Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: bojan4o
Thread ID: 2379
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
everything about the movies
bojan4o
here you can talk everything about the movies for any movie you think about so pls begin
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

shion
I watch them for free. Smile

And I won't be watching the oscars tonight.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
merlin
Like we discussed yesterday I think it'd be a nice idea to have a top 10 favourite movies thread. I'm sure there are lots of great films I've never watched before so it'll be nice to get a few recommendations from other people here.

The last film I watched was 'Nosferatu the Vampyre' starring Klaus Kinski and directed by German director Werner Herzog. It's a kind of remake of the 1922 Nosferatu film. I'd seen it before but quite a while ago. Definitely the best vampire film I've ever seen with a very creepy atmosphere especially in the castle in Translyvania. Kinski gives a really memorable performance as Count Dracula and his physical appearance is very striking too.

Despite their often difficult working relationship there's something a bit special about the films directed by Herzog and starring Kinski. 'Aguirre Wrath of God' is regarded as the best one of the five films they made together and a particular favourite of mine. Anyone else here like Nosferatu and any other Herzog/Kinski films?

Here's a short clip from Nosferatu the Vampyre:

http://www.youtub...qGF0sWAuB4

I'd like to hear what films everyone else has been watching lately.

NeoStrayCat
Movies that I need to watch in Theathers or on DVD in 2010.

1. Ponyo (on the Cliff by the Sea)
2. Toy Story 3
3. Iron Man 2
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Raiken
The Stray wrote:
Movies that I need to watch in Theathers or on DVD in 2010.

1. Ponyo (on the Cliff by the Sea)
2. Toy Story 3
3. Iron Man 2

Ponyo's good. I saw it in Japan when it first came out.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

NeoStrayCat
Yeah, I just need to see it sometime.

shion
I hate the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movies. They are a disgrace to my childhood. "Yeah, let's make the Chipmunks cool and relevant to today's kids!" Well guys, you missed the boat by 17 years, when everyone and their grandma were spewing out catroon-like characters with attitude and hipness.

elexandru
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel
Kids will probably enjoy The Squeakquel in the same sense that they probably enjoy commercials for breakfast cereal; the movie is silly, easy to understand if you don't have a strong sense of logic, and, yeah, a little bit cute (I admit that I like the idea of the Chipmunks bonding by watching Meerkat Manor). But if parents can lead the resistance and steer their kids away, all the better. The best you can hope for in actually watching this movie is a lesson in just how little effort a major motion picture can require.

shion
I saw The Green Zone a couple weeks ago. It was decent action, which says a lot considering how hard it is to find a decent action movie these days.

bojan4o
1st pls post some pics and trailers about that movie
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

shion
The official site should give you your pic/trailer fix:
http://www.greenz...

merlin
One film that I watched recently that really impressed me is Apocalypto directed by Mel Gibson. My brother was always saying to me how great the film was and I managed to get the dvd very cheaply. For anyone who hasn't seen it the film is set in the time of an ancient Mayan civilization and follows the character Jaguar Paw who is captured from his village and taken to the Mayan city where he faces a horrible end. He manages to escape which leads to a long and exciting chase sequence through the jungles.

Interestingly the dialogue throughout the film is in Mayan. I've already watched the film three times and can't recommend it enough. The scenes in the Mayan city are particularly striking. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of anyone else here who has also watched it. Here's a trailer:

YouTube Video

It would be great if people use this thread to post about any movies they've seen recently. Maybe we can give each a few ideas for good films to check out.
Edited by merlin on 20. April 2010 11:00

LIFE_IN_2D
^I love that movie. Very well executed, in all aspects. Another example of your good taste,this time in film, Merlin.Thumbs Up
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 20. April 2010 14:48
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
^I love that movie. Very well executed, in all aspects. Another example of your good taste,this time in film, Merlin.Thumbs Up

Thanks 2D. Good to see you are a fan too. It seems sometimes our tastes are a bit similar. I don't know if you noticed my earlier post in this thread when I was talking about Nosferatu the Vampyre but it was actually you who had recommended that film to me a long time ago. I had never seen it previous to that and it's now one of my favourite horror films so thanks!

Anyone else seen any good films lately?

NeoStrayCat
Updated list of movies I've already and gonna see in 2010. Either on DVD or in theaters.

Seen Already:
Ponyo (on the Cliff by the Sea)-Its Great
Kick-Ass-Shocking and Disturbingly Funny.

Coming Soon:
Toy Story 3-Its Toy Story, what do you expect!
Iron Man 2-Coming in a while, Expectations a Must!
Shrek Forever After-Thougt it ended with 3, but I need to see 3 and this one too.
The Last Airbender-Based on the Nick Series, and has nothing to do with James Cameron's Film.
Scott Pligrim vs The World-Heard bout the Comic, but not the film.

(List will be updated when need be.)
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 21. April 2010 14:10

bojan4o
A Film by Francis Ford Coppola
Bram Stoker's DRACULA
YouTube Video

i recommend this film to everybody especially you merlin cuz it seemsd that you like dracula movies

Edge of Darkness a new mel gibson film
YouTube Video

A cop and widower witnesses what first appears to be the accidental killing of his daughter, Emma. Distraught by the loss and further troubled by his conviction that the bullet was intended for him, he takes on the murder investigation with an obsessive zeal to see justice done. The investigation leads him to uncover an illegal plutonium stockpile.

this is fan made trailer enjoy lol

YouTube Video

'Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore' Trailer
YouTube Video

this is so funny hehe

shrek 4 dont know when will come out or its out yet
YouTube Video

or its fake?

and for upcoming films pls use this pst and you can post some news for upcoming movies/films http://www.neogeo...post_38042
Edited by bojan4o on 24. April 2010 20:10

bojan4o
oh and i am glad that this thread is alive lol

bojan4o
Oh and i forgot to ask you can you imagine Jerry Bruckheimer
http://en.wikiped...ruckheimer

to produce Dragon ball or even KOF or some other snk games or other stuff which we want to be made into a movie that would be awesome dont you think?

NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:
One film that I watched recently that really impressed me is Apocalypto directed by Mel Gibson. My brother was always saying to me how great the film was and I managed to get the dvd very cheaply. For anyone who hasn't seen it the film is set in the time of an ancient Mayan civilization and follows the character Jaguar Paw who is captured from his village and taken to the Mayan city where he faces a horrible end. He manages to escape which leads to a long and exciting chase sequence through the jungles.

Interestingly the dialogue throughout the film is in Mayan. I've already watched the film three times and can't recommend it enough. The scenes in the Mayan city are particularly striking. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of anyone else here who has also watched it.

It would be great if people use this thread to post about any movies they've seen recently. Maybe we can give each a few ideas for good films to check out.

MY GIRLFRIEND AND I...
watched this on TV a couple of months back and, we too, were rather impressed with it. I must admit, I'd always wanted to see it since seeing the trailer at the cinema, but alas, like many trailers you see... you don't get around to seeing every film you want to see. The thing that really struck me about the film was... the 'actors'. It was all acted out really well indeed BUT I'd never heard of any of these guys before! You gotta wonder where they find all these people from, or indeed, if they're even professional actors! You'd have to see it to understand more... to me these looked like ACTUAL tribesman who just so happen to be very good at acting and being natural in front of the camera! It's quite something...

Yeah, it was a really good film. I'd definitely recommend it. Not for the light-hearted mind!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

bojan4o
agreed with ninja that is a great film well every film that was directed by mel gibson is great

Jump to Forum: