Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoStrayCat
Thread ID: 2479
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Kaillera - Online Gaming
AngelaAsakura
merlin wrote:
I'm looking forward to next Sunday's session. Anyone got any ideas of what they want to play? Only a suggestion but how about either Arabian Magic or Metamorphic Force?

How about Captain America and the Avengers or G.I. Joe? Metamorphic Force sounds good too, though.

EDIT: Um, wait a second. Now that I think about it, didn't we already try to go 4P at G.I. Joe once and found out that it was only 2P? In that case, never mind that one...
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 09. September 2010 04:34
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
merlin
AngelaAsakura wrote:
How about Captain America and the Avengers or G.I. Joe? Metamorphic Force sounds good too, though.

EDIT: Um, wait a second. Now that I think about it, didn't we already try to go 4P at G.I. Joe once and found out that it was only 2P? In that case, never mind that one...

I'd be down for playing Captain America. Sounds good. Never actually got around to trying that one before. Yes you're right unfortunately GI Joe doesn't work with more than 2 players on 119. I think it does work with 4 players on a newer emulator though so we could try that in the future.

AngelaAsakura
merlin wrote:
GI Joe doesn't work with more than 2 players on 119. I think it does work with 4 players on a newer emulator though so we could try that in the future.

Yes, I think that that would be a great idea.

Okay! So, Captain America it is! Unless someone else also has some suggestions for another game? Hmm
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 09. September 2010 23:39

LIFE_IN_2D
Ummmmmm neither really seems appealing. I'll go with the flow on this one.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

LIFE_IN_2D
Over the past week I had a few various games with Angela, Merlin and Tobalman. I forgot to post, but here it is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played both Guwange and Aero Fighters 2 with Angela. It was my first time playing Aero Fighters 2 and I actually enjoyed it a lot. We were a duo of the Ninja and the Dolphin (Spanky : p ). They were a very silly duo and their dialogue between the matches was simply hilarious. Guwange was, well... Guwange, weird as hell, intense. I am glad you liked it Angela, can we please play it again sometime?

I also played a little bit (it kept de-synching) of Arabian Fight with Merlin and Tobalman. AF really wasn't my cup of tea - at all- but it did have some good animations when supers were performed. We then moved onto Arabian Magic which was OK, not really great IMO. But it was worth a play. I really was impressed by the eagle boss.

Then me and Angie had a session of Zupapa! late last night. This game becomes very complicated with two 2P, because of the fact that you can accidentally "steal" Zooks from your partner. But we did pretty good, but boy,do I need some practice on 2P mode, I'm too used to playing 1P. Sorry for my suckyness, Angie, I had fun. Hope you liked the game.

Thanks to all for the games!

-2D

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

AngelaAsakura
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Guwange was, well... Guwange, weird as hell, intense. I am glad you liked it Angela, can we please play it again sometime?

I also played a little bit (it kept de-synching) of Arabian Fight with Merlin and Tobalman. AF really wasn't my cup of tea - at all- but it did have some good animations when supers were performed. We then moved onto Arabian Magic which was OK, not really great IMO. But it was worth a play. I really was impressed by the eagle boss.

Sure! I'd love to play Guwange again. It was an awesome game. Grin

Arabian Magic is awesome too. I've played it more times then I can count. Great soundtrack, too.
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 12. September 2010 19:31

shion
On Sunday, Merlin, Angie, 2-D and I did a 4P playthrough of Taito's Dungeon Magic. Dungeon Magic is an action-RPG released for the arcade in 1993. I've been wanting to do a 4P playthrough for ages, thanks guys.

As usual, everyone is welcomed to join us on Sunday afternoons/evenings. We use MAME32++ 0.119. Please PM me if you want to know where to download the EMU, or if you have any other questions about our sessions.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
merlin
Thanks for playing everyone. I had also been wanting to do a complete 4p playthrough of Dungeon Magic for a while now. Great game and with high replay value because of all the different routes. Afterwards 2D, Angela and myself did a playthrough of SOM again this time defeating all 4 dragons in one game. Still can't see myself getting bored of that game anytime soon.

The previous week 2D, Angela and myself played all the way through my favourite Konami beat 'em up Metamorphic Force. I really hope we can do this with 4 players one day.

Just to echo what Tobalman said everyone is welcome to take part and it'd be nice to see some new people getting involved.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/enemy38.gif

shion
This afternoon/evening Angie, Merlin and I did Got-cha and Knights of the Round. I really had fun doing Got-cha, and Knights of the Round was OK. The controls are a bit stiff, and the animation isn't as fluid as other, notable Capcom games, but this is just me being harsh on the game. Later, Angie, 2-D, Merlin and I did SOM (again). The guys graciously let me into their game in progress, although I was a part of the party when we began. Although I'm not a rabid Capcom fan, IMO, SOM is the best 2-D beat 'em up/hack 'n' slash Capcom has to offer: good controls and fluid animation. Capcom's style of action-RPG is not exactly to my taste, but I understand why others like it. Thanks for sticking around everyone, and thank you for helping me unzip it dude (inside joke, don't ask)!

Next week will be...?
Edited by shion on 04. October 2010 04:48

AngelaAsakura
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
Thanks for sticking around everyone, and thank you for helping me unzip it dude (inside joke, don't ask)!

Next week will be...?

Ditto! Thanks everybody for the great games! 'twas awesome! Grin

And I was thinking maybe Spiderman or X-Men for next week. Or does that not work? Any suggestions anyone? Hmm

LIFE_IN_2D
So unfortunately our Sunday Afternoon Kaillera gang has all but disbanded these last few weeks. With the absence of both the illustrious Tobalman and even our leader, Merlin (:( ) it just hasn't been the same.

But despite this, Angela and myself have tried to get together as much as possible and play games here and there.One game that I rather enjoyed was a silly, but extremely entertaining and well-made shooter named "Gunbird 2". I highly recommend it for any shoot 'em up fan. Of course Angela and myself have also played the staple "D&D:SOM", as a duet (unfortunately) a lot.

Last night, we actually had an awesome beat 'em up marathon Andy. It was a night of much gore and excessive brutality. Firstly we played "Night Slashers", one of my favorites. Then we moved onto the ever eccentric "Sengoku", it was a blast. Lastly we played my personal favorite beat 'em up of all time ; "Final Fight". It was actually Angie's first time playing with the powerhouse-beast known as Hagger, but she was head-butting, pile driving and suplexing baddies all over the freaking place ! VERY VERY awesome to play with you, Angie girly. Thumbs Up

So, Godspeed the return of both Tobalman and Merlin. If anybody else wants to join myself and Angie for a 3P or 4P session, please just drop me a PM. Cool
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 05. December 2010 19:57

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

shion
Illustrious? LOL Thanks, but I prefer to be thought of just as a regular NGFL'er who does his part in the community. Smile I've been attending the chats on and off for the past month. I do wish people were a bit more active in the weekly Kaillera sessions (as in there being a bigger pool of people to play with), but I've learned to work with what I've been given. I hope that makes sense I mean I just play with whoever is there. The servers are a great way to meet people!

LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
So unfortunately our Sunday Afternoon Kaillera gang has all but disbanded these last few weeks. With the absence of both the illustrious Tobalman and even our leader, Merlin (:( ) it just hasn't been the same.

But despite this, Angela and myself have tried to get together as much as possible and play games here and there.One game that I rather enjoyed was a silly, but extremely entertaining and well-made shooter named "Gunbird 2". I highly recommend it for any shoot 'em up fan. Of course Angela and myself have also played the staple "D&D:SOM", as a duet (unfortunately) a lot.

Last night, we actually had an awesome beat 'em up marathon Andy. It was a night of much gore and excessive brutality. Firstly we played "Night Slashers", one of my favorites. Then we moved onto the ever eccentric "Sengoku", it was a blast. Lastly we played my personal favorite beat 'em up of all time ; "Final Fight". It was actually Angie's first time playing with the powerhouse-beast known as Hagger, but she was head-butting, pile driving and suplexing baddies all over the freaking place ! VERY VERY awesome to play with you, Angie girly. Thumbs Up

So, Godspeed the return of both Tobalman and Merlin. If anybody else wants to join myself and Angie for a 3P or 4P session, please just drop me a PM. Cool

merlin
Sounds like you and Angela have had some great sessions on Kaillera recently 2D. Gunbird 2 is excellent I've got to agree with you there. It was great playing Shadow Over Mystara with you guys/gals again yesterday. I've missed our regular gaming sessions. Sorry about all the problems yesterday Angela and 2D my PC kept crashing and wouldn't boot up for ages. I had to use startup repair to fix it. Anyway it's working ok now and I'm looking forward to more Kaillera action next time. Headbang

LIFE_IN_2D
merlin wrote:
Sounds like you and Angela have had some great sessions on Kaillera recently 2D. Gunbird 2 is excellent I've got to agree with you there. It was great playing Shadow Over Mystara with you guys/gals again yesterday. I've missed our regular gaming sessions. Sorry about all the problems yesterday Angela and 2D my PC kept crashing and wouldn't boot up for ages. I had to use startup repair to fix it. Anyway it's working ok now and I'm looking forward to more Kaillera action next time. Headbang

Good too see you too are a fan of the silliness that is Gunbird 2. Don't feel bad about PC issues as I myself know what that's like. Glad to have you back, old buddy.

Oh yeah, I really want to finish that round of SOM, hopefully wee Angie still has the save state handy.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 07. December 2010 02:23

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

shion
I thought I was going to be able to show up to this Sunday's meeting, but something (again) came up. Sorry! Next time... :$

P.S. I just noticed the title of this topic has "Kaillera" misspelled. Can someone change that please?

AngelaAsakura
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Oh yeah, I really want to finish that round of SOM, hopefully wee Angie still has the save state handy.

I think I do. To be honest though, I actually don't even know how to check online save states. :X

shion
Well, I have been having technical problems playing on Kaillera. This is a bit embarrassing to admit, but it took almost three months for me to figure out the problem was with the West Wonderland server, and had nothing to do with my computer or Internet! For future reference, I can game perfectly on the new West Wonderland sister server: WW Mortal Kombat.

So, we have recently started to get into the routine. As far as I know, this Sunday was the first in months that we did something on Kaillera. Merlin, Angie and I tried to get a game of Warriors of Fate going, but we couldn't. Before that, though, Merlin and I did a playthrough of Gundhara, a very awesome game! That's about all to report for this weekend. I hope next weekend picks up?

boogiepop
Sorry I couldn't join in this past Sunday. I'll try and make an effort to next time.
Only one thing: do you guys only play beat em ups? Or do I just always pop in at the wrong time?
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

LIFE_IN_2D
Sorry I couldnt bring myself to play WOF.

Next time, I'll be looking forward to SOM. It's been awhile.

Yeah Boogie we generally play co-op games, not just beat 'em ups. Me and Merlin sometimes play VS. Only negative things is ; Merlin beats me unmercifully and laughs at/insults me.... forcing me to cut myself very deep.

Boogie, I'd play you some Breakers, but last time you beat my butt so bad that you got disgusted and quit.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
Good idea reviving this thread Tobal. I hope we can get some regular Kaillera action going on Sundays. I enjoyed the Gundhara playthrough yesterday. All Shock Troopers fans should give that game a try. We'll have to do Warriors of Fate soon.

Like 2D said Boogiepop we do sometimes play fighters too and also co-op games that aren't beat 'em ups. I have a feeling you would really enjoy 4 player Exvania. Let us know if there's anything you'd like to play.

LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Me and Merlin sometimes play VS. Only negative things is ; Merlin beats me unmercifully and laughs at/insults me.... forcing me to cut myself very deep.

LOL

I was just wondering if anyone here would be interested in taking part in an NGFL online
tournament. Boogiepop mentioned this idea in the shoutbox recently. We could even have a prize for the winner. Doesn't necassarily have to be a fighter even could be any Neo Geo VS game depending on what the majority wants. Anyone else interested in this idea?

Jump to Forum: