Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Murikov
Thread ID: 2627
Thread Info
There are 24 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5360 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hi from Switzerland
Murikov
First of all ... Hi folks. images.mslugdb.com/sprites/walter/002.gif

Just want to join this nice club too. People just call me Murikov; actually its just a nick I gave myself (and kept it until today) when I was about 10 or 11 years old playing Red Alert 2 on PC... Yeah yeah, actually the whole thing started with my PC respectively with Earthworm Jim 2 (which still is a great game for me) and several C&C titles. At these times I never had a lot contact with console nor arcade games (and arcade cabs are pretty rare in my neighbourhood). I even hated Fighting games and Beat em' Ups. But as fan of epic Anime series as Hokuto no Ken or DBZ (still adore these two), I always had a good feeling with Japanese media or games etc.

But of course, someday I had to broad my Gaming horizon and so, by pure coincidence, I came in contact with Metal Slug on a MVS cab during my holidays in Costa Rica... That was the point where the real shit began; I mean, it just blew my mind! Later I began to play it on the Emulator with buddies (thanks NeoRageX) and after that, I just wanted to see more of this incredible kind of detail, fast action and pure fun (I'm pretty sure all of you know what I mean). I continued my rush by buying the MS and the KoF Anthologies for my PSP. Hell, I had good times with 'em (also by playing them over AdHoc with my elder brother).

And then, two months ago, I took my golden decision: Finally to get a AES system - of course directly from Japan. Right now, I am a proud owner of a JAP AES with Unibios 2.3 installed, a RGB cable, Memory Card and a bunch of (freshly bought) Fighting Games. Hooray.

img690.imageshack.us/img690/9651/asdfly.jpg

Anyway, I'm glad to join you.
Edited by priest on 21. May 2010 07:32

LIFE_IN_2D
Let me be the first to welcome you to our forums! What game is in the center (I cant see coz the glare)? Pretty foxy AES you got there!Joe Hope to see you around.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

bojan4o
well nice to see a newcomer now and then so welcome and enjoy your stay would be nice to hear what are your fav games on the system
Edited by bojan4o on 20. May 2010 23:17
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Murikov
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Let me be the first to welcome you to our forums! What game is in the center (I cant see coz the glare)? Pretty foxy AES you got there!Joe Hope to see you around.

Oh yeah, thanks for your observation and welcome. The one in the center is Fatal Fury 3. As I bought it, the cartridge itself was still wrapped. It almost hurt to open and play it. Real Sad But thats what it is for in my opinion! Terry

NeoGeoNinja
WELCOME MURIKOV...

nice selection of games there. KOF 95 is my personal fave from your selection... it's pretty much my fave KOF ever (alongside 03).

Look forward to seeing you round the forums...

Later.

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

bojan4o
so you didnt said what do you like the most until now?
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

NeoStrayCat
Welcome Murikov to NGFL, Please enjoy your stay.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
priest
Hey Murikov and welcome to NGFL. That´s a nice setup you´ve got there. See you in the forum...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
merlin
Welcome to the forums Murikov. I hope you enjoy your time here. Smile Very nice set up you've got there and some great games to start your collection off. Samurai Shodown is probably my favourite one out of those. A classic that belongs in every Neo Geo collection.

Will
Welcome to NeoGeoForLife Murikov. Feel free to browse around the website and give your reviews on the various games.Wink

By the way, I also have played and experienced well in the Metal Slug series and Command and Conquer Red Alert games too.
Edited by Will on 21. May 2010 13:41

Basashi King
looks like a great setup! my pick of your games would be samurai shodown or kof 94.

welcome aboard!

STE C
Hi Murikov great start with your collection hope you stick around its a friendly site here.

Murikov
bojan4o wrote:
well nice to see a newcomer now and then so welcome and enjoy your stay would be nice to hear what are your fav games on the system

bojan4o wrote:

Sorry, I had to get up early the next day...

On the system itself I've got a lot of favorited titles.
Personally I like most MS2 (I personally prefer it to X), KoF '94 & '98, GMotW, Shock Troopers 1, Puzzle Bobble 2, Windjammers, Neo Bomberman and SS IV. I think there are some more, but these are the games that first came into my mind.

From my current collection I like KoF '94 (of course) and AoF 1 most (I really prefer it to the hilarious hard sequel). For me FF3 is pretty cool too. But in my opinion, its no match to the RBFF series.

bojan4o
Murikov wrote:
bojan4o wrote:

bojan4o wrote:

Sorry, I had to get up early the next day...

On the system itself I've got a lot of favorited titles.
Personally I like most MS2 (I personally prefer it to X), KoF '94 & '98, GMotW, Shock Troopers 1, Puzzle Bobble 2, Windjammers, Neo Bomberman and SS IV. I think there are some more, but these are the games that first came into my mind.

From my current collection I like KoF '94 (of course) and AoF 1 most (I really prefer it to the hilarious hard sequel). For me FF3 is pretty cool too. But in my opinion, its no match to the RBFF series.

yes i do too prefer ms 2 over x but they are both great games too windjammers is a great game (have emul? wanna play it online?) ok honestly i play and like all snk games cuz they are great greater than capcom games in any way but nice fav non the less all neo-geo games are great you should try them on the original hardware as you have it

Murikov
bojan4o wrote:
yes i do too prefer ms 2 over x but they are both great games too windjammers is a great game (have emul? wanna play it online?) ok honestly i play and like all snk games cuz they are great greater than capcom games in any way but nice fav non the less all neo-geo games are great you should try them on the original hardware as you have it

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head; its a lot more exciting playing it right on the AES/MVS. IMO every NG game has its good side, even such fails like Super Spy (just my opinion, other ppl love this one). And there are only a few Capcom games that really satisfy me, for example SFA3: Max for the PSP.
And as emu I use Kawaks 1.6 with Kaillera 0.9 included - actually I never had the experience to play online. But it would be nice for a try!
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

LIFE_IN_2D
Murikov wrote:
Yeah, you hit the nail on the head; its a lot more exciting playing it right on the AES/MVS. IMO every NG game has its good side, even such fails like Super Spy (just my opinion, other ppl love this one). And there are only a few Capcom games that really satisfy me, for example SFA3: Max for the PSP.
And as emu I use Kawaks 1.6 with Kaillera 0.9 included - actually I never had the experience to play online. But it would be nice for a try!

I prefer metal slug 2 over X as well. Mainly because I like the mummy stage in 2 wayyyyy better, I thought the mummy dogs in X sucked bawls, I WANT HUMAN MUMMIES! Also I enjoy the bosses and weapons placements better.

Murikov, If you want some online Kaillera game play, come to our "Sunday chat session", every Sunday. We usually get some nice head-to-head versus matches going on Kawaks (we use version 1.59). Sometimes we also get some awesome MAME 4P co-op action, these are wonderfull ways to bond ( Pfft ) with fellow site members. It's a blast. Hope to see you there.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 22. May 2010 16:54

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Murikov
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Murikov, If you want some online Kaillera game play, come to our "Sunday chat session", every Sunday. We usually get some nice head-to-head versus matches going on Kawaks (we use version 1.59). Sometimes we also get some awesome MAME 4P co-op action, these are wonderfull ways to bond ( Pfft ) with fellow site members. It's a blast. Hope to see you there.

That would be a real burner, especially the co-op matches. Maybe I'll come around tomorrow to this chat session; if I have some time of course.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

RiKo
Welcome to NG4L Murikov, nice AES and games you have . i really love Command and Conquer 1, it was even good on Playstation Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Murikov
RiKo wrote:
Welcome to NG4L Murikov, nice AES and games you have . i really love Command and Conquer 1, it was even good on Playstation Smile

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

Yeah, for me "Tiberium Dawn" is still the best part of the series. After EA bought Westwood, the later sequels just got worse and worse...
Back in time I played a lot of other stuff too (hell it was so much). And not to forget; my beloved Gameboy! My brother had a 100 in 1 games cartridge and it even had Real Bout Special on it (which was also officialy sold)! I remember my brother playing as Billy Kane then; but at this time I was about 7 years old or somethin' so its hard to remember... And also the cartridge was lost back in time.

Recently, after a long time looking for it, I found a rom of the game and it really isn't bad (it even has Iori Yagami as special character in it). Too bad, it only was released in Japan...
Edited by Murikov on 22. May 2010 23:42
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

LIFE_IN_2D
Murikov wrote:

Recently, after a long time looking for it, I found a rom of the game and it really isn't bad (it even has Iori Yagami as special character in it). Too bad, it only was released in Japan...

Ummmm wot?!?! Was this a hacked rom? I've never heard of such a thing.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jump to Forum: