Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Keita-Kata
Thread ID: 2511
Thread Info
There are 117 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 36837 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
RiKo
you cant expect Capcom to put everyone and everything in the game that should be, otherwise how would they make money from the next game? Wink

looking forward to trying this game, should be fun Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Kazuya_UK
Buying this over the weekend and can't wait, and my girlfriend is actually ridiculously excited about playing it. I'm just worried that she'll go nuts at be if I beat her on it, she still hasn't forgiven me for what happened last time we played Street Fighter! Grin

Funny side note... my friends wife is a huge Disney fan (as in she even loves High School Musical and pretty much anything Disney related!), much to the annoyance of her husband. Now that Disney owns Marvel she keeps telling him that seeing as he's the biggest Marvel nut you will ever meet, that it effectively makes him a bigger Disney whore than her. Pfft When I asked him earlier on if he had bought "Disney vs Capcom" yet for the 360, he was not too pleased. I think he may kill me if I keep saying it! LOL

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
hitorkori
got this on wends from shopto with comic but still sat sealed ! sticks out ready to play but dad cut short his 7 week holiday & had to be addmitted for hospital & emergency op :( so hopefully sunday il give it a bash !

no strider in it Angry
Edited by hitorkori on 19. February 2011 11:29

AngelaAsakura
AngelaAsakura wrote:
I don't really think I'll be buying this game. The roster doesn't catch my interest much. Though Jean is quite a nice inclusion. Plus, the Graphics just look strange to me. I dunno why. :/

^ Well, I have officially eaten my previous words there (except for my opinion about the graphics). Today, me, mom, dad, and my bro went to Best Buy and they had a demo of the XBox version up and running. So I decided it would be a great opportunity to try the game out and see if it was worth all the hype. My team consisted of Haggar, Wolverine, and The Phoenix. I did quite well except for dying thrice against the final boss. But wow, what freaking awesome gameplay and BGM! I'll definitely have to pick up a copy when I finally get a PS3 one of these centuries. Music
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
hitorkori
got round to giving this a blast last night beutiful colur sharp graphics & plays fast i love dante he is lethal with all those moves chris is good too !not to keen on wesker ? look forward to giving jill a bash on the 15th march. hulk iron man seam to have lost moves since 2 ? lots of spam attacks from a lot of characters in online mode thou but overall a nice solid game not quiteas good as sf4 but nice too see a new mvc game in 2011 !

snk vs capcom 3 anyonePray

Kazuya_UK
So far I am loving it, although I haven't had as much to play it as I would have liked. Only disappointed so far in the lack of game modes although I'm sure Capcom will provide us with more in MVC3 Super Edition, or a DLC that will cost money of course Wink

Capcom Vs SNK 3 would be amazing if done right... I still pray we'll see it in the not too distant future!

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
NeoGeoNinja
STRIDER AND FRANK WEST...
are rumoured to be coming to MVC3. There's pics leaked here and there.

Witness:

sfx-360.com/newsite/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Strider-n-Frank.jpg

FOR THOSE OF YOU...
who take NO issue and enjoy paying for this 'developed suspiciously a few weeks after the official release of the game' DLC bullshit, well... tuck in!

FOR THOSE OF YOU...
who complain about said issue but decide not to take a stand against such behaviour (i.e. boycott) and 'give in' and buy these 'extra' characters anyway? Well... tuck in!

FOR THOSE OF YOU...
you think that this is simply the 'will' of the current gen and that one should simply accept that this is now 'how things are'... Tell it to Tekken 6! The amount of characters that should have been in that game that I had to PAY for and download separately was obscene... oh. Oh. Never mind.

MVC3 Business model and ethics = unwholesome.
Capcom Global Manager of Digital Distribution = public hanging.

Regardless, tuck in... Roll Eyes

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

AngelaAsakura
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
STRIDER AND FRANK WEST...
are rumoured to be coming to MVC3. There's pics leaked here and there.

Witness:

sfx-360.com/newsite/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Strider-n-Frank.jpg

FOR THOSE OF YOU...
who take NO issue and enjoy paying for this 'developed suspiciously a few weeks after the official release of the game' DLC bullshit, well... tuck in!

FOR THOSE OF YOU...
who complain about said issue but decide not to take a stand against such behaviour (i.e. boycott) and 'give in' and buy these 'extra' characters anyway? Well... tuck in!

FOR THOSE OF YOU...
you think that this is simply the 'will' of the current gen and that one should simply accept that this is now 'how things are'... Tell it to Tekken 6! The amount of characters that should have been in that game that I had to PAY for and download separately was obscene... oh. Oh. Never mind.

MVC3 Business model and ethics = unwholesome.
Capcom Global Manager of Digital Distribution = public hanging.

Regardless, tuck in... Roll Eyes

Ninja

The concept of DLC characters sucks, in my opinion. Why don't they just make another game and put those characters in THAT one? Shrug
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
Keita-Kata
I'm on catch up mode.

Before the patch

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Now the patch

YouTube Video

i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

The eccentric cat
So did anyone get to try the game? I'm curious as to how it plays, netcode, etc. I'm not a big MvC fan, but so far I hear good things (herp derp balance), so I might consider getting it.
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

reelmojo
Man I'm suddenly very glad that I didn't jump in early on this one...

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Announcment.

Wondering when we'll learn who all 12 new characters are? How about right now?

Character roster leak.

Unlike other character roster leaks that one comes from the official website and is accompanied by artwork, so it's official. Who the hell is Rocket Raccoon? I can't believe they picked someone so obscure that I don't even know who they are!

Gameplay videos of officially announced new characters.

For those who don't want to click links...

Capcom Side:

Strider
Firebrand (aka Red Arremer)
Vergil
Frank West
Phoenix Wright
Nemesis

Marvel Side:

Ghost Rider
Dr. Strange
Nova
Rocket Raccoon
Hawkeye
Iron Fist

I assume doing a release like this is much cheaper than licensing Marvel characters on a per character basis for DLC. That same kind of licensing is why Guitar Hero and Rock Band are dying. So those of you who just want disc versions rather than DLC are totally in luck!

Bullet
It's scams like this that really sour me on gaming.

I remember fans begging for Phoenix Wright in TVC and them making up some bullshit that they couldn't do it.

Man, just release a game and then support it, you don't have to re release the same game every 12 months with extras. MVC3 got 2 dlc characters (that were on the disc) and 1 dlc costume pack. Now they are adding 12 characters, that probably should have been included in the first place, but now they have this business model and gamers keep buying into it.

Anyway...

Now that that is out of the way.

I like the characters they chose for the most part, but Vergil and Nemesis I could do without on the Capcom side. If I had to remove a Marvel character it would be Hawkeye as I assume he is basically going to play like Taskmaster, so lets waste a spot. Hurray lol
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

reelmojo
There were like a million versions of SFII within a few years too, so this is not a new thing. The fact that you mentioned TVC kinda reminds me though that it's disappointing that they never supported that game. Then again, I know that if I bought TVC now that it wouldn't be rendered obsolete within a month or two.

As far as the characters themselves, they originally said they wouldn't do Ghost Rider because they couldn't think of a good way to incorporate his motorcycle. I'm glad they said fuck it to that logic! And it's about time Dr. Strange made it in considering two of his villains (Shuma Gorrath and Dormammu) are already in. Having him in there though is a little like having Superman in a DC fighting game. He's way more powerful than everyone else considering that if he wanted to he could snap his fingers and the universe wouldn't exist anymore. Still, I'm a fan so it's cool to see him. Firebrand is a cool choice for fans of SVC Chaos. And I'm very pumped to see both Nemesis and Iron Fist.

Still miffed that Daredevil and Moon Knight didn't make the cut though.

Also, no Megaman characters? And Capcom just cancelled MM Legends 3? I'm noticing a pattern here. They say it has nothing to do with Inafune leaving, but I don't believe that for a second.

And one last thing that I didn't point out in my original post. It's going to retail for $40. Gamestop's preorder page says it comes with new costumes for Chun Li, Storm, X-23, and Morrigan. While there's no pictures, it sounds like Morrigan's is based on what she looks like when she masquerades as a human. Awesome!

EDIT: Pics of the new alt costumes. Props to whoever's decision it was to bring back Cyber Akuma.
Edited by reelmojo on 21. July 2011 06:32

GeeseTheDuck
Weren't we promised proper DLC support for the original?
... two characters? oh well...
I think the way they handled SSFIVAE was a good way of doing it,
giving the DLC update for the ones who got the original,
and the downpriced retail version for the rest.

I'm glad to see Hawkeye in,
he was always one of my favorite avengers
(now, how 'bout giving him a Bullseye alternate costume?)!
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 21. July 2011 11:47
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
NeoGeoNinja
OMG!!!

I had NO idea that Strider Hiryu, all along, has in fact been...

shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/umvc3newageofheroes.jpg

Jin Kazama Grin

static.zerochan.net/full/37/33/329187.jpg

I guess, the pre-hair dye and mask threw me off all along,like a Ninja!

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 21. July 2011 18:14
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

slangman
To call the latest update of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 "Ultimate" seems a tad misleading. Especially when charactors like Bison, Venom,Juggernaut and Mega Man etc, are still missing. Needs more characters IMO.

I love how Capcom are trying avoid Mega Man nowadays. As if they don't want anything more to do with him.:(
Edited by slangman on 21. July 2011 17:52
i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/slangman2000/terry5.gif

GeeseTheDuck
As much as i don't want to admit it,
it kinda seems true at this point.
Heck, they're not just getting rid of the Blue Bomber,
the 'it's the fans' fault for not wanting MML3' thing makes it seem like they're trying to get the fans out of the way as well.
Makes me really appreciate SNKP's 'we're only trying to appeal to our current small fanbase' mindset (don't remember where that article is, somewhere on SRK)
even if it may as well be what made them drop out so badly.
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 21. July 2011 21:55
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
Jump to Forum: