Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: The eccentric cat
Thread ID: 2368
Thread Info
There are 27 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 12216 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Metal Slug 4 discussion
WERY
Even this game is in my collection and I play any now and then and the main reason is for the highscore. I try to get as much as I can in one credit and last time I did great, I was almost up to one million points.

Its a great game with lots of explosive action and interesting gameplay. Shooting planes from the top of a moving vehicle, shooting trucks from a bike. Blasting away enemy forces to hell and mucj more.

I dont think this is a game to be liked by the biggest fans of the Metal Slug series as I have introduced it to other who hardly played the series at all and they sure loved this game. Why? That quite obvious

The negative thing about this game on the other hand is that some bosses are so hard that you cannot escape death and in the zombi stage is is damn hard to survive to when they die so slowly that they manage to get you
The Duce

krazywoot
I played this entire game through, and it was a huge disappointment right after playing MSlug 3, since it had so much hard work and effort in it, Mslug 4 was kind of lame and a quarter munching POS made by a different company.
Wait where am I supposed to sign again?

NEO-GEO man
Ok, ive only played this once on an emulator so i could see if it really was as shit as most seem to say it is, but i reckon it was brilliant.

I left it at one quick go cause i want to buy it on AES one day and discover it that way.

As for the other characters, really? Who cares? all 4 are indentical ability wise in all 6 games on the NEO-GEO, so what difference does it make who they bloody are!! This is just nit picking for the sake of finding something to dislike about the game!!

neoman
need to buy this game again ..going to cost me twice as much ...but from what i can remember it was good decent game to play, but not in the same league as metal slug 3 anybody disagree..let me know

M-Kof
I've played every MS series (Except MS 7) and IMO, Metal Slug 4 is underrated MS game. The thing that I like from this game is the soundtrack (Especially stage 1,2, and 4 stage OST) and of course, the challenge. The new additional character isn't so bad, though I don't like Trevor style at all.

RiKo
wow loads of people who have left the site havee come back! Grin oh wait its an old thread *sigh*:(

i am ashamed to say that i bought MS4 because it was quite cheap but i havent really got round to actually playing it. I wanted to play the earlier games more first. i must have tried it out but i cant remember. One good things about it - is it the cheapest MS game you can buy on AES, and for that it deserves a thumbs up Thumbs Up
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Murikov
M - Kof wrote:
I've played every MS series (Except MS 7) and IMO, Metal Slug 4 is underrated MS game. The thing that I like from this game is the soundtrack (Especially stage 1,2, and 4 stage OST) and of course, the challenge. The new additional character isn't so bad, though I don't like Trevor style at all.

Good to have you back here, dude! Thumbs Up

I'm one of these who think the 4th installment is the worst of the series. It sure has some good points (like some new gameplay features like the Chimpanzee transformation) and, as you already wrote, the really good music. But then I take a look on all these recycled graphics which Mega took from the original Metal Slugs and these just kill any originality behind Metal Slug 4. And with it my sympathies for this game as well. :(

Maybe I need to give it a go again to explore it's better sides, but I don't believe chances are that high. Shrug

EDIT: Speaking of Metal Slug; I just got the Metal Slug forum rank by this post. Not bad at all. Smile
Edited by Murikov on 14. February 2012 19:39
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Jump to Forum: