Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 237
Thread Info
There are 8 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2173 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The next chat meet and more! Online gaming with forum members?
Kazuya_UK
Hey all,

It would be great set up another chat meet for some point in the near future. It will probably be another Sunday evening/afternoon, as I think this is the best time for the majority of people. I haven't got an exact date yet, but it should be some time in the next 2 weeks... I'll give you all plenty of notice anyway!

I was also thinking about a couple of other things. How about all of us organise some kind of online gaming session where we can all get involved? Because we have the chatroom, it would be nice and easy for us all to login there beforehand, organise exactly where we are going, and then meet up inside the relevant game.

What we would need is a game that all of us have access to, so here are the options I can think of:

1. Kaillera. It always crapped out on me when I tried it ages ago, and it wasn't great against people overseas due to lag, but I'd love to try it again. Even if fighting game didn't work too well, I'd be up for some games of Magical Drop or similar if they work any better...

2. A free online game like:

http://www.gunzon... <-- 3rd person shooter, GREAT fun

http://www.gunbou... <-- Worms style action, a lot of us here used to play it a while ago, might be worth trying again.

Or maybe that online golf game candycab posted about a while ago? I forgot the name, but it would be worth trying! Smile

3. Something else, if anyone has any suggestions? Also, if any of you European people play Warcraft, let me know as it would be fun to meet a few of you there.

I'll figure out an exact date for the chat meet sometime soon, but in the meantime let me know what you think of some online gaming action. I'm especially interested in blasting the crap out of you all on Gunz Online (especially when their new version comes out), but I'll give anything a try. Could be a lot of fun! Grin

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 07. March 2007 19:13
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Midian
If I can get my Gunz online to work again, I'll definately join in! I'm not that good in it, but slashing with a sword and then suddenly blasting your shotgun still kicks ass.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

phry
Another chat meet would be great as the last one was fun. It was great chatting to everyone there. An online gaming sesh with you all would definately be a lot of fun. Grin

Or maybe that online golf game candycab posted about a while ago? I forgot the name, but it would be worth trying! smiley

That was called Shot Online. I gave it a little go a while back but not really played it much. A golf game would be a nice leisurely gaming session. Here's a link: http://www.gamesc...hotonline/
(now I hope I can remember my passcode!)

I think I'll install that GunBound. Not too sure what it's like but it sounds fun.

I'll have to reinstall GunzOnline. That game looked pretty cool but there were a lot of hackers/cheaters out there who just couldn't die. Definately has the potential for a good match or so though.

Shiny
Another chat meet would be cool, might even make it on time this time... Wink

I'll be honest I don't know much about online gaming, do you need a console like an XBox or a Playstation connected to the hyperweb to do it? Actually I'm screwed either way as I doubt my laptop could run much worth playing.:(
Edited by Shiny on 09. March 2007 02:26
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Kazuya_UK
Gunbound would probably work pretty well as it's a 2D game anyway, and a lot like worms... me, crag, daaren, seiryu and a few others from here used to play it and it was great fun. Might be worth giving a go, and I'm pretty sure it is still free.

As for Gunz, I got fed up and stopped playing due to hackers, but if we were all playing against each other then it shouldn't be too much of a problem really, unless someone decides that want to be clever and cheat! Pfft I'm going to download Gunz and get my old account going. I'll probably start a new one though because my old one was level 20 or so, so I'd be too strong for everyone else unless they have played the game before and already have a leveled up character.

On the URL I posted before, you can get the old version and have to download it via an imbedded torrent client... it seems the beta of the new version is out now though and you can get it here via a direct download:

http://gunz.ijji....

I'm downloading it now, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow! Smile

Kaz

candycab
The golf game was "Shot online" Golf

Only problem with it is it takes way too long to actually play.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Kazuya_UK
OK I got the new version of Gunz installed - it's a little weird because once you have installed it, clicking the launcher icon will now take you to the website, where you need to login (you'll need to create a new account even if you used to have one on the old Gunz), and then click the "play live" button.

So far it seems pretty good - the graphics are about the same (in other words pretty good for a free game once you have tweaked the settings) and all the music and sound is the same. It looks like they have done lots to fix the hacking problems, and there is the new quest mode... looks like it would get repetitive, but maybe good for a laugh.

I'll put up an announcement soon about an new chat meet, but in the meantime does anyone fancy meeting up on Gunz for a few matches in the near future? Grin

Kaz

Yue
Hmmmmm, this all ok, I guess....it's ok if we stick to just talking if we want, right?

C'est la vie

Jump to Forum: