Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: vanilla8282
Thread ID: 2672
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5098 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Time Killers arcade game
vanilla8282
Does anybody remember time killers the arcade game??? with the chainsaw guy and knight and alien??? wow awesome game you could lose an arm and keep on fighting !!!! so coool

http://www.youtub...EIvG44P128
fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/vanilla8282.png

merlin
vanilla8282 wrote:
Does anybody remember time killers the arcade game??? with the chainsaw guy and knight and alien??? wow awesome game you could lose an arm and keep on fighting !!!! so coool

I heard about this one a while back Vanilla and always wanted to give it a try but somehow forgot. I downloaded it yesterday and gave it a go. Sorry to say this but I thought it was really bad. Graphically it looks poor and gameplay feels awkward. However I've got to admit all the limb/head slicing action is very funny. I was fighting against the viking warrior and cut both his arms off and he was jumping around trying to kick me! Very very funny to watch! Grin

I've played BloodStorm which is by the same developers and that was also really bad. I think it's worth playing these games just for a laugh though. I read that the publisher Strata went out of business after the release of BloodStorm which isn't all that surprising really!

vanilla8282
merlin wrote:
vanilla8282 wrote:

I heard about this one a while back Vanilla and always wanted to give it a try but somehow forgot. I downloaded it yesterday and gave it a go. Sorry to say this but I thought it was really bad. Graphically it looks poor and gameplay feels awkward. However I've got to admit all the limb/head slicing action is very funny. I was fighting against the viking warrior and cut both his arms off and he was jumping around trying to kick me! Very very funny to watch! Grin

I've played BloodStorm which is by the same developers and that was also really bad. I think it's worth playing these games just for a laugh though. I read that the publisher Strata went out of business after the release of BloodStorm which isn't all that surprising really!

for sure . i just remember being ten years old and losing all my money to just blatently trying to dismember opponents with all my parents change!!!!! its more of a lol at the memories of what was a good game when i was young Smile

Raiken
My local pizza place used to have it when it was still around. Always thought it was pretty ridiculous.

vanilla8282
princeharry13 wrote:
"Life and Death, the two prime forces of nature, have fought a timeless struggle for dominance over All That Is. The incarnate forces of Life and Death clash constantly, within and without all dimensions, planes and times. Both Life and Death enjoy victories and mourn losses in their struggle, but for the most part the two entities are evenly matched.

Exactly what i was saying just a classic game lolAnnoyed

Glowsquid
I read that the publisher Strata went out of business after the release of BloodStorm

I thought they were behind those Golden Tree Golf games.

merlin
Glowsquid wrote:
I thought they were behind those Golden Tree Golf games.

I don't actually know much about Strata to be honest but yes you're right they did publish the first games in the Golden Tee series. According to the wikipedia article for BloodStorm Strata went out of business after that game. BloodStorm has got to be one of the worst fighting games I've ever played.

NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:
BloodStorm has got to be one of the worst fighting games I've ever played.

AND TRUST ME...
if Merlin says that, then it MUST be bad!! LOL

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

cthulhu
Yep it's a complete piece of shit...indeed one of the worst I've ever played...I've played a lot of really crappy Fighting Games that were a lot more fun than Blood Storm and Time Killers.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

vanilla8282
cthulhu wrote:
Yep it's a complete piece of shit...indeed one of the worst I've ever played...I've played a lot of really crappy Fighting Games that were a lot more fun than Blood Storm and Time Killers.

its crappy but ina funny way . i like the dismembering and other wise it does blow its just fun memories from being 12 and playing it thinking it was graphically insane and gory lol

merlin
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
merlin wrote:
BloodStorm has got to be one of the worst fighting games I've ever played.

AND TRUST ME...
if Merlin says that, then it MUST be bad!! LOL

Ninja

LOL Hey I've got very good taste in fighting games Ninja! I'm always willing to give games a proper try even if people dismiss them as being crap. Sometimes they turn out to be a lot better than people claim e.g. Ragnagard. If you haven't already tried Time Killers and BloodStorm you should give them a try and let us know what you think. A bit off topic but here are some BloodStorm matches I found.

YouTube Video

LIFE_IN_2D
HAHAHAHAHA! These games look so terrible. I admit that I've never played them before, but, boy does the gameplay look shitty and animation more choppy than Lizzie Borden!

Looks like these games would be fun for a couple hours of EXTREMELY drunken gaming, not much else. Maybe I'll try and look for these games on MAME, for a good laugh.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 17. June 2010 15:31
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

vanilla8282
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA! These games look so terrible. I admit that I've never played them before, but, boy does the gameplay look shitty and animation more choppy than Lizzie Borden!

Looks like these games would be fun for a couple hours of EXTREMELY drunken gaming, not much else. Maybe I'll try and look for these games on MAME, for a good laugh.

definatly party it up then go game it up i mean it is worth the twenty minutes your gonna invest into it playing and downloading it lol have fun . i always try to win with as few body parts atached to me as possible...

1983parrothead
I haven't got to play these, yet. Time Killers being one of the first (if not the first) weapon-based, modern-fighting game after the success of Capcom's SFII was its merit; however, Allumer's Blandia (sequel to the 1986 Gladiator arcade published by Taito) was also released sometimes in 1992, and while some websites say that Time Killers was released in November 1992, then Blandia was most likely released one or more months before Time Killers. Think of it like the Dice Game seen on The Price is Right.

Before Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer (by Technos Japan), Rabbit (by EA and Aorn) and both Mega Man fighting games (Power Battle and MM2: The Power Fighters) all allowed players to take something used by their opponents they defeated and use against their later opponents, BloodStorm had a feature like this. Although Konami's Martial Champion was the first to allow players to fight against their opponents with their opponents' weapons they disarmed them from, that's different. That can only be done against some weapon-using opponents, and after they are defeated, you can't take their weapons with you to fight against later opponents with.

BloodStorm was rated a couple of times in this clip from the British television show GamesMaster ( embedding disabled, sorry:( ) :

http://www.youtub...vMVp85Ajcg
Edited by 1983parrothead on 15. December 2010 06:04

Jump to Forum: