Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: 1983parrothead
Thread ID: 2536
Thread Info
There are 9 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3180 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hi there.
1983parrothead
Who am I?

My username here is 1983parrothead, but I'm sometimes called "parrothead1983" or simply "Parrothead". My username is based on my only brother I had in my family, who was born in 1983 and became a Jimmy Buffet fan around the late '90s, shortly before he accidentally passed away crashing our father's BMW against a fixed object (which are some bricks that decorate a driveway) in 1999.

You might remember seeing me in some other forums like Starmen.Net, Kirby's Rainbow Resort, MUGEN Fighters Guild, MUGEN Infantry, RetroJunk, SmashBoards, Sega-16 and NinDB, as well as a contributor at Wikipedia, Know Your Meme and YouTube. Some people dislike me like MezaseMaster and Xe-A-Thoul from RetroJunk think that I am an "elitist bastard", but I'm not trying to be like that. Some people like FryGuy64 from NinDB like me because I am serious and I'm like someone who hunts for pieces of lost history and brings from and hand-full to a semi truckload of them. When I told FryGuy64 about the ones who spread hatred over me, he said:

Some people get angry about things and think everyone should share those opinions, and many people are easily-led. Sad fact of life.

He also said:

I guess what they mean is that you find something interesting, do all the research yourself, and then post it, rather than leaving your comments open-ended for discussion. You come across as knowing what you're talking about, but at the same time not giving anybody else the chance to contribute.

In other words, you talk like a website rather than a forum poster Grin

I'll be honest, Parrothead - it may bother some people, but I find the information you provide to be infinitely helpful (as it means I don't have to go researching what you say) and it's always well-researched and informative.

I am mostly a fan of the company Nintendo. I'm not sure if this is also okay to tell this, but I am a mid-functioning Aspie. I'm like Temple Grandin, except Asperger's syndrome is weaker than what she has, autism.

History/Interests

When I was very young, I used to jump in the bandwagons of several popular stuff, but shortly after them, I became bored of the most popular things about them and focused on the lesser-known, but good ones. I was even bothered by some of my favorite stuff that weren't very popular not being brought back. Every time I see some popular stuff in stores like Wal*Mart, and if I don't feel like looking at them, I begin to dislike them more. Although, there are some popular things I shouldn't miss out on, some of them may have some very harsh people, while they can cause my parents to fuss at me. Whenever I see some lesser-known, but good stuff being brought back after they haven't been used in a long period of time, I feel happy about them.

In simplified words, some popular stuff are good, but I prefer lesser-known, but good stuff more. If I see anything becoming extinct and forgotten by nearly everyone, it makes me think of the overrated Sephiroth doing his evil laugh.

One of my favorite things is cross-overs. When I read about the N64 Super Smash Bros. in a Nintendo Power issue, I saw Ness from MOTHER 2/SNES EarthBound, and I was like "I remember seeing him in a GamePro magazine, but I thought his origin was just another video game." I joined Starmen.Net forums to learn about the MOTHER/EarthBound series, but then I slowly began to encounter some people that laughed and spoke harshly at me.

I began to lose some of my interest in the MOTHER/EarthBound franchise and later left and went to JoshCube's Smash Brothers Online forum (now offline) to contribute some ideas mainly about protagonists of Nintendo's lesser-known video games. I later encountered a friend their name Johans' Nidorino, a Pokemon fan from Guatemala who was so nice to me, he liked me a lot, because he said that I am very serious, and we share some interests with each other. Shortly before JoshCube prevented all members from using the forum, I moved to SmashBoards to share my ideas there. I also joined the Nintendo Database forum and shared my research about Nintendo's history with the website's founder, FryGuy64.

After a certain amount of time playing the N64 SSB and SSBM very well, I went to a local game store titled Black Box (now out of business) and I saw a SSBM pro gamer there who often likes doing the infamous glitches many know, like "wavedashing", "dancing" and the "No items (because they are like cheating), Fox only (cause he's both, fast and hard to control), Final Destination (because it's the flattest stage with no platforms)." I never could win a battle, but I made him lose a couple of lives. This caused me to change from a pro gamer to a "Research Gamer". When I looked up some games on Wikipedia, some of their articles were poorly written, while most people focused on the most popular video games. My parents forced me to decrease my playtime with them and wanted me to increase my productivity with more important stuff. I thought this hobby would also help me learn new words in order to improve my social skills.

When Super Smash Bros. Brawl was released, it didn't turn out as good as I thought it would, but I got over it some, while I also started gaining some interest in the fighting game engine, M.U.G.E.N. I first saw it at RetroJunk several years ago before the annoying MezaseMaster and Xe-A-Thoul registered there, and I was shocked about it, because it allows you to even create cross-overs that most likely wouldn't happen due to certain reasons like copyright nightmares.

Currently, I still enjoy M.U.G.E.N (I mostly use its "Watch" mode), while I'm working on some articles about some Japanese Internet memes at Know Your Meme with the help from some members. I also help gameads.gamepressure.com find some video game commercials.

Other Interests

Besides video games and M.U.G.E.N, I'm also interested in chickens, because I was raised in a chicken ranch with my mother and I saw some with different, unusual looks. Me and my brother enjoyed raising them. Today, I live with my father, and I accidentally got him interested in them, because of their good looks and their healthy, colored eggs. Like Temple Grandin, who understands how cows act, I can understand what chickens say and do. I also like turkeys, because my brother is like one. Fast (because he ran cross-country), smart (turkeys are smart, especially wild ones), and funny (because he gobbled and made some of his classmates laugh. He even made a crying girl laugh). Along with that, some people gave me a wild and a domestic turkey as pets, without me requesting them. I also like riding on an Electra Townie bicycle.

Why am I here?

I'm beginning to gain interest in fighting games, because it is one of my favorite genres. The Neo-Geo has several fighting games, but I have never played a single Neo-Geo arcade nor console before; however, I have downloaded and played the first Fatal Fury, and it's pretty tough to play through, because it has some of the same feel as the 1987 Street Fighter (I only downloaded and played its TurboGrafx-CD port, Fighting Street). In fact, they were both designed by Takashi Nishiyama and Hiroshi Matsumoto.

I came here to share with you my research with some fighting games and video game developers.

What are my favorite video games?

For the Neo-Geo, I haven't played any other Neo-Geo game other than the first Fatal Fury, but I will pretty soon.

For SNK related ones, the only pre-Neo-Geo SNK arcade games I played are Vanguard 1, Vanguard II and Touchdown Fever. For ADK, only Gang Wars, but I've also played the SNES version of World Heroes 1 back when I was younger.

For others, most of them were developed and/or published by Nintendo. These are:

* The Legendary Starfy series
* Tomato Adventure
* Card Hero series
* StarTropics series
* Punch-Out!! arcades and SNES Super Punch-Out!!
* Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (lit. "For the Frog the Bell Tolls"Wink
* Balloon Kid/Balloon Fight GB
* Joy Mech Fight

They may or may not be my favorites, because I haven't been playing them much, due to being a Research Gamer, who often researches about them more than playing them.

Hope this helps you understand who I am.
Edited by 1983parrothead on 25. April 2010 04:21

merlin
Welcome to the forum Parrothead. Smile Good to see you here and it's nice to have got to know you through Youtube. Wow that was a very detailed introduction! Thanks for taking the time to tell everyone a bit about yourself.

One thing you didn't mention about yourself is all the work you do editing gaming related wikipedia pages. I imagine you must have put a huge amount of time into that and it's a very worthwhile thing to do.

You mentioned you hadn't played many Neo Geo games. I hope you'll check a few more out and it'll be interesting to hear what you think of them. I'm sure you would love Breakers. Have you not tried the Metal Slug games before?
Edited by merlin on 24. April 2010 16:16

bojan4o
The Neo-Geo has several fighting games,

well i think that half of the games that are for the neo-geo are fighting games but welcome to this forum you will enjoy it believe me Thumbs Up
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

priest
W O W!!! Thats some introduction postSmile

Welcome aboard, 1983Parrothead. I hope to see you in the forums...
Edited by priest on 24. April 2010 19:33
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
IDCHAPPY
As priest said that's some intro lol, welcome to the friendliest neo geo forum around Smile

NeoGeoNinja
HEY PARROTHEAD...
nice to have you with us all here at NGFL!

It must (being a fan of fighting games) be quite exciting having such an amazing library of fighters to experience - that you have not yet played. I assure you that the Neo Geo will not leave you disappointed! Now, as for the prices... *cough*

I look forward to seeing around the forums...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

OHA
Hello there and welcome to NeoGeoForLife. Enjoy your stay here and be sure to check up some of the features of the forum and you might hook up later on the site >.<
i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/ccsbd/happiness.jpg

http://bloomingdays.frozen-wings.net/
1983parrothead
I appreciate all of your greetings, everyone.

Here is something quite interesting to know about Asperger's syndrome, which shows several well-known people that are diagnosed (or show signs of it without being diagnosed) with it:

http://asperger-s...people.htm

merlin wrote:
Welcome to the forum Parrothead. Smile Good to see you here and it's nice to have got to know you through Youtube. Wow that was a very detailed introduction! Thanks for taking the time to tell everyone a bit about yourself.

One thing you didn't mention about yourself is all the work you do editing gaming related wikipedia pages. I imagine you must have put a huge amount of time into that and it's a very worthwhile thing to do.

You mentioned you hadn't played many Neo Geo games. I hope you'll check a few more out and it'll be interesting to hear what you think of them. I'm sure you would love Breakers. Have you not tried the Metal Slug games before?

I thought I posted that fact, but I appreciate you for mentioning that, as well as greeting me, merlin. My interest in creating and updating Wikipedia articles must of been influenced by my interest in collecting and assembling a room full of Lego models when I was younger.

AngelaAsakura
Hello and welcome! Grin
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
Jump to Forum: