Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: bojan4o
Thread ID: 2379
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
everything about the movies
merlin
Good to hear you both enjoyed Apocalypto too Ninja and Bojan. I completely agree with you about the cast Ninja. They really did extremely well and it was a very good decision of Mel Gibson to go for a cast of unknowns like that rather than go for well known actors. If he'd used well known actors like Brad Pitt or Leonardo Di Caprio it really wouldn't have been as good. Because you're not familiar with the actors you really can believe they are genuine tribespeople.

Bojan thanks for the recommendations. I haven't actually watched any of those films you mentioned before. Bram Stoker's Dracula does interest me the most out of those actually. Next time it's on TV I'll check it out.

merlin
I recently saw the film Mongol for the first time. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet the film covers the early life of Genghis Khan. I found it really gripping throughout and with impressive battle sequences. He really had a very tough life to begin with from an early age. It's clear his wife Borte was a big influence in his life. This is the first part of a trilogy and I'm really looking forward to the next film. It'd be interesting to hear from anyone else who has watched it. Personally I thought it was excellent and would recommend checking it out.

YouTube Video

bojan4o
i did saw mongol a while back ago it was a cool movie but not so great but i liked it
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

bojan4o
wooow when i watched this movie its a Chinese movie i think from hong kong and i think that its the best film based on a manhua (chinese comic book) or if you like you can call it manga
YouTube Video

2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

merlin
Not heard of that Storm Warriors film before Bojan. Looks interesting though. It does seem to get mixed reviews but I may give it a try for myself in the future.

I've always been a huge fan of Sergio Leone's westerns but recently I've started to explore spaghetti westerns by other directors for the first time. So far I've bought and watched 'Death Rides a Horse' directed by Giulio Petroni and 'Django' and 'The Great Silence' directed by Sergio Corbucci. All of them excellent films. Death Rides a Horse stars the great Lee van Cleef as a man who was framed by a ruthless gang for the murder of a whole family. Together with the sole survivor of the family he hunts down the gang. Excellent western and features music by Ennio Morricone. Django is another very good one. It's a similar kind of film to Leone's A Fistful of Dollars with a stranger coming into a lawless town which is occupied by two rival groups of bandits. The stranger Django has a secret weapon though a Gatling gun which he drags behind him in a coffin. This was a very influential western and actually spawned something like 31 sequels!

The one that impressed me the most though was The Great Silence. A very unusual type of western. It's set in Utah in the late 1800s and the whole film is set in snow. A group of outlaws are hiding in the hills and come down every so often to steal food. Bounty killers are waiting to pick them off and interestingly they are portrayed as the bad guys so it's the opposite of a film like Leone's For a Few Dollars More. Loco played by Klaus Kinski is the most vicious of the bounty killers. Silence is a mute who was scarred by bounty killers at a young age. The film leads up to a final confrontation between Loco and Silence but with a very surprising ending. The film is also notable for having an early interracial love scene. I can't recommend this film enough to anyone who hasn't already seen it.

YouTube Video

Anyone else like these films or got any other spaghetti western recomendations?
Edited by merlin on 12. June 2010 18:23

bojan4o
the i inside a great film just watched it last night on tv and it was a mess the main character dont have idea what is happening to him first he wakes up in a hospital in 2002 then in the same hospital in 2000 and he losses his memory too but the thing is that you have no idea what is happening in this film you got to watch it
and here is the trailer but if you see in related you can see that the whole movie is uploaded to youtube
YouTube Video

Murikov
merlin wrote:
Anyone else like these films or got any other spaghetti western recomendations?

As a great Bud Spencer/Terrence Hill-Fan I personally know "Preparati la bara!" (I think it's the second Django film?). I own a 20 DVD collection of several Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill films and this one is included.

YouTube Video

Do you also recognize the music in the video? It seems that Gnarles Barkley just shamelessly stole a part of the movie theme for his successful song...

Anyway, my ultimate favorite Italo-film is "...Altrimenti ci arrabbiamo!" (again with Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill). It's just a no-brainer with a cheesy story but with a lot of funny moments, non-stop action an awesome soundtrack. This epic scene must explain everything:

YouTube Video

Edited by Murikov on 13. June 2010 19:04
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

merlin
Thanks for the recommendation Murikov. I really enjoyed the first Django film but haven't watched any of the sequels yet. After watching that clip and reading some reviews I'm definitely interested in Preparati la Bara. I read some people saying that it's the best Django sequel. I didn't actually recognise that music to be honest but you're quite right it is used in the Gnarles Barkley song Crazy.

That clip from 'Altrimenti ci arrabbiamo!' was pretty funny. I've never actually watched any films starring Terence Hill before.

I'm going to buy a few more spaghetti westerns this week. Next on my list are The Big Gundown, Face to Face, Sabata, A Bullet for the General and Campaneros. I'm especially looking forward to Face to Face which stars Gian Maria Volonte who is best known for his roles as El Indio in For a Few Dollars More and Ramon Rojo in A Fistful of Dollars.

http://www.most-w...terns.html

bojan4o
this movie i recommend to merlin its a great Macedonian movie about two brothers who left the wild west to find gold in Macedonia well they didn't expected that i Macedonia things are worst from the wild west and they came for gold but found only death you may have seen it its called Dust an if any of you guys are interested about this movie i can send you a pm with the download link

YouTube Video

Edited by bojan4o on 12. July 2010 13:50

merlin
bojan4o wrote:
this movie i recommend to merlin its a great Macedonian movie about two brothers who left the wild west to find gold in Macedonia well they didn't expected that i Macedonia things are worst from the wild west and they came for gold but found only death you may have seen it its called Dust an if any of you guys are interested about this movie i can send you a pm with the download link

Thanks for the recommendation Bojan. Never heard of that film before but it definitely sounds interesting especially with having different storylines. I've been reading some reviews of the film today and I like the sound of it.

I've carried on with my spaghetti western exploration and recently watched A Bullet for the General, The Grand Duel, Sabata, Companeros and Face to Face. All excellent films but Face to Face in particular impressed me the most. It tells the story of Brad Fletcher a history professor in Boston suffering from tuberculosis who goes to Texas for health reasons. He gets mixed up with Solomon 'Beauregard' Bennett's gang of outlaws and gradually he starts to change. The bandit lifestyle starts to appeal more and more to him and he eventually takes over the gang and is even more ruthless and brutal than the previous leader. By contrast Beauregard begins to regret his ways and lifestyle. Great performances from Gian Maria Volonte and Thomas Milian and a wonderful score by Ennio Morricone. Excellent film and highly recommended.

YouTube Video

bojan4o
oh i just saw that you saw this post dont mind the message that i have send it to you any way how do you like the music in that dust movie?

LIFE_IN_2D
merlin wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation Bojan. Never heard of that film before but it definitely sounds interesting especially with having different storylines. I've been reading some reviews of the film today and I like the sound of it.

I've carried on with my spaghetti western exploration and recently watched A Bullet for the General, The Grand Duel, Sabata, Companeros and Face to Face. All excellent films but Face to Face in particular impressed me the most. It tells the story of Brad Fletcher a history professor in Boston suffering from tuberculosis who goes to Texas for health reasons. He gets mixed up with Solomon 'Beauregard' Bennett's gang of outlaws and gradually he starts to change. The bandit lifestyle starts to appeal more and more to him and he eventually takes over the gang and is even more ruthless and brutal than the previous leader. By contrast Beauregard begins to regret his ways and lifestyle. Great performances from Gian Maria Volonte and Thomas Milian and a wonderful score by Ennio Morricone. Excellent film and highly recommended.

Good stuff, Merlin. I'll have to see "Face to Face", looks good. BTW, I saw you mentioned "The Great Silence" in another thread, great film... especially the ending. Klaus Kinski puts up a great performance in "The Great Silence", like he always does.

Murikov wrote:

Anyway, my ultimate favorite Italo-film is "...Altrimenti ci arrabbiamo!" (again with Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill). It's just a no-brainer with a cheesy story but with a lot of funny moments, non-stop action an awesome soundtrack. This epic scene must explain everything:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! That scene you posted was gold! I'll probably be seeing this movie in the near future.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 15. July 2010 04:35
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
bojan4o wrote:
oh i just saw that you saw this post dont mind the message that i have send it to you any way how do you like the music in that dust movie?

From what little I've heard so far the music sounds really good. By the way on a whim I decided to buy the film. I managed to get a second hand copy for less than 2 from Amazon. I'll let you know what I think of the film once I've watched it.

2D nice to see another fan of The Great Silence. One of the best spaghetti westerns I've seen. That ending is pretty memorable. By the way if you or anyone else ever wants to check out Face To Face in the future then it's pretty hard to get hold of since it wasn't officially released in a lot of countries. I got my copy from here:

http://cultcine.c...idescreen1

I hope more people will post in this thread too if they've seen any good films recently.

bojan4o
so you found it i didnt though that you can find it to buy it that is why i was asking if you need the download link

yea the music is great the story is great and it have some famous american actors well not that famous but they are very good you know the two brothers
i075.radikal.ru/0911/7b/3ab758bed394.jpg
cover6.cduniverse.com/CDUCoverArt/video/Large/6313116.jpg

sebastian66
I like scary and comedy movies the most.Which type of movie you people like?

LIFE_IN_2D
I couldn't find any other 'movies' thread, so I thought i'd post this here.

I just got around to watching District 9. I absolutely loved it, the best Sci-Fi film I've seen in ages. Top notch all around. I highly recommend this film to anybody who has not seen it.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 30. July 2010 15:42
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

bojan4o
i haven't seen it yet and wanted to see it for a long time now and i will hopefully sooner or later

shion
I watched Tekken earlier this evening. If you accept that film makers take great artistic freedoms in adaptations, the action and plot are pretty decent. The cage fighting elements were subtle, and I thought this pop culture reference (cage fighting) was nicely done without overtly being "one of those" cage fighting movies. It also has a bit of fighting with weapons, which is interesting. However, the general feeling is B movie-ish.
Edited by shion on 13. August 2010 03:58

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
bojan4o
oh i wanted to ask here who did watched the movie so from your own opinion the movie i way better than street fighter and doa and kof?

shion
I've never seen DOA or KOF. I'm not the type that compares movies; I try to appreciate a movie as a work in itself. With that said, anything is better than the SF movie!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
Jump to Forum: