Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoStrayCat
Thread ID: 2527
Thread Info
There are 22 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 22180 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
SNK Boss Syndrome (SBS)
NeoStrayCat
(Note: If there was a Topic like this already, please show it and I'll remove this one)

I wonder why no one has made a topic like this, yet. But safe to assume that we all had our fare share of ass-kickings on KoF, SamSho, AoF, and even the Garou/FF series as one example, Cheap-ass Bosses! Which plagues the title of the topic mentioned. And this taken a page at the SNK Wiki that shows symptoms.

* has moves with priority and damage significantly higher than any other character in the game
* perfectly counters the player's attacks with precision timing (sometimes referred to as "MK walking" )
* is immune to the dizzy state
* never falls for a counter move
* can follow up every counter hit with a combo on reaction
* has unavoidable moves that hit the player no matter his position and can only be blocked
* can only be beaten with one pattern or overpowered move performed repeatedly

This syndrome is often looked down upon as a cheap and lazy way of adding difficulty, by putting unfair disadvantages in the way instead of focusing on coding the AI. Most, if not all of the bosses in SNK games have been accused of this behavior, sometimes rightly so.

pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/7/13/633515877695962659-SNK-Boss-Syndrome.jpg

So tell me, who do you hate fighting the most for a final boss in an SNK/Neo-Geo Game(s).

My answer will come up soon. I need you opinions first.
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 23. April 2010 14:19
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
LIFE_IN_2D
I'm pretty sure this topic has been done before, In one way or another.

Anyways, probably the worse boss I've ever went up against is Igniz from KOF 2001. Yeah I know, 2001 is a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE KOF game --- but I enjoyed watching Igniz work. The guy has to have some of the most powerful and cheapest moves, even by SNK boss standards. Another cheap ass mother-f*cker was Magaki, but I've actually beat him a couple of times. I never beat Igniz.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

GeeseTheDuck
Goenitz, not because he's the hardest or cheapest,
just because i really, REALLY hate his mother quacking tornados with a passion!
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 23. April 2010 15:53
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
NeoStrayCat
GeeseTheDuck wrote:
Goenitz, not because he's the hardest or cheapest,
just because i really, REALLY hate his mother quacking tornados with a passion!

Hah, you said Quack, OK, for me, I really hate Rugal in KoF '94, cause he's a cheap-ass, almost no way to beat him with real skill, the rest of the Bosses in KoF I can beat them with almost little to no problem. In other games, It varies.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
GeeseTheDuck
The Stray wrote:
Hah, you said Quack,

Gotta take some advantage of my nonsensical username.
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
NeoGeoNinja
WOW...
now this is one helluva question! Hmmm... basically, out of all the cheap-ass son of a bitch SNK bosses, which do I have the most problems with Hmm

I'D HAVE TO SAY...
either ShinShiShiOh from Kizuna Encounter (Super M*therF*cker!) or Rugal from 98 & 02... ya know, the sick version - with GCutter into Rhouse & Somersault! Hate that guy...

I'd also have to agree: KOF '94 Rugal is also a real bitch! Infact, not sure if I've even stuck him out to finish the game Shock

To be fair... this list could be pretty endless...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

merlin
For me one of the toughest SNK bosses to beat would have to be Geese in AOF2. I can barely get any hits on him before he's won the round! Also Mizuki has always caused me a lot of problems and for me is the toughest boss out of the MVS SS games. Although SNK boss syndrome can be pretty frustrating at times I kind of enjoy the challenge and if you persevere you'll eventually succeed. I used to find King Leo in Savage Reign impossible but I've beaten him quite a few times now.

One thing that I always remember was in Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer. I had scored some hits on the final boss Ogha and had a full lifebar. He then did that low blue flashing punch special move which was the start of a combo which dizzyed me. Then while I was dizzy he comboed me again so effectively took my whole lifebar!
Edited by merlin on 23. April 2010 17:36

Black Shroud
Golba is the easiest example of boss syndrome. A character without flashy (or any) special moves, with extended attack range, speed, and attack power x3 compared to your character.
i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/Viscelon/sign1lesser.gif

spirits.kaillera.ru
bojan4o
http://boards.ign...562234/p1/
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

peiper
I really hate Magaki...if there's any tips on how to beat him please let me know..

cthulhu
To be honest, I've beaten most Bosses, but there are a few that I've not beaten yet...especially Dio from World Heroes 2. In AOF2 I can't even reach the Boss (haven't played the game a lot).

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
ShinShiShiOh from Kizuna Encounter (Super M*therF*cker!).

Personally I don't have any problems in beating him...Jyazu, the guy that comes after him is a lot worse...be sure to dodge/roll at the right times.

Another one of the worst Bosses for me is Johann from Rage of the Dragons...best way to beat him is to resort to being ultra cheap yourself (tagging a lot during his attacks worked pretty good for me).

Finally Makaitaitei Fernandeath from Waku Waku 7 is not that hard at easy, but at higher difficulty settings he becomes a real nightmare.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

bojan4o
SNK WIKI:
Characters listed below often demonstrate this behavior.

* Geese Howard
* Nightmare Geese
* Wolfgang Krauser
* Rugal Bernstein
* Omega Rugal
* God Rugal
* Goenitz
* Orochi
* Krizalid
* Zero (Clone)
* Igniz
* Mukai
* Adelheid Bernstein
* Magaki
* Jyazu
* Shiro Tokisada Amakusa
* Aku Amakusa
* Mizuki Rashojin
* Zankuro Minazuki
* Gaoh
* Demon Gaoh
* Yuga the Destroyer
* Oboro
* Kouryu
* Johann
* Princess Sissy

so do you think they left some one out?
Edited by bojan4o on 24. April 2010 13:41
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

bojan4o
well here are some of the snk bosses(mostly kof ones)
bojan4o attached the following images:
5495_144365480409_770240409_3360610_2616560_n.jpg 6610_125895186359_544106359_2967133_6944072_n.jpg 6610_125895206359_544106359_2967136_8120079_n.jpg n544106359_834684_6966.jpg n544106359_834691_5728.jpg

Edited by bojan4o on 24. April 2010 13:40

bojan4o
ok actually i like snk bosses well its called a boss with a reason he is faster than you stronger and have all those special moves and beating him is supposed to be hard fine example magaki rugal mukai geese Princess Sissy and many more and not like all those bosses who you beat up with just few attacks fine example that boss from 3rd strike you know sf

lee gray
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
I'm pretty sure this topic has been done before, In one way or another.

Anyways, probably the worse boss I've ever went up against is Igniz from KOF 2001. Yeah I know, 2001 is a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE KOF game --- but I enjoyed watching Igniz work. The guy has to have some of the most powerful and cheapest moves, even by SNK boss standards. Another cheap ass mother-f*cker was Magaki, but I've actually beat him a couple of times. I never beat Igniz.

I agree about Igniz even when against him on low level life hes damn hard

1983parrothead
I still haven't beat Fatal Fury 1. The farthest I have gotten was against Raiden. But I can tell that Geese Howard is so tough, I heard some people consider him to be one of the toughest.

For the toughest boss I fought against recently was Dantel in Sammy's Survival Arts, especially when I just want to first beat him with Viper. His AI is pretty smart and his most annoying move is his telekinesis throw, which he controls you the same way Mewtwo did to Ash Ketchum in the first Pokemon movie.

The toughest boss I can think of (even if I didn't play the game he/she/it is from) is General from Kaiser Knuckle/Global Champion/Dan-Ku-Ga. He frequently teleports, shoots unstoppable projectiles shaped like himself (some are three-way shots), slide kicks and does two grab moves:

|1.| Grabs and slams you to the floor.
|2.| Presses your chest hard with his boot while laughing.

Here is a video on Nico Nico Douga that shows him on VERY HARD (you must have an account there in order to view it):

http://www.nicovi.../sm1041574
Edited by 1983parrothead on 30. April 2010 06:33

lee gray
1983parrothead wrote:
I still haven't beat Fatal Fury 1. The farthest I have gotten was against Raiden. But I can tell that Geese Howard is so tough, I heard some people consider him to be one of the toughest.

For the toughest boss I fought against recently was Dantel in Sammy's Survival Arts, especially when I just want to first beat him with Viper. His AI is pretty smart and his most annoying move is his telekinesis throw, which he controls you the same way Mewtwo did to Ash Ketchum in the first Pokemon movie.

The toughest boss I can think of (even if I didn't play the game he/she/it is from) is General from Kaiser Knuckle/Global Champion/Dan-Ku-Ga. He frequently teleports, shoots unstoppable projectiles shaped like himself (some are three-way shots), slide kicks and does two grab moves:

|1.| Grabs and slams you to the floor.
|2.| Presses your chest hard with his boot while laughing.

Here is a video on Nico Nico Douga that shows him on VERY HARD (you must have an account there in order to view it):

http://www.nicovi.../sm1041574

i find geese not too hard in FF1 if using Terry Bogard as if you time his burning knuckle right u can double perfect Geese, I think Billy is the hardest to beat in that game

1 boss i have never beaten was Johann from ROTD after about 20 attempts i gave up on him but that was a lot less attempts than i tried against Igniz even when i used the 3 quarter life setting, sometimes its just not worth the stress and better to just quit lol

STE C
Im surprised nobody has mentioned the final boss in Shock Trooper 2 , he is an absolute pig and takes ages to kill, the awful slowdown does not help too. I doubt anyone has completed that game with 1 cred I probably used about 30.

Keita-Kata
Igniz in KOF 2001. I hate this guy, he's so damn cheap, he has those infinte juggles. Goah in Samurai Shodown 5 is hard for me it took me like 12 tries to beat him.
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

Raiken
Bojan's sig reminded me of Shin Akuma and Mr. Karate from SVC. I hate both with a passionAnnoyed
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Jump to Forum: