Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 25
Thread Info
There are 8 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3390 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Anyone still play the LYNX
candycab
Recently I had Blue Lightning given to me for the LYNX and its somewhat renewed interest in the console for me.

Fun game ... much better than the Jaguar Toilet edition [ CD ] and once again Blasting droves of Eye-Balls in Gates of Zendicon is a blast for 20 minutes at a time.

Xenophobe will always be a reason enough to keep the LYNX, that and Xybots ... Definitly the best versions of either this side of the arcade, except maybe for the Midway Emulated versions fror the PS2 Wink

Still I think they are 2 of the best games ever to appear on an handheld machine.

Anyone else still playing ?
Edited by candycab on 25. November 2006 01:09

phry
I don't have a Lynx now - but Gates of Zendocon was cool.

I used to play the piss-poor conversion of Xybots on the c64 loads - I did not know much better at the time. The PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures emulation of it was pretty cool though - but then I got hooked on NARC Grin
Edited by phry on 30. November 2006 22:48

Circa2113
I actually owned a lynx up until about a month ago. It just wasn't getting any playtime at all...My two favorite games were electrocop and warbirds. Smile

Kazuya_UK
I never owned one, but a friend did and I used to play Electrocop and one or two other games I can't quite remember properly now.

As for Xybots, I used to have the Amstrad CPC version, never played it on the Lynx though. I did like the CPC version back then, but it probably wasn't a good conversion in hindsight. Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
cthulhu
I still have a Lynx (I bought it in 1990) and play Lynx games. regularly. Some of my favourite games are Lemmings, Battlewheels, Rampage. The Lynx has always been my favourite games console.
Edited by cthulhu on 17. January 2007 19:03
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

candycab
cthulhu wrote:
I still have a Lynx (I bought it in 1990) and play Lynx games. regularly. Some of my favourite games are Lemmings, Battlewheels, Rampage. The Lynx has always been my favourite games console.

I too bought my first one back in 1990, sadly it died back around 95 or so bye drowning in a hottub :(

Since then Ive aquired 2 LYNX II units and they suck ass compared to the origional LYNX, the D-Pad is pretty bad on the 2nd one.

I really do need to buy another first gen model, still LYNX II is better than no LYNX but in much shorter doses than the origional.

cthulhu
My girlfriend has a Lynx II, but when I compare it to my Lynx I, I have to say that I prefer my own Lynx. The Lynx I first of all looks better than the second one, also it has a better joypad and it fits better in my hands, for me it's one of the most comfortable holding handhelds ever...it's a shame Atari dropped the Lynx to fully concentrate on the Jaguar.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Sundance
I pulled my Lynx II out a couple of months ago. A friend and I do this thing every other weekend or so, called 'Game On'. We meet up at our mutual friends Anime Store and bring our choice of systems, games, accessories, etc. and just game. We even get together about a week prior and do a poster for it on Adobe Photoshop. We just pick a them(for example: Shmups, Fighters, Racing games,etc) and bring what we have. We don't bring every system. We just pick the top 2 or 3 w/ the most games to offer and then play for about 3 hrs. Other friends show up and occasional wanders through the store. We want to share gaming w/ others but it generally ends up just being a good exuse to get together and game on!

Long story short, or is it too late,... we did Handhelds one weekend and i pulled out the Lynx II. It didn't take long to get reaquainted w/ it and it was neat to see one of my friends take a liking to it especially. The reason being becuase i could hit the flip button and allow him to play Lefthanded. It def was a uniques system in its day and one i won't ever sell. Warbirds and Robotron 2084 were my favs.

Jump to Forum: