Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoStrayCat
Thread ID: 2486
Thread Info
There are 28 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 14704 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Metal Slug 5 Discussion
NeoGeoNinja
The Stray wrote:
Hey Guys, does this strike you as odd that in my first post as what I meant.

www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/mudman-ngbstance.gif www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/mudman-stand-12.gif i39.tinypic.com/3g31h.gif

IT IS...
a good likeness, however, I genuinely think it's coincidental.

Also, I find it amusing how Mudman is such a tool! LOL

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Will
It had not occurred to me Mudman had a resemblence to those tribesmen, since he is from New Guinea and they are from Central Africa. Mudman certainly shows more fighting talent than those spear throwing tribesmen.

NeoStrayCat
Will wrote:
It had not occurred to me Mudman had a resemblence to those tribesmen, since he is from New Guinea and they are from Central Africa. Mudman certainly shows more fighting talent than those spear throwing tribesmen.

It appears so, but I just put them up for Comparison. Pfft
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
HexElf
It's a great game in it's own right, but still the worst in the main series for me. That being said, all the Metal Slugs have something unique about them and this one is no different. There's the slide which opens up new options, all of the enemy sprites are new or at least edited just for this game and there's also the secret boss fight with an actual Metal Slug.

Other than that however the game fails to capitalize on the story that it starts building at the start of the game - then suddenly abandons and neglects until the very end - and quickly becomes a little too much about fighting groups of armored enemies rather than armies of weak ones.

The graphics are amazing even for the Neo Geo but somehow manages to
look a bit pre-rendered in many places as opposed to the hand drawn style in the previous installments. The enemies are supposed to be part of a secret organization that is so secret it doesn't even have an official logo, but this also makes them come off as a bit anonymous to look at.

All in all, it's a great shooter. It just lacks the kind of polish that the other Metal Slug games got.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Jak
Of the SNKP era of Metal Slug games, this is probably the best one. It feels different, it has some new sprites, the two hidden paths are pretty cool, the stand out is the part where you fight an enemy Metal Slug in the first level. Then there's the Slug-Mecha which is awesome. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. It was a little rushed, but still a very good run 'n gun game, and easily the best of the SNKP era.

I'd love to see a director's cut with the extra bosses, more paths, new end boss, deleting the slide and/or assigning it to the D button. Perhaps it should be called Metal Slug XXX? Get it? http://www.youtub...i-cT58rgNc

If you want my opinion on Metal Slug 6 see the Metal Slug Complete (PC) thread. Now 7 on the DS I thought was all right. On retrospect I'd probably rank it lower then 5 and 6 because there's no multiplayer and there's slowdown. Other than that Metal Slug 7 was pretty decent, had some nice variety, and I liked the boss fights. I'd love to play Metal Slug XX (director's cut of 7) http://www.youtub...RZGkIWUX5Y which has cleaned up sprites, hopefully no slowdown, Leona as a playable character (probably DLC) and some more paths to take.

malignantpoodle
On the front page linking to this thread;

"Again, made by Mega Enterprises"

No. Noise Factory and Playmore did it. Mega had nothing to do with this one.

NeoGeoNinja
malignantpoodle wrote:
...Mega had nothing to do with this one.

Thank GOD! Pray

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

NEO-GEO man
Ok, i have to ask, whats the go with the poll options on some of these? Very limited options!!!

I love this game and own it on AES, but its not my favourite game, does that mean pick no? What is the "maybe" for? is this for those that like it but its not the best or is it for those who cant make up their mind?

Jump to Forum: