2014 pictures.

Nergal looks handsome. I love his little, cute legs! Are reptiles also different characters, like cats and dogs?

cthulhu
Unfortunately she was only one year old.
Yes, reptiles do have different characters, but not so extensive as cats and dogs.
Bubble was always asking for attention and wanted to leave the terrarium, when she was outside she explored everything in her own time and she also liked to warm herself on the palm of my hands. Bobble on the otherhand is a lot faster and when she is outside of the terrarium she rarely sits still, she runs around a lot and the longer she's outside, the more active she gets. Up untill the point where it becomes really difficult to hold her...she tries to jump from hands and it becomes rather difficult to get het back inside the terrarium.
My arcade stuff

Sensi
I can imagine they can be nasty little buggers to catch. You let them loose in the house so they can explore every corner? Has it happened you lost them for some time? Every now and then you hear some funny stories about (creepy) escaped animals.

LIFE_IN_2D
Sorry to hear about Bubble. It's hard to lose a pet.

May Bubble rest in peace.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
Thank you very much!
My arcade stuff

Sensi
Here are some photos of my 'temporary'cat.
His is name is Okami (8 year male). I take care of him right now, because my ex-girlfriend doesn't have much time on her hands.
He has grown up in this appartment, so it's naturally his second home.

To make him more active and keep him healthy, I play with him more often with strings and balls. I also let him loose outside when he's up for it. The last few weeks I walked with him, showing him the neighbourhood. He's still a little bit scared, but now he's ready to go alone. The last two times he was on it's own and he came back when I strolled through the neighbourhood.

s8.postimg.org/6srm6aswl/IMG_1038.jpg

s8.postimg.org/4a5x5m76d/IMG_1046.jpg

s8.postimg.org/z6x1q6ggl/IMG_1053.jpg

s8.postimg.org/y5wt11zh1/IMG_1056.jpg

RiKo
Cute cat Sensi. I like how you got him used to the neigbourhood by walking with him. I'd like a cat but I rent my house and there's a 'no pets' condition. Maybe one day Smile

One of my friends has a cat who she has never let out of the house. I was a bit shocked when I found out. I assumed he had been going out the whole time. Doesn't seem right to me.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: