Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 2640
Thread Info
There are 24 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 9675 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bandai WonderSwan
reelmojo
I, personally, have given thought myself to the incorporation of GPS into modern gaming. As both GPS technology, gaming tech and networking capabilities enhance with each generation, I still fantasise about a Test Drive Unlimited style racing game that actually uses GPS technology to generate surroundings based on real world environments on the fly as "you" drive through them, thus using "virtual" GPS locators for players based on where they are in game. Obviously, the game takes the GPS info and renders it, on the fly, in it's own game engine, based on the information it receives. It would still be a fantasy environment, just based on actual road/street layouts.

Similar technology could be used for all manner of gaming genres tbh...
This racing game needs to happen! I would seriously play the crap out of that.

Probably getting a bit too far off topic here, but I've also wondered why no one has made a scrolling shooter using images generated by Google Earth. Imagine saving the world in a shoot'em up while flying over your own house!

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:

Thanks!

I'll see if I can assemble a decent development team. Get this show on the road... Wink
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

DarakuTenshi
reelmojo wrote:

I, personally, have given thought myself to the incorporation of GPS into modern gaming. As both GPS technology, gaming tech and networking capabilities enhance with each generation, I still fantasise about a Test Drive Unlimited style racing game that actually uses GPS technology to generate surroundings based on real world environments on the fly as "you" drive through them, thus using "virtual" GPS locators for players based on where they are in game. Obviously, the game takes the GPS info and renders it, on the fly, in it's own game engine, based on the information it receives. It would still be a fantasy environment, just based on actual road/street layouts.

Similar technology could be used for all manner of gaming genres tbh...

Probably getting a bit too far off topic here, but I've also wondered why no one has made a scrolling shooter using images generated by Google Earth. Imagine saving the world in a shoot'em up while flying over your own house!

That would be cool

merlin
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

Nice collection Merlin Smile

I did some "recon" concerning some of the titles you own via YouTube. On the whole, I think you have a solid collection. Of the titles you own, here is what I would most definitely play:

Buffers Evolution
Ghouls N Ghosts
Crazy Climber
Ultraman
MegaMan & Forte
Wonder Classic
GG Petit
One Piece SC
Ultimate Muscle… game

Yeah. Most of it really. I understand why you have those Squaresoft titles amongst what you own, but, I would never bother with those personally.

Never fancied any of the Densha De Go's and, on the whole, I'm just not a fan of Golden Axe... plus, that looks to be an annoyingly broken port, regardless of the faithful visuals etc.

Yes... the system becomes more tempting by the moment Pfft

Thanks Ninja Smile Glad you approve of my little collection. I think you should buy a WonderSwan yourself! I'm sure you would really enjoy some of the games. Although I still think Golden Axe is a good port it can be frustrating that the enemies always seem to be right next to you and it's hard to put even a small distance between you and them. Densha de Go seemed like an interesting idea for a game but does seem rather unexciting so far!

That GPS add-on would have been really cool. I like the sound of your GPS racing game idea Ninja!

I picked up a few WS games in Akihabara recently: Ganso JaJaMaru-kun, Mr Driller, Rainbow Islands and Tane wo Maku Tori. They are all CIB, in great condition and were quite cheap. Mr Driller was only 600 Yen (about £3.50)!! I've been really enjoying Rainbow Islands in particular. Always loved playing the NES version and although the lack of colour is disappointing the classic gameplay is as fun as ever. Tane wo Maku Tori is a nice puzzle game in which you guide raindrops so they fall onto a seed which then grows into a flower. The cool thing about this game is that it comes with a miniature illustrated storybook.

To be honest I hadn't played on my WonderSwan for quite a long time. It was Reelmojo saying he had bought one and reviving this thread that got me interested again.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/IMG_05752_zpsdfd4b283.jpg

Jump to Forum: