Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: GeeseTheDuck
Thread ID: 2553
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2852 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
The King of The King of Fighters!
'94 '94 0%[0 Votes]
'95 '95 14%[1 Vote]
'96 '96 14%[1 Vote]
'97 '97 0%[0 Votes]
'98 '98 29%[2 Votes]
'99 '99 0%[0 Votes]
2000 2000 14%[1 Vote]
2001 2001 0%[0 Votes]
2002 2002 0%[0 Votes]
2003 2003 0%[0 Votes]
XI XI 0%[0 Votes]
XII XII 0%[0 Votes]
Neowave Neowave 0%[0 Votes]
'98 Ultimate Match '98 Ultimate Match 14%[1 Vote]
2002 Unlimited Match 2002 Unlimited Match 14%[1 Vote]
Maximum Impact Maximum Impact 0%[0 Votes]
Maximum Impact 2 Maximum Impact 2 0%[0 Votes]
Maximum Impact Regulation A Maximum Impact Regulation A 0%[0 Votes]
'94 Rebout '94 Rebout 0%[0 Votes]
'99 Evolution '99 Evolution 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 7
 Print Thread
Favorite KOF
GeeseTheDuck
This has probably been done already, but hey! at least i get an excuse
to share my two cents about my favorite.

That being:
YouTube Video

That's right! The King of Fighters: "Strikers up the ass!" 2000!

Why? let's see...
The roster is big and not all that unbalanced for a KOF.
The stages are a bit on the murky side (kinda have a factory like feel to it)
and the music is great (Goodbye Esaka is a great example) with somewhat jazzy undertones which i think blends nicely with the stages to create an unique atmosphere for this KOF (though i guess that wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea).
As i think any long time SNK fan would agree on, th striker system is just
nostalgia overload! so i can forgive it for being somewhat abusive.
And lastly, it has cool yet easy to access secrets (Kula and the maniac strikers).

So that's my favorite game and reason for why i love it in a nut-shell, what about you?
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 28. April 2010 17:03
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
NeoGeoNinja
NEVER AN EASY DECISION...
but I can honestly say that (strictly NEO speaking) KOF 95 is my all-time fave KOF! KOF 03 is runner-up... with KOF 99 in third. All 3 of these have their own characteristics and are so dramatically different. I think that's why I love them so much!

AFTER THAT...
I think that the BEST KOF ever made, so far, would either have to be 02UM or XI... they're both great BUT very different. 98UM is very good also, but definitely loses out to 02UM overall. These are difficult to classify really, as their outside the Neo's lifespan and are (really) vast improvements over whats been before... 02UM especially! I'm not saying that they shouldn't be included... it's just that I'd easily say that these updates (02UM/98UM) totally make the originals obsolete... imo.

So yeah... 95 > 03 > 99 for me Thumbs Up
Two opposite ends of the scale I guess...

Ninja

(p.s. you have to understand though, I love ALL 2D KOFs)
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
KOF 2002 shits on them all. Okay, maybe it does not shit on them, but to be honest it's the only KOF I still play.

I was NEVER a fan of the "Strikers" thing, 02 got rid of this entirely--thank God. Cast wise it's the best, IMO. One reason I really can't stand '98 is because of the sports team, they are f*cking lame, waste of space IMO.

The music is, pretty good IMO, as it borrows from various other years. The move set for most characters are awesome. One thing I kinda hate about 2002 is that Takuma sucks bawls in it, if they would have kept a KOF 2001 Takuma move set, this game would be perfect for me.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Will
KOF 96' has always been my favourite. Simply because:

-It has many colourful scenes and backgrounds
-It introduces the Orochi
-There are more bosses
-The referee's voice is American female
-You could choose to fight as a boss if you wanted to

It's a pity they stopped naming the nationalities of the teams from now in the KOF franchise. Iori, Mature and Vice I assume are the USA team, since the two ladies replaced Eiji and Billy Kane. As for Mr. Big, Geese Howard and Wolfgang Krauser, I would call them the Germany Team since that's Krauser's nationality. Sometimes I wonder what the Italy/Bogard Team and the Mexico/Sakazaki team are doing in the same location. If there was a completely different stage for Terry and his mates, well obviously that would have been a better game.

As for the other KOF games, although I prefer 96', I can always pick and choose my favourite bits and pieces from them, like new fighters, new scenes and new music tracks. I have never played after KOF 2001, so I still have some catching up with other KOF players and reviewers.
Edited by Will on 28. April 2010 05:42

STE C
It has been done before but I think its always worth revisiting every now and again as we have new members and opinions change over time. Very interesting choice for your fave Geese, kof00 is a game I have played little of, but along with 2001 I have never really warmed to them. I saw 2002 as a big improvement.

Its very hard to say but my fave is the fans fave which is 98. I just find it the most enjoyable to play it just feels like the best version but like Ninja KOF03 comes very close with 95 3rd. In fact 95 despite its age gives any fighter a run for its money and was a massive improvement over 04.

As said before all games whilst similar are different enough to warrant ownership of all. For the record I reallly like 02 nearly as much as the others mentioned. This is getting silly but below is a list of the KOF games I play on a regular basis and despite the rest being good I dont feel the need to play them as these ones fulfill all my needs.

Edited by STE C on 28. April 2010 12:43

bojan4o
well for me there is not kof fav they all are my fav like samurai showdown fatal fury and every other games for the neo-geo (and i am not like does guys who say that they are fans of the neo-geo for example those fictional fans who think that they are fans of the samurai showdown series and they say that the only samsho they will play is samsho 2 and that is forever )
sorry for the confused sentence
so geese you should create an adittional poll and will say all kof games thats for me
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

GeeseTheDuck
But that wouldn't make a good poll if people could just chose everything.

NeoStrayCat
Well, I picked '98 UM, although an update to 2 versions of it orginal 98/DreamMatch, It's simply good in some aspects, let alone that this is KOF '94-'97 all in one package as 99-'02 original for '02UM.

Other then that, there should be more KOF titles or changes to the poll, you forgot XIII, its a good one at best, plus '94 Rebout, '99 Evolution and the Neo-Geo Pocket/Gameboy Versions of KOF.
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 28. April 2010 16:40
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
GeeseTheDuck
How can i add XIII when it isn't even out yet?
'94 rebout and '99 evolution i forgot, thanks for reminding me.
I sorta doubt anyone would prefer the Handheld KOFs
over any of the main games (I'll add them if someone do).
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 28. April 2010 17:06

Keita-Kata
This is going a hard decision to chose between KOF 98 and KOF XI. I have to chose KOF 98, because it's simply he best KOF game in the KOF series, the game is really balanced. I also love KOF XI as well, I like the dreamcancel, it does alot damage, and the multi-shift. And yes B.Jenet of cousre. Her first appearance in the KOF series.
Edited by Keita-Kata on 28. April 2010 19:32
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

lee gray
I like kof 94 the best and use to hate kof2000 but now kof2000 is my second best

Jump to Forum: