Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: bojan4o
Thread ID: 2379
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
everything about the movies
merlin
RiKo wrote:
What's your favourite Arnie film?

The two original Conan films, Red Sonja and The Running Man are my favourites. I'm a big fan of Smash TV and The Running Man reminds me of that game. Which are your favourite Arnie films RiKo? I think there's a thread about Arnie films in the forum.

Has anyone watched the remake of Conan The Barbarian from 2011? I'm not so keen on the idea of a remake but if it's really good I might give it a try.

Nice fan-made trailer for the original Conan film:
https://www.youtu...0cxNbz4yKc

You can read the Conan stories online at wikisource:
http://en.wikisou..._Barbarian

I also watched Hundra (1983) recently. Not a terrible film but I was disappointed in it. The opening scene where a horde of barbarian scum massacre the settlement of Amazon warriors is well done and the cult who worship a bull are quite amusing. The Ennio Morricone score is very good especially Hundra's love theme. However overall I found the film a bit boring and also silly at times.

RiKo
Merlin wrote :- I'm a big fan of Smash TV and The Running Man reminds me of that game. Which are your favourite Arnie films RiKo? I think there's a thread about Arnie films in the forum.

Yes Smash TV is def ripped off from the Running Man. Smash TV is the sequel to Robotron 2084 Thumbs Up

I used to love Running Man when I was a kid. Think it was based on a Stephen King book. I think I would go for Predator. That's such a great film. It also has Carl "Apollo Creed" Weathers in

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't heard of Hundra I'm afraid. I've just watched Philomena, which is about an ex-nun (Judi Dench) searching for the child that was taken away from her as young girl. Much better than it sounds! Steve Coogan puts in a good performace as the journalist assisting her, and adds a bit of humour to proceedings.

I tend to watch one fast action film and then a slower more serious one to counterbalance. My action film was a Marvel film Guardians off the Galaxy, which I thought was great. The best thing about it is the humour (although there's a fair amount of action in there too). The jokes are actually genuinely amusing. I've got used to the Avengers style quips which arent actually really funny so this was a surprise. The 70s/80s music is a nice touch too. Thumbs Up

cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-First-Official-Photo-HIGH-RES.jpg

I also watched Click which is an Adam Sandler comedy. He is given a universal remote control he can use to control life and any person. Weirdly it's quite funny before he gets the remote but not once he gets it - it stops being funny. He is also very unimaginative in what he uses it for.... Having said that I found the end of the film quite touching. Otherwise it's a very average film.
Edited by RiKo on 03. May 2015 22:29
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Yes the Predator is excellent I agree. I seem to remember Commando being pretty good too.

Haven't seen any of those films you mention RiKo. Maybe in the future I'll check them out. Thanks for reviving this thread!

Murikov
Oh how I loved this thread!

What a coincidence that recently I've watched the original Conan as well. This was one was absolutely Heavy Metal, no more no less. Great photography, creepy mythology, great music and unforgettable one-liners. «Conan! What is best in life?»
«Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.»

Otherwise there's nothing more to add to Ahnuld's movies, although I must say that his best days of acting are definitely over.

In the meantime I've watched quite many flicks which were on my bucket list for quite some time.

What really left a huge impression on me are Takeshi Kitano's movies. You either know him as show master from Takeshi's Castle, as director or as actor himself. Just incredible what he is capable of.

My favorite one remains definitely Sonatine. An philosophical mobster movie with almost abstract metaphors and an incredible soundtrack by Joe Hisaishi. I first expected kind of an John Woo Heroic Bloodshed-style movie, but this is something completely different. Absolutely worth watching and to think about afterwards.

YouTube Video

Kikujiro is another one that stayed with me. Don't let the plot fool you at the first sight, this is rather a movie for adults than for kids. It gets even better everytime you watch it. The music, again by Joe Hisaishi, will stay in your head for days.

YouTube Video

It's pretty much the same for A Scene at the Sea. I never thought I'd like that flick that much. An absolute masterpiece with few words (since it's about deaf- and dumbness) but lasting images.

YouTube Video

And why have I never heard about Wings of Honneamise before? I think this movie is as good as Akira in terms of visuals, animations and philosophy, if not even better. This anime deserves to be seen by everyone, although it may not please action lovers. It's bizarre, it's basically about space travel, aeronautics, corruption, religion, love and war. How much more can you pack into a movie?

YouTube Video

And what are your thoughts about Eraserhead? I'm quite sure that many of you guys have watched it as well. It's incredible how much this movie relies on your own interpretations - you can pretty much have your very own views about the whole plot. It may be sick, bizarre and disturbing but it definitely is a grand experience.

YouTube Video

i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Jump to Forum: