Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: NeoStrayCat
Thread ID: 2486
Thread Info
There are 28 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 11506 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Is Metal Slug 5 Your Favorate Game
Yes Yes 29%[5 Votes]
Maybe Maybe 35%[6 Votes]
No No 18%[3 Votes]
Never Played It Never Played It 18%[3 Votes]
Total Votes : 17
 Print Thread
Metal Slug 5 Discussion
NeoStrayCat
Welcome to another Game of the Week! (=^_^=)

Metal Slug 5 is yet another sequel to 4, but with some changes and Morden/Allen are AWOL.

Metal Slug 5

neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/ms5insert.jpg

Genre: Side Scrolling Shooter
Players: 2
Size: 708 Megs
Released on: MVS, AES, Xbox, Wii, PSP, and PS2

Brief Description:

Metal Slug 5 is brought to you by SNK Playmore, and the 5th one is just as much frail as it did the originals, but anyway, the Original Cast is back (Trevor and Nadia were only in 4.), and they're on a mission to stop the Ptolemaic Army that stole secrets about the Metal Slug and adapted them into their Vechiles, although this game is highly different, cause the Morden Soldiers have been replaced by some others with (if you set the Blood settings to Red/White) Soldiers with Red/White Bandannas and ones with Gas Masks. But you start in a jungle with Natives that kinda look like Mudman (from World Heroes), as you fight them, there you'll see that they've adapted their machines and others, after the 1st Mission is over, you watch a small cutscene in which the Native Leader finds and wears a mask in which Lightning zaps through him and the rest of the story is revealed in the game. Also note that this game only and exclusively implements the Slide, by pressing down and B. And this was a rushed product too, Since it was to Include 2 Extra Bosses, but due to Time Constraints, a Demon with a Scythe is a Final Boss.

Screenshots:

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/game_review_pics/reviews108a_small.jpg www.neogeoforlife.com/images/game_review_pics/reviews107a_small.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/game_review_pics/reviews105a_small.jpg www.neogeoforlife.com/images/game_review_pics/reviews106a_small.jpg

Reviews:

Metal Slug 5 reviews by Kazuya_UK and Raiken

http://www.neogeo...page_id=79

http://www.neogeo...age_id=232

Videos:

YouTube Video

Highscore Challenge:

http://www.neogeo...ad_id=2494

Good luck~Nya (=^_^=)

Past GOTW Discussions:

#1 Magician Lord -->

#2 Nam 1975 -->

#3 Pulstar -->

#4 Baseball Stars Professional -->

#5 Blues Journey -->

#6 Fatal Fury -->

#7 Shock Troopers -->

#8 Sengoku -->

#9 Ninja Commando -->

#10 Ninja Master's -->

#11 Crystalis -->

#12 Thrash Rally -->

#13 Art of Fighting -->

#14 Waku Waku 7 -->

#15 Andro Dunos -->

#16 KOF '94 -->

#17 Nightmare on the Dark -->

#17 Twinkle Star Sprites -->

#18 Zupapa -->

#19 SNK Vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium -->

#20 The Last Blade -->

#21 Crossed Swords -->

#22 Cyber Lip -->

#23 Samurai Shodown -->

#24 King of the Monsters -->

#25 The King of Fighters '95 -->

#26 Fatal Fury 2 -->

#27 Aero Fighters 2 -->

#28 Neo Bomberman -->

#29 Metal Slug -->

#30 Kabuki Klash -->

#31 Breakers/Breakers Revenge -->

#32 Mutation Nation -->

#33 Blazing Star -->

#34 World Heroes -->

#35 King of Fighters '96 -->

#36 Neo Drift Out -->

#37 Magical Drop 2 -->

#38 Top Hunter -->

#39 Savage Reign -->

#40 Metal Slug 2/X -->

#41 Alpha Mission 2 -->

#42 Aggresors of Dark Kombat -->

#43 Art of Fighting 2 -->

#44 Super Sidekicks -->

#45 Sengoku 2 -->

#46 Metal Slug 3 -->

#47 Burning Fight -->

#48 Money Puzzle Exchanger -->

#49 Panic Bomber: Bomberman -->

#50 King of Monsters 2 -->

#51 Samurai Shodown 2 -->

#52 World Heroes 2 -->

#53 Last Resort -->

#54 Rage of the Dragons -->

#55 Leauge Bowling

#56 Metal Slug 4 -->

#57 Legend of Sucess Joe -->

#58 Puzzle Bobble -->

#59 Pochi and Nyaa -->

#60 Robo Army -->

#61 Captain Tomaday -->
NeoStrayCat attached the following image:
ms5insert.jpg

Edited by NeoStrayCat on 19. April 2010 04:41
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
The eccentric cat
o.o

I was going to post Game of the Week this week...
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

NeoStrayCat
The eccentric cat wrote:
o.o

I was going to post Game of the Week this week...

Which Game, I forgot to revive the Suggestion Thread, or this "Stray" was being Sneaky! Grin
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 09. April 2010 18:11

The eccentric cat
It was going to be Cat's choice, actually ;D (haven't done that in a while lol)

NeoStrayCat
The eccentric cat wrote:
It was going to be Cat's choice, actually ;D (haven't done that in a while lol)

Yeah, Try a SNK Arcade Classic (Like Ikari or Psycho Soldier) for the next one. Or something that you would mind to Post.

Will
Throughout the Metal Slug franchise I have always been battling Morden's men. But now that Metal Slug 5 is here, I feel like a break from Morden. The storyline and cutscenes didn't quite make sense to me. I wondered what has a large demon with a scythe got any connection with advanced weapons and mechs.

The music in that game certainly has a big heavy metal theme in it, especially the Stage 5 Area 2 track called "Last Ditch Resistance" my all time favourite. There is a bit of change in the prisoners, because there's a new type. There doesn't seem to be as many splitting paths in that game as there were in its last two prequels. The new metal slug mech certainly beats the one from MS3, because despite its bulkiness, it can be faster, it can stab and it can double jump.

It would have been interesting if there were extras in the game showing cutscenes of what Morden was up to since his absence. Like he's recovering from the last defeating shock and hatching a brand new plan once more.

Once this Gotw is up, I don't think we'll stop there with Metal Slug anytime soon. Next on the long list will certainly be the Gameboy Advance Metal Slug or Metal Slug 6.

NeoStrayCat
Yep, MSA, 6 and 7/XX will come up as soon as its ready.

The eccentric cat
Those will have to wait a while, though. We still have to cover a lot of other NeoGeo games first before we get there. ^^;

NeoStrayCat
The eccentric cat wrote:
Those will have to wait a while, though. We still have to cover a lot of other NeoGeo games first before we get there. ^^;

Yeah, I know that, but can we put them up faster or something, Cause we Missed a lot of weeks before, so we need to make those up soon. But I guess that's not gonna happen now V_V.
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 09. April 2010 18:53

LIFE_IN_2D
Why such a rush on posting GoTWs? There is only a limited amount of NeoGeo games. When you run out of them, are you just going to start over again?
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 09. April 2010 21:14
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoStrayCat
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Why such a rush on posting GoTWs? There is only a limited amount of NeoGeo games. When you run out of them, are you just going to start over again?

Nope, well maybe, things have been hectic since your absence, and a possiblility of making up those weeks (if possible), well get back on the right track.

The eccentric cat
I don't think its possible to make up past GotWs, its still only one game per week. Also, I highly doubt we'll run out of GotWs, we're not just posting NeoGeo games. ^^;

NeoStrayCat
The eccentric cat wrote:
I don't think its possible to make up past GotWs, its still only one game per week. Also, I highly doubt we'll run out of GotWs, we're not just posting NeoGeo games. ^^;

Aww, Nuts! But hey, We don't live forever, We've got to finish sometime!

Keita-Kata
Meatl Slug 5 is a good game, but my favorite Metal Slug game is Metal Slug 2 and X. Metal Slug 5 still worth playing to me. I like playing Eri and Fio.
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

STE C
YES YES YES I adore this game it is currently my fave MS and I have really been looking forward to this as a GOTW.

To me it feels closer to the 1st game than any other slug, albeit slightly more polished than 1 but no better or no worse. I know it had a story at some point that got lost, I know it has a lot of beta graphics that look great which exist in the code, and with a little more time and effort I reckon it would also be a lot of other peoples fave slug.

I dont actually agree that the game feels rushed as the polish and quality of the levels make up for the abandoned story which actually looks like it could have been pretty interesting. For me the pacing is spot on , not to long not to short ( a bit like 1) and excluding some bits from 3 I reckon 5 has the most appealing/impressive graphics of the series. Whilst not used to its potential I really like the slide thing as well.

The spider crawler whilst we only get a quick blast in it is great fun, I dont wanna go to deep into the game because it is not a deep game , I know slug devotes will dissect parts of it but I have no interest in doing that. It is good old arcade thrill fun and my fave slug * there that's me getting into a complex argument* if anyone wants to comment fair enough but that's all you are getting from me.

This along with Shock Troopers is the most expensive MVS cart I have bought *55 I think it was* but worth every penny and then some. I believe the PS2 standalone version is spot on ( and costs pennies) as well as the Japan anthology ( thanks Ninja for your knowledge) but avoid the xbox version that comes on a pack with 4 as it stinks , same with UK anthology . So no excuse for anybody not to own this game.

I really hope this GOTW gets a good response as I am very passionate about it.

Oh did I mention ITS MY FAVORITE SLUG.
Edited by STE C on 10. April 2010 13:43

NeoStrayCat
Yep, as all of them are fave's to me, no shortage of action, just pure comical mayhem! Grin

merlin
Another excellent installment in the Slug series. I do enjoy the game a lot although ultimately I prefer MS1,2,X,3 myself. The spider slug is a very cool addition to the series and one of my favourite slugs. I really like the look of that first stage when you're travelling by boat down the river. It looks great. It's been a while since I've played this one so I need to play it again soon.
Edited by merlin on 10. April 2010 16:19

gudrummer
Never played it, AES version has a steep price, unfortunately.... i need to buy an MVS converter for my AES sometime soon....

Wonderboy
I'm weary of anything after Playmore ownership. Glimpsing at the Youtube video, it seems to have a pseudo-Vietnam era vibe, which could be interesting.

Edit: after viewing the video, it seems to have some weird Mayan, supernatural theme. Kav's rating seems appropriate. I adore the first few Metal Slugs, but, like the character Morden, the series as a whole seems to have outworn its welcome.[/Old man rant]
Edited by Wonderboy on 12. April 2010 22:27

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
NeoStrayCat
Hey Guys, does this strike you as odd that in my first post as what I meant.

www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/mudman-ngbstance.gif www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/mudman-stand-12.gif i39.tinypic.com/3g31h.gif
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 12. April 2010 23:18

Jump to Forum: