Username
Password

Remember?
Click here to register.
Forgot Your Password?
Search:
November 21 2017

Navigation
· Home
· Reviews
· Kazuya's Neo Top 10
· In Depth FAQ's
· Downloads
· Web Links
· News Categories
· Image Gallery
· Official Wallpapers
· Fan Made Wallpapers

· NGFL Site Projects

· Neo Geo - The Console
· Neo Geo Pocket Handheld
· Articles

· SNK Jukebox
· NGFL Arcade

· Discussion Forum
· Chatroom
· Latest Comments
· Xbox Live Leaderboard
· NGFL World Map

· Contact Me
· Site FAQ's
· Search Site

· Submit News
· Submit Link
· Submit Article
· Submit a Photo
· Submit Download

Random Review
Ghost Pilots

Users Online
· Guests Online: 7

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,345
· Newest Member: 4d

Last Seen Users
Supergrafx03:46:29
Murikov 1 day
merlin 2 days
green beret 3 days
NeoStrayCat 1 week
cthulhu 1 week
Sensi 1 week
rollinsonphilip 1 week
NeoGeoNinja 2 weeks
RiKo 2 weeks

Ad

Support Us!
Donate To Us!
Enter an amount to donate:
¤

Why Donate?

Game events
Latest scores
NeoStrayCat
scored 193 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 523 points in
Snow Bowling
Snow Bowling
Henke
scored 172 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 28725 points in
Heli Boarding
Heli Boarding

Latest champions
Henke
is the new champion in
Snow Bowling with 523 points
Snow Bowling
Henke
is the new champion in
Heli Boarding with 28725 points
Heli Boarding
Henke
is the new champion in
Donkey Kong with 24900 points
Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter


Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 2406
Thread Info
There are 72 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 12954 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Fatal Fury: NGFL High Score Challenge
NeoStrayCat
If you mean early N-G games with default difficulty, I dunno, also, not that it makes a difference rather. As MVS difficulty is the standard.

Also, Priest hasn't been on NGFL since 2/1/16, so...>.>
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
NEO-GEO man
NeoStrayCat wrote:

If you mean early N-G games with default difficulty, I dunno, also, not that it makes a difference rather. As MVS difficulty is the standard.

Also, Priest hasn't been on NGFL since 2/1/16, so...>.>

Well drag him back Wink
 
Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

priest wrote:

Hey Darkhuman

Read the HSC rules and use them as a guide:

"The rules:

* Play whichever version you like: NEO GEO AES / NEO GEO CD / NEO GEO MVS / MAME

* Difficulty: 4 / MVS Setting

* Lives: Default setting

* Credits: 1

* Multiple runs as training is of course allowed. Al
, Pausing or infinite lives are allowed
(or any other effect you can use .

I�m looking forward to seeing your HS, Good luck...

Priest, it should be noted that default difficulty level for this game is Level 5, same as on Nam 1975.


FATAL FURY default difficulty is level 4, not 5.

http://www.neogeo...erlist.asp
 
NEO-GEO man
No, Fatal Fury default difficulty is level 5. Play it on real hardware instead of an emulator and see for yourself.
 
Gemant
Fatal Fury is level 5 on bios Euro / US and level 4 in japanese version. Because Neo Master List is listed all for japanese version, is displayed as level 4. I play all games with japanese bios and sometimes there are differences with Euro / US version. Wolfmame is the same of real hardware indeed all pattern work.

I played for score in real hardware from 1992 until 2002. But from 2002 I play on emulator because I record my play.
 
NEO-GEO man
So there need now be a different score board for both Japan and Euro/US versions, as playing on a lower level is an obvious advantage.

You were the one that called bullshit on my Nam 1975 score which i achieved on real genuine hardware, with photo evidence thereof, and now here you are coming forward admitting you did your high score on a lower difficulty than the rest of us.

I dont see any relevance to the master list.
 
Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

So there need now be a different score board for both Japan and Euro/US versions, as playing on a lower level is an obvious advantage.

You were the one that called bullshit on my Nam 1975 score which i achieved on real genuine hardware, with photo evidence thereof, and now here you are coming forward admitting you did your high score on a lower difficulty than the rest of us.

I dont see any relevance to the master list.


I remember very well the problem about Nam-1975. And I explain very well the problem about 4 years ago. Your score in Nam-1975 was impossible. And the problem is not real hardware or emulator.

1.105.200 was impossible score because you had admitted was played with NO MISS. I've always thought that the correct score was 1.005.200. In this game not exist a special bonus if you complete the game with different level difficult, and extra bonus of 100.000 pts is not available. All secrets in Nam '75 are known asndf I already explain all (my explanation had helped Neoforever to obtain the new WR). Is very easy explain the score. 1.105.200 with NO MISS is mathematical impossible. And now you know, because Neoforever have established the max score possible. With NO MISS you can reach max 1.020.000 / 1.030.000 about. For any higher score is necessary sacrifice lives pattern in stage 5. Because at the time you didn't know the existence of this sacrifice pattern your score was impossible. So the only explanation is that you have a different set of this game, thing possible, because some neo geo games have more set with strong difference about revision.
 
Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

So there need now be a different score board for both Japan and Euro/US versions, as playing on a lower level is an obvious advantage.

You were the one that called bullshit on my Nam 1975 score which i achieved on real genuine hardware, with photo evidence thereof, and now here you are coming forward admitting you did your high score on a lower difficulty than the rest of us.


This isn't a news. The only way to collect high score in Neo Geo system and compare them is play on the same version. MVS only (not AES or CD because sometimes there are difference, mostly on CD because are a port games) and play in japanese hardware (no other version). Japanese version is the only really complete, other version are often cut, with less ending, less characters, less mode etc.
 
NEO-GEO man
Garbage, did you actually pull the game code apart and see what the max score was or shoot every single possible enemy etc??? How the hell would you know if it is mathmetically impossible?? Thats a joke.

I knew the patterns back in 1991 when i first got through the game.

If i remember rightly, i then came back with a score of again more than youre claiming to be possible...

Furthermore, i played Nam 1975 on NEO•CD last night, got 1,047,600 and i missed the first 2 bonus stages... Oh but that's impossible... Surely it must be because Gemant says so.
 
NEO-GEO man
CD versions are not ports.
 
Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

CD versions are not ports.


NEO GEO CD = port. All games are reprogrammed, indeed some games have strong difference with original MVS hardware (less megabit in graphics, less details, smaller characters). All peoples in neo geo community know about this from 1996/1997.
 
Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

Garbage, did you actually pull the game code apart and see what the max score was or shoot every single possible enemy etc??? How the hell would you know if it is mathmetically impossible?? Thats a joke.

I knew the patterns back in 1991 when i first got through the game.

If i remember rightly, i then came back with a score of again more than youre claiming to be possible...

Furthermore, i played Nam 1975 on NEO•CD last night, got 1,047,600 and i missed the first 2 bonus stages... Oh but that's impossible... Surely it must be because Gemant says so.


My knowledge about NAM-1975 is 100% and 10 years ago I knew every action to beat the WR in original MVS version. Indeed on Neo Geo Fans forum 4 years ago I explained everything to Neo Forever and he beat the WR with my strategy. I don't know all ports in neo geo CD version except some. So I can't say for sure if there are difference. But I can suggest you to record a complete replay with iphone and comparison with the old Neoforever video in youtube to understand where you win extra 100.000 points. I suggest you this already 4 years ago, but I never see a video from you.
 
NEO-GEO man
No mate, that is known to be the case on larger later games, but it is NOT the case on smaller games that fit into the console's RAM.

Nam 1975 is 100% IDENTICAL on NEO•CD as it is on any cart version, it is no different. Been playing it around 25 years now, played it though a few times with a good friend of mine just two weeks ago, CD, AES, MVS, 2 different home carts with different brand of original mask ROMs, and guess what??? THEYRE ALL IDENTICAL!!!!
 
NEO-GEO man
Gemant wrote:

NEO-GEO man wrote:

Garbage, did you actually pull the game code apart and see what the max score was or shoot every single possible enemy etc??? How the hell would you know if it is mathmetically impossible?? Thats a joke.

I knew the patterns back in 1991 when i first got through the game.

If i remember rightly, i then came back with a score of again more than youre claiming to be possible...

Furthermore, i played Nam 1975 on NEO•CD last night, got 1,047,600 and i missed the first 2 bonus stages... Oh but that's impossible... Surely it must be because Gemant says so.


My knowledge about NAM-1975 is 100% and 10 years ago I knew every action to beat the WR in original MVS version. Indeed on Neo Geo Fans forum 4 years ago I explained everything to Neo Forever and he beat the WR with my strategy. I don't know all ports in neo geo CD version except some. So I can't say for sure if there are difference. But I can suggest you to record a complete replay with iphone and comparison with the old Neoforever video in youtube to understand where you win extra 100.000 points. I suggest you this already 4 years ago, but I never see a video from you.


Funny that, ive not seen one from you either! You can see clearly i used genuine hardware, and there is no way to manipulate the CD version, there are no options.

Those other scores i did using a home cart console, and no UniBIOS installed back then.
 
Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

Funny that, ive not seen one from you either! You can see clearly i used genuine hardware, and there is no way to manipulate the CD version, there are no options.

Those other scores i did using a home cart console, and no UniBIOS installed back then.


I played Nam last time 10 years ago. When there are doubts about gameplay... no problem. I made a video. You sustain a score impossible to achieve with NO MISS, so up to you to prove its authenticity with a complete video.
 
Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

No mate, that is known to be the case on larger later games, but it is NOT the case on smaller games that fit into the console's RAM.

Nam 1975 is 100% IDENTICAL on NEO•CD as it is on any cart version, it is no different. Been playing it around 25 years now, played it though a few times with a good friend of mine just two weeks ago, CD, AES, MVS, 2 different home carts with different brand of original mask ROMs, and guess what??? THEYRE ALL IDENTICAL!!!!


I'm famous because I written many documents about neo geo games, so is impossible you can win in a discussion with me. I know many differences.

The King of Fighters '94 have difference for exemple, in stage USA. Find a pin bill on the right of the scrren. In CD the animation of this bill is freeze. In MVS flashes. It's only ad exemple.
 
NEO-GEO man
In your opinion i did, however it was repeated again quite quickly without using your barrels method.

How do you propose i cheated to obtain that score on real hardware?
 
NEO-GEO man
Gemant wrote:

NEO-GEO man wrote:

No mate, that is known to be the case on larger later games, but it is NOT the case on smaller games that fit into the console's RAM.

Nam 1975 is 100% IDENTICAL on NEO•CD as it is on any cart version, it is no different. Been playing it around 25 years now, played it though a few times with a good friend of mine just two weeks ago, CD, AES, MVS, 2 different home carts with different brand of original mask ROMs, and guess what??? THEYRE ALL IDENTICAL!!!!


I'm famous because I written many documents about neo geo games, so is impossible you can win in a discussion with me. I know many differences.

The King of Fighters '94 have difference for exemple, in stage USA. Find a pin bill on the right of the scrren. In CD the animation of this bill is freeze. In MVS flashes. It's only ad exemple.

No one here is talking about KOF 94, i said SMALLER GAMES.

KOF 94 is 196 megs, its not a small game.

Nam 1975 is 46 megs, and there is no difference between cart and CD versions as far as game play is concerned. You can argue that all day if you like but you will still be incorrect.
 
NEO-GEO man
Gemant wrote:

I'm famous because I written many documents about neo geo games, so is impossible you can win in a discussion with me.

You wrote documents so all of what you say is gospel now is it??

LOL
 
Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

In your opinion i did, however it was repeated again quite quickly without using your barrels method.

How do you propose i cheated to obtain that score on real hardware?


A photo not explain the difference of scoring. In past I ask you the score at the end of every stage, to understand where is the problem / difference. But you never answered, so you repeat and repeat "my score is real, my score is played on real hardware..." but you not explain WHERE you win this extra point in comparison with Neoforever video. Also now, you claim 1.047.000 without 2 bonus games and without sacrifice lives... with all bonus your hypothetical score would be 1.080.000 or more? I say impossible in NO MISS. Otherwise would be possible made a new WR in Nam with at least 1.250.000.
 
Jump to Forum:

  Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Who is your favorite Fatal Fury Special Character? Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 5 20. September 2017 20:57
Happy 'Swedish Midsommarafton' to NGFL Other Unrelated Discussion 20 16. August 2017 20:36
NeoGeo's Fatal Fury 1 Co-op play through Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 6 18. July 2017 18:40
Spinmaster: NGFL High Score Challenge Neo Geo High Score Challenges! 29 26. March 2017 10:35
Last Resort: NGFL High Score Challenge Neo Geo High Score Challenges! 38 12. October 2016 18:42