Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: GeeseTheDuck
Thread ID: 2557
Thread Info
There are 6 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1840 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
How Unbalanced is the original SamSho V?
GeeseTheDuck
Truth to be told, SamSho V on the ps2 was my first experience with the SamSho series
(if you haven't noticed, I'm more of KOF kind of guy).
So I've been wondering,
I've heard that this game is really (as in REALLY) unbalanced,
is this true? and how much more balanced is the Special version in comparison?
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 29. April 2010 20:41
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
Black Shroud
SS5sp is the most balanced game in series (and possible one of most balanced fighting games ever made). SS5 counts as unbalanced, with Yoshitora being absolute God Tier and having easy infinite with spammable qcf+B (especially with "d+B(1hit)~qcf+B" repeats in the back), Yunfei also deserves a mention because he has quadruple flights AND wall jump, which means he effectively fly around unharmed until the round ends. Sub-bosses (playable in PS2 version) are pretty broken as well. Then theres also Poppy who defies few gameplay laws (and one of SS5 tourneys in japan was won by Poppy player); also Hanzo and Galford reprise their "Shadow Dimension" bug tech from SS4 which allows them to become invincible (and for Hanzo, that period of time is unlimited). State of Nothingness gameplay mechanic is somewhat unbalanced as well, because its slow-mo state is way too long, and is an overpowering factor. There may be more stuff to it which I dont know, since this is the SS game I played the least. Generally no one played it competitively since SS5sp was released.
Edited by Black Shroud on 29. April 2010 22:25
i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/Viscelon/sign1lesser.gif

spirits.kaillera.ru
bojan4o
Black Shroud wrote:
SS5sp is the most balanced game in series (and possible one of most balanced fighting games ever made). SS5 counts as unbalanced, with Yoshitora being absolute God Tier and having easy infinite with spammable qcf+B (especially with "d+B(1hit)~qcf+B" repeats in the back), Yunfei also deserves a mention because he has quadruple flights AND wall jump, which means he effectively fly around unharmed until the round ends. Sub-bosses (playable in PS2 version) are pretty broken as well. Then theres also Poppy who defies few gameplay laws (and one of SS5 tourneys in japan was won by Poppy player); also Hanzo and Galford reprise their "Shadow Dimension" bug tech from SS4 which allows them to become invincible (and for Hanzo, that period of time is unlimited). State of Nothingness gameplay mechanic is somewhat unbalanced as well, because its slow-mo state is way too long, and is an overpowering factor. There may be more stuff to it which I dont know, since this is the SS game I played the least. Generally no one played it competitively since SS5sp was released.

i am actually playing ss5 a lot more from ss5sp
Edited by bojan4o on 29. April 2010 23:07
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

NeoStrayCat
To Black Shroud

The Sub-Bosses are also playable on the Xbox Version too (and on Emu's too, although Gaoh is only accesable using Kawaks and a special use of the notepad, on topic though), other then that, I agree on what Shroud means, Yoshitora Spam, Aerial Yunfei, and other stuff, and what kinda makes it also unbalanced a bit is that 5/SP is also one of the Easiest SS games to finish, unlike the other titles, which requires a lot of notions and being predictable to certain attacks.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Keita-Kata
Mina is broken in SS5! Stupid bow and arrow spammin. Angry
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

Black Shroud
Well I dont recall much Mina differences from SS5 to SS5sp, I only think she had a bit better defence in SS5. SS5sp Mina isnt considered broken (as any other character in that game), its just you should use not-so-usual tactics against her. Some characters can kill her in 2 hits because she has the lowest defence level in SS series (kinda like SFIII3S Akuma).

I agree though that as a character she is definitely one of obstacles new players must overcome as they advance, because for them she will be harder to defeat than other characters.
Edited by Black Shroud on 08. May 2010 21:30
i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/Viscelon/sign1lesser.gif

spirits.kaillera.ru
Jump to Forum: