Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 2353
Thread Info
There are 757 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIII
lee gray
Murikov wrote:
Another Online netcode demonstration by Atlus showed up. I think I really get confident of SNKP & publishers doing it right this time. Smile

At the same time some pictures of the US and UK pre-order CDs s were uploaded. It seems the packaging is quite different.

US Version

img812.imageshack.us/img812/3305/kofsoundtrackbundledisp.jpg
img189.imageshack.us/img189/1259/kofsoundtrackdisplaypag.jpg

UK/European Version

img542.imageshack.us/img542/5263/71602659.jpg

reelmojo wrote:
KOFXII's netcode was a lot better if you were lucky enough to fight someone in the same region as you. I had a few relatively lag free matches, and a few that appeared to take place underwater. Definitely needed improvement but it wasn't the shit storm the internet made it out to be.

Today I played some matches again and actually experienced some quite lag-free sessions as well. 4 of 10 matches worked more or less fine, and I won exactly 4 in total... Oh my.
the US version looks so much better...the UK version looks cheap and doesnt even list the tracks but it does have duck kings theme in it and the boss cit scene theme in kof2000 which is neat

NeoStrayCat
Yep, also, Iori with Flames is now available to purchase on the 360 and later on PS3.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
reelmojo
The Stray wrote:
Yep, also, Iori with Flames is now available to purchase on the 360 and later on PS3.

Thanks for the update... I forgot he was going to be available today!

Just a quick note for anyone who downloads him, you select him by putting the cursor on normal Iori and pressing the Back button (probably Select on PS3). That took me a second to figure out and the game doesn't seem to tell you. At first I was trying to do it the same way you pick alternate costumes (by selecting the character and then pressing Back).

Zakatek
Still no Flame Iori on psn. When we will get Nests Kyo and Mr. Karate, is here any info?. Btw what i've seen from videos Nests Kyo has 96-98 Kyo's moveset but he has Nests saga outfit.
Edited by Zakatek on 06. December 2011 12:33

NeoStrayCat
That's because PS3 doesn't update their content until later in the afternoon or in the evening depending on location, and etc.

And BTW, Iori with flames is awesome and stuff, even with that funny laugh he still does though.

Anyways, no set date yet on Nests Kyo or Mr. Karate yet until Atlus confirms an official release date.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
lee gray
its good playing their stages though in online play..Esaka (Osaka) is sweet

reelmojo
PSN updates on Wednesdays, and it's usually at around 9PM EST. I say usually because they are nowhere near as consistent as Microsoft when it comes to updating their online service. I remember waiting a few times for content to show up on the store and it seems pretty random. Still, the PSN release date is December 7th so don't keep refreshing the store today!

EDIT: Shoryuken is reporting that Flame Iori is available today on PSN.
Edited by reelmojo on 06. December 2011 18:32

NeoGeoNinja
Zakatek wrote:
Btw what i've seen from videos Nests Kyo has 96-98 Kyo's moveset but he has Nests saga outfit.

I SINCERELY HOPE...
that this turns out to NOT be the case. 95 & 03 Kyo was the best he's ever been. Not to mention, NGBC's Nests Kyo was out of this world too! (Finger Clickin' Explosions ftw).

Hmmm... wait n see I guess, but I at least want 01/02 Nests Kyo > 99/00 (99's was f*cked up!)

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

GeeseTheDuck
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Zakatek wrote:
Btw what i've seen from videos Nests Kyo has 96-98 Kyo's moveset but he has Nests saga outfit.

I SINCERELY HOPE...
that this turns out to NOT be the case. 95 & 03 Kyo was the best he's ever been. Not to mention, NGBC's Nests Kyo was out of this world too! (Finger Clickin' Explosions ftw).

Hmmm... wait n see I guess, but I at least want 01/02 Nests Kyo > 99/00 (99's was f*cked up!)

Ninja

YouTube Video

It's true unfortunately.
Oh well, Rekka Kyo is still a very welcome addition even if I would personally have preferred the 2K and up version's qcb B/D.
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
NeoGeoNinja
Zakatek wrote:

GeeseTheDuck wrote:
It's true unfortunately.

Oh well, Rekka Kyo is still a very welcome addition even if I would personally have preferred the 2K and up version's qcb B/D.

HMMMM...
it's difficult to call, but judging by his movesets, he's not completely 96/98. For a start, he doesn't have the 'Shiki' finish DP at the end of his combo until 00 onwards - seen here @0:15 in this video.

He does have the old style step-forward kick in his rekka though. A bit of an 'idealistic' Nests variant going on here I think, but yes... like you Geese, I too miss QCB+B specifically...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Zakatek
lee gray wrote:
its good playing their stages though in online play..Esaka (Osaka) is sweet

New Esaka stage looks really nice, i'm glad they made that stage again. I still like the original better one of my fav KOF stages ever.

reelmojo
Another quick combo video for Nests Kyo. This one is his "official" reveal trailer. Same price as Flame Iori, coming December 20th.

YouTube Video

I wonder if the fact that it's only two weeks away means that we're only four weeks away from Mr. Karate?

Zakatek
Flame Iori is now available on psn.

Zakatek
Bad news, European psn users won't get Flame Iori until 4th January. I'm glad i got US version. http://www.rising...amp;t=2117

Murikov
For those PS3 players wishing a Custom Soundtrack for KoFXIII: Just go the XMB while being ingame and select a favored MP3 from the Music section. Return to the game and enjoy the soundtrack to your own taste. Thumbs Up
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

lee gray
Zakatek wrote:
Bad news, European psn users won't get Flame Iori until 4th January. I'm glad i got US version. http://www.rising...amp;t=2117

that sucks, do you get a choice then with whether you use US or UK store ?

Zakatek
If you have pal KOF XIII you have to buy the dlc from EU psn. Dlcs aren't region free:( I have US version of the game.
Edited by Zakatek on 08. December 2011 17:30

Bullet
As promised, although I'm a little late, just a bit busy lately.

Here is my pic of both versions with soundtracks.

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about using specific controllers for ps3, but I think its kinda crazy to expect them to patch or care about someone wanting to use a ps2 controller. Does anyone honestly think they should support controllers for a machine that came out at the start of the 2000's?
Sure, my custom hori real arcade pro for ps2 doesn't work, but I'm not really worried about it, I would have been pleased if it worked, but not surprised it doesn't.

Anyway, I'm loving the game, just wished I had more time to dedicate to it, as it's incredible in every regard.

i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/DSC06397.jpg

i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

lee gray
nice, the us version soundtrack is better packaged than the uk one, doesnt even tell you the tracks

reelmojo
Not that this matters to most of us, but there is a KOFXIII demo on XBox Live now. Hopefully anyone who was on the fence about the game will play the demo and run out and buy it. It lets you play as Team K' and Team Fatal Fury... how many other fighting game demos let you play as six characters!?

Jump to Forum: