Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: NeoStrayCat
Thread ID: 2403
Thread Info
There are 23 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8302 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
How much do you Like/Dislike PB/BAM
Awesome, so awesome! Awesome, so awesome! 56%[9 Votes]
Great, it has potential! Great, it has potential! 31%[5 Votes]
Good, could use some work! Good, could use some work! 13%[2 Votes]
Bad, why would I play this! Bad, why would I play this! 0%[0 Votes]
Haven't played it yet, but will try it sometime soon. Haven't played it yet, but will try it sometime soon. 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 16
 Print Thread
Puzzle Bobble Discussion
NeoStrayCat
Hello, its time for a new Game of the Week!

And its everyone's favorite puzzle game Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move!

Words can't describe it since its everyone's favorite Neo-Geo Puzzle game! (=^_^=)

Puzzle Bobble

southtown-homebrew.com/images/puzzlebobbleBB.jpg

Genre: Puzzle
Players: 1P Single or 2P Versus
Size: 32 Megs
Released on: MVS, AES, Neo-Geo CD, Wonderswan, SNES, ETC.

Brief Description:

Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move is a Neo-Geo game made in 1994 by Taito, the same company that made the popular Bubble Bobble Series, All you do in this game is shoot 3 bubbles of the same color to make them dissappear. You can even choose to play as Bub (1P) or Bob (2P), and the bubbles inside are the enemies from BubBob. Within 30 Stages and Catchy Music, PB/BAM is an essential Party Game.

Screenshots:

neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/pbgotw1.png

neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/pbgotw2.png

neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/pbgotw3.png

neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/pbgotw4.png

Reviews:

Puzzle Bobble review by Kazuya_UK

Videos:

Puzzle Bobble Gameplay (courtesy of merlin)

YouTube Video

Highscore Challenge:

Good Luck

http://neogeoforl...ad_id=1378

Other Media

Play the Flash Version Here!

http://neogeoforl...age_id=167

Past GOTW Discussions:

#1 Magician Lord -->

#2 Nam 1975 -->

#3 Pulstar -->

#4 Baseball Stars Professional -->

#5 Blues Journey -->

#6 Fatal Fury -->

#7 Shock Troopers -->

#8 Sengoku -->

#9 Ninja Commando -->

#10 Ninja Master's -->

#11 Crystalis -->

#12 Thrash Rally -->

#13 Art of Fighting -->

#14 Waku Waku 7 -->

#15 Andro Dunos -->

#16 KOF '94 -->

#17 Nightmare on the Dark -->

#17 Twinkle Star Sprites -->

#18 Zupapa -->

#19 SNK Vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium -->

#20 The Last Blade -->

#21 Crossed Swords -->

#22 Cyber Lip -->

#23 Samurai Shodown -->

#24 King of the Monsters -->

#25 The King of Fighters '95 -->

#26 Fatal Fury 2 -->

#27 Aero Fighters 2 -->

#28 Neo Bomberman -->

#29 Metal Slug -->

#30 Kabuki Klash -->

#31 Breakers/Breakers Revenge -->

#32 Mutation Nation -->

#33 Blazing Star -->

#34 World Heroes -->

#35 King of Fighters '96 -->

#36 Neo Drift Out -->

#37 Magical Drop 2 -->

#38 Top Hunter -->

#39 Savage Reign -->

#40 Metal Slug 2/X -->

#41 Alpha Mission 2 -->

#42 Aggresors of Dark Kombat -->

#43 Art of Fighting 2 -->

#44 Super Sidekicks -->

#45 Sengoku 2 -->

#46 Metal Slug 3 -->

#47 Burning Fight -->

#48 Money Puzzle Exchanger -->

#49 Panic Bomber: Bomberman -->

#50 King of Monsters 2 -->

#51 Samurai Shodown 2 -->

#52 World Heroes 2 -->

#53 Last Resort -->

#54 Rage of the Dragons -->

#55 Leauge Bowling

#56 Metal Slug 4 -->

#57 Legend of Sucess Joe -->
NeoStrayCat attached the following images:
pbgotw3.png pbgotw2.png pbgotw1.png pbgotw4.png

Edited by NeoStrayCat on 19. March 2010 23:16
gamercards.exophase.com/33313.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Will
Puzzle Bobble is one puzzle packed game fine to play any time, talk about a treat for challengers. I don't know much about the many versions in existence or any extra features on them, but I find the GBA version and various Puzzle Bobble clones terrible. My favourite scenery is the phoenix constellation in Stages 26 - 28.

With Bubblun and Bobblon seperately operating their bubble shooters, I wonder who their partners are that reload the shooters from the bubble sack. If you look carefully at the bubbles you'll see the familiar faces of Monsta, Zen-Chan, Drunk, Mighta and all the other monsters from Bubble Bobble.

In the SNES version of Puzzle Bobble there are many more than 30 rounds in the game with special elemental bubbles and there is a battle mode where you fight all your Bubble Bobble nemesises up to Baron-von-Blubba.

I think I'll have another replay of this game for the HSC.

HexElf
Finally on here early!
Puzzle Bobble defines what arcade games are about; it's simple yet challenging and impossible to get bored with for long. Needs to be played on Neo Geo because...
~No one quite did Puzzle Bobble - Like You Did!

img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
priest
The Stray: Good job presenting this week GOTWThumbs Up

I made the thread Sticky and linked to it in the HSC thread.
Edited by priest on 13. March 2010 20:18
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
merlin
One of the best puzzle games (and series) I've ever played. Very addictive gameplay where you always want just one more go. The kind of game that nearly everyone would enjoy even people not normally into puzzle games.

One thing that's perhaps a bit unusual about this game is that the difficulty is really variable throughout the game. One minute you have a very tough round and then a load of easy ones. I HATE round 7! Annoyed That always cause me problems.

Although I love playing this great game overall I do prefer Magical Drop 3 and Money Idol Exchanger.

Bullet
Bust-A-Move Again was the first neo geo mvs cart I ever owned. It came already inside my 4 slot mvs cab when I bought it and the cab was pretty much only being used for that game as it had the marquee covering the 4 mini marquee slots. I played the game quite a bit ( and was no stranger to the series before that ) as I waited to get more mvs games from ebay.

I'll be honest though at the end of the day I enjoy puzzle games here and there and Bust-A-Move Again is a classic, but I do not love them like I do fighting games. So... I sold the kit on ebay . All the flyers were tucked inside the back of the cab still in plastic. It was in great shape and I was prolly a fool for getting rid of it, but at the time it really wasn't the reason I wanted a neo cab in my home.

On occasion I regret selling it, but then again if I did not , chances are I may never have got the incredible deal I found getting the mvs kof's 94,95,96,97,98,99,01 and 03 , all english labels with shockboxes and inserts for all the games including 00 and 02 which I picked up later to complete my kof collection. I'm also not sure if its just me , but I only buy mvs carts with english labels for my collection. It makes collecting a bit harder but its the way I want my collection. Barring anything that only came out in japan like Quiz Fighters.

I'm sure when I get down to it at the end and own almost every mvs cart, I'll curse the fact that I had it and let it slip away ,lol. Until then though, I'll enjoy my fighting games and thank the sale of Bust-A-Move Again for giving me all that fighting goodness. I hope its in a better place now.
May it rest in peace.
Edited by Bullet on 13. March 2010 21:19
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

RiKo
Merlin -i think thats the one i find hard too - round 7, its really tough, its all really dense and mixed up. Its a shame Zatatek isnt here, he is very good at this game Smile

This is a great game. I have the 4th game on DC but i like the simplicity of the original. there was a game on Sky box for anyone who has one in the UK, called Beehive Bedlam (I think) which is just like this, is actually more fun in some ways, if u didnt have to use the TV remote to control it. its not quite as hard.
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
STE C
Have this on NGCD , not that I am into puzzle games but it is probably the best puzzle game of all time.

Wonderboy
Bust-A-Move is awesome, and so it BAM Pocket!

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
STE C
Its a shame Taito never took on the hardware in a big way and produced more NG games, but the again in the early 90s Taito came close to releasing a console of their own called the Taito WOWOW which obviously would have been in pretty close competition with the NG.

Raiken
Could never really get into puzzle bobble. Probably because I'm horrible at itPfft
oi39.tinypic.com/2mzw2rs.jpg

NeoGeoNinja
brendasong wrote:
Superb post! I've bookmarked your web site as well for the reason that I realized it is actually educational and I enjoyed reading your posts.

bubble shooter download

INTERESTING, BECAUSE...
I've bookmarked YOU for the fekkin' BAN HAMMER!

Someone pls destroy this shameless whore of a bot! Cheers Wink

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

priest
brendasong wrote:
Superb post! I've bookmarked your web site as well for the reason that I realized it is actually educational and I enjoyed reading your posts.

bubble shooter download

...Brendasong have been found guilty of spamming NGFL and I hereby sentence you to wear the old ban hammer deep up your ar*e for all eternity.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NeoGeoNinja
brendasong wrote:

bubble shooter download

priest wrote:
...Brendasong have been found guilty of spamming NGFL and I hereby sentence you to wear the old ban hammer deep up your ar*e for all eternity.

YEP...
told ya. didn't I? Didn't I?? I told ya... that Priest does NOT f*ck around! Oh yeah... he knows how to deal with them bot scumbags!

What's that you say? How?... How does Priest deal with the unscrupulous bot filth?! Why of course, a Ban Hammer deep into the rectum... Permanently! Oh yes...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Mango
I think PB is a fun game but when coming back to it a day or 2 later I just a feeling of 'I have done these levels before, cant i just skip to where I left off?'

I think where the real fun comes in (like alot of games) is 2 player mode where you go head to head and try to pass as many bubbles to the opponent as possible while trashtalking ans generally trying to kick their arse Smile

My Neo Geo is in the lunch room at work (on freeplay) and people love puzzle bobble especially 2 player mode. We are currently organizing a puzzle bobble tournament that the staff can compete in to decide the PB champion! Smile

presicion25
I love Puzzle Bobble, Puzzle de Pon and all the Magical Drop games.

LIFE_IN_2D
I love Puzzle Bobble. Bub and Bob are so cute! Great and classic game. This is where it all started.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 07. June 2010 02:45
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Will
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
I love Puzzle Bobble. Bub and Bob are so cute! Great and classic game. This is where it all started.

Not Quite. That's not where it started. The Bubble Bobble series was the first to feature Bub and Bob plus Rainbow Islands. My favourite of them all was "Bubble Bobble II" (or "Bubble Symphony"Wink.

Have you ever wondered why Taito licensed only half of the Puzzle Bobble quadrilogy? I have and I don't have a clue. Puzzle Bobble 3 and 4 would have been great on the Neo-Geo system.

LIFE_IN_2D
Will wrote:

Not Quite. That's not where it started. The Bubble Bobble series was the first to feature Bub and Bob plus Rainbow Islands. My favourite of them all was "Bubble Bobble II" (or "Bubble Symphony"Wink.

I was talking about the Puzzle Bobble series, specifically.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
Interestingly I was reading recently that the prototype for Puzzle Bobble didn't feature Bub and Bob and it was only later Taito decided to include them.

http://www.neogeo...tamove.htm

I'm glad most people here refer to the game as Puzzle Bobble. The title 'Bust a Move' sounds terrible if you ask me. Not sure what they were thinking when they came up with that name!
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Jump to Forum: