Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 2353
Thread Info
There are 757 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIII
Murikov
I just come from playing this jewel for a couple of hours and I simply remain blown away! The graphics with all these details and especially the gameplay is as smooth as I remember from playing the Arcade version back then, or even better!

All these included modes provide hours of fun and challenge, be it by playing the Arcade mode, tackling the not so easy Trials or simply by customizing characters according to one's own taste. I also played a pair of Online matches, but I haven't been lucky to find a decent connection so far. The game itself works smoothly but I experienced quite some input lag here and there (even with 3 connection bars).

But to put in a nutshell, KoFXIII is one hell of a cluster bomb which doesn't need to hide from it's lousy competitors. To hell with them.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

neros
I really hope there will come a patch because my bigben converter dosen't work with anything I got? So it's Game Over for me Bye

The game looks and feels amazing though..!
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
lee gray
Murikov wrote:
I just come from playing this jewel for a couple of hours and I simply remain blown away! The graphics with all these details and especially the gameplay is as smooth as I remember from playing the Arcade version back then, or even better!

All these included modes provide hours of fun and challenge, be it by playing the Arcade mode, tackling the not so easy Trials or simply by customizing characters according to one's own taste. I also played a pair of Online matches, but I haven't been lucky to find a decent connection so far. The game itself works smoothly but I experienced quite some input lag here and there (even with 3 connection bars).

But to put in a nutshell, KoFXIII is one hell of a cluster bomb which doesn't need to hide from it's lousy competitors. To hell with them.

some of those level 10 trials are not worth my anger and frustrationSmile
Edited by lee gray on 02. December 2011 20:57

neros
What is the easiest way to unlock colors, and I mean of cause not by paying for it Wink
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
Running Wild
Every 10 matches you play with your team in Versus/Online Vs, you get new colors for your characters, doesn't matter if they get a turn or not.
img842.imageshack.us/img842/6448/wildsig.png

http://www.twitch.tv/runningwildvidya
NeoGeoNinja
Running Wild wrote:
Just out of curiosity though, what do you use to play KOFXIII NeoGeoNinja?

SHORT ANSWER IS...
I don't. I don't use anything, because I don't have anything readily available right now to SPECIFICALLY play KOFXIII with that is (key...) actually enjoyable to use (i.e. the DS3 is just hell for 2D fighters. Ironically I actually LIKE it for games like VF & TKN!) Shrug

Running Wild wrote:
@NeoGeoNinja - Pretty much any controller lacking a home button, which is like the most vital button on a Playstation 3 controller next to the start button, is a bad idea. KOFXIII isn't the first time non-PS3 controllers had an issue working either, my Namco Arcade Stick won't even work in Tekken 6. I went to a tournament last year and found my Namco Arcade Stick not responding, but thankfully I had a back-up stick just in case.

DISAGREE...
on the whole. The Home Button is not a big deal at all. At all. What? It allows you to power on/off the machine remotely, quit out of games remotely, set controller parameters (i.e. controller 1, 2, 3, 4 on or off etc) - ALL OF WHICH can be done via the DS3 you SHOULD have with your console as standard anyway (set to controller 2 and all the relevant features are still fully accessible). Well, that's how I 'get by' just fine, since Feb '09 Wink

Running Wild wrote:
Regardless, KOFXIII is an excellent game. I'm not gonna let some old controllers/converters without a Home button prevent me from enjoying the game becuase I have working PS3 controllers with a Home button. I can't help but laugh at people that were threatening on getting rid of the game because their cheap bootleg Sega Saturn pads weren't working. I mean really? That's lame.

WELL, THAT'S FINE FOR YOU...
if you have working alternatives that your more than happy to switch too. I, however, am one of those who do not and thus feel that I now have to spend additional cash on a new solution, when truth be told, I already have a perfectly good controller/solution right here that has worked perfectly with KOFXII and EVERY OTHER fighter available for PS3.

I'll be straight, with YOU specifically.

IF... this isn't fixed, AND in not being fixed I cannot find a workaround solution I AM happy with (i.e. if this rather expensive 'InPin' convertor turns out not to work with MY PS3 and controller of MY choice), chances are... yes. Yes, I too will be offloading my PS3 (or 360 if I had one). Why? Because, all truth told, KOFXIII was the only game in the last year+ coming out for the current gen that I was TRULY looking forward to owning and playing. Genuinely. Sure, I've bought 'this n that' in between but nothing has compared to the old school feel of anticipation in owning this title. And, like many others, the disappointment of not being able to put the game on and play it with a perfectly adequate controller for every other fighter before KOFXIII, was/is considerable.

I plan to acquire an InPin. However, before I do (as it's reasonably expensive for a USB convertor!) I should probably see IF it works with the ONLY controller I plan to use it with: The official SEGA Saturn Controller for PS2. If it doesn't, then I'm f*cked, because as has been discussed many times before, sticks/open layout buttons are NOT for me. Period.

Absolute last resort is that Hori Pad Pro thing Soniku was on about. But if that turns out to be crap, then yeah... logically, it's highly possible that I'd offload the PS3 due to a lack of interest in current gen.

Oh, and my Saturn USB pad isn't a cheap 'knock-off'... it/they(!) is/are the officially licensed SLS versions... not the one's available on eBay right now.

Running Wild wrote:
I don't care if the issue of KOFXIII refusing Homeless controllers is a problem on SNK's side or the fault of Sony's own hardware. KOFXIII is still a solid game, and if you are the least bit serious about playing it, you'll invest in some better gear. This isn't the first time something like this has happened either, you're best bet is just to move on to a tried and true tested controller.

I THINK...
you're missing the point, or should I say, we'll have to agree to disagree. Whilst I agree to an extent, I shouldn't actually have to 'invest' in fuck all. A small patch to allow the use of all STILL Sony condoned 3rd Party controllers would be more useful, for everyone. It should be a given really, considering NO warning/knowledge was issued regarding this issue prior to purchase. Imagine buying th egame for it to refuse the use of any controller outside of the PS3 DS3 and official KOF XIII stick (a shit one!). You'd be pretty pissed... "But, I have a perfectly good, top spec Viewlix Arcade stick that works perfectly with ALL other fighting games?!". Sorry, it's not supported. You need to man up and use the standard controller or Officially Licensed KOFXIII Stick @99.99 <no sympathy>. Not really the best policy, is it?

Running Wild wrote:
If you were on a Xbox360, you'd have no choice but to use a controller that is designed for usage on the system and has that guide button, otherwise, it ain't gonna work period. Converters on that system are a mess and are rarely reliable.

WHICH IS WHY...
I have always had and enjoyed playing all MY games on a PS3 > 360: lack of 3rd Party/USB Controller support. Sure, Sony have since become more unfriendly and clamped down on said support (wankers!) but my pad still works fine with everything!, Just not KOFXIII.

This is SNKPlaymore's doing. Not Sony's...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Running Wild
The InPin PS2 to USB conveter works with KOFXIII from reports I've heard, and it's good to hear that you own the real official Sega Saturn pad for the PS2. Those things are RARE AS HELL these days, and these kids blowing up over their shitty bootleg Sega Saturn USB pads piss me off. 23 bucks for a converter isn't that bad considering it's guaranteed to work and has the Home button. If you don't have that Home buttn, it becomes a bitch to sync up a controller to your system and have the game detect it (My case with my Namco Arcade Stick in Tekken 6). Most cheap generic pos USB converters go for like 10-15 bucks on ebay, whats a few more dollars gonna hurt for a top of the line quality product that is tested and trusted?

Also I strongly recommend the Hori Fighting Commander 3, it's a really solid pad, I'd rate it above the Sega Saturn pad. I use it for Mortal Kombat mostly, but I played around with it in KOF a bit, and my Power Geysers always came out on command.

If I were you though, I'd save up for a top of the line arcade stick.
Edited by Running Wild on 03. December 2011 20:47

lee gray
I own a cheap shit wrestle stick that plays the game fine, only prob with home button it doesnt take u to background to read messages and such without closing the game, as for the ps3 controller its playable using that but this is a game all neo fans defo should own.

NeoGeoNinja
Running Wild wrote:
The InPin PS2 to USB conveter works with KOFXIII from reports I've heard, and it's good to hear that you own the real official Sega Saturn pad for the PS2. Those things are RARE AS HELL these days, and these kids blowing up over their shitty bootleg Sega Saturn USB pads piss me off. 23 bucks for a converter isn't that bad considering it's guaranteed to work and has the Home button. If you don't have that Home buttn, it becomes a bitch to sync up a controller to your system and have the game detect it (My case with my Namco Arcade Stick in Tekken 6). Most cheap generic pos USB converters go for like 10-15 bucks on ebay, whats a few more dollars gonna hurt for a top of the line quality product that is tested and trusted?

IS THIS THE SAME...
Namco PS1 Stick you traded with Tony Starks? If so, that's too bad, as that is a beauty of a stick (aesthetically speaking!).

As for those SEGA Saturn Pads for PS2... yeah. I have 4x of them! 2 of which are still boxed/sealed. I've had 2 of them since release (i.e. 35 each) and then paid a little more for the extra 2 I acquired later (around 80-90 each, BUT well worth the price). Indeed, it is these that I hope work with the InPin, as they give out NO Analog single. Some games have an issue with this and thus, I hope the InPin doesn't (i.e. Super Star Soldier on PS2 requires an analog pad and the Saturn controller cannot be used!).

SPEAKING OF BOOTLEG...
USB Saturn Pads, you'll be interested to hear that my 2 are in fact, again, the official SEGA ones. I bought them in Feb '09 along with my PS3 & SF4.

Running Wild wrote:
Also I strongly recommend the Hori Fighting Commander 3, it's a really solid pad, I'd rate it above the Sega Saturn pad. I use it for Mortal Kombat mostly, but I played around with it in KOF a bit, and my Power Geysers always came out on command.

ABOVE THE SATURN PAD?...
Wow. That's quite a statement regarding the Hori pads quality. I must admit, it does interest me. Funny how you reference the Power Geyser as an unofficial test. My 'official' test for all controllers is a set-up followed by Kyo's (KOF '02) staple: QCF+C, HCB+C, F+C, Dp+C. The tightest combo I know for timing Wink

Running Wild wrote:
If I were you though, I'd save up for a top of the line arcade stick.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE...
but I really don't enjoy using sticks at all, outside of a bit of deviation for fun. Nothing serious, like fighting games Wink

I know sticks are the 'way to go' yadda, yadda, however... I'm perfectly happy using pads, I don't play for money and am happy with where I am in terms of fighting game capability. I have no need to inconvenience myself with learning a stick Smile

Ninja

Running Wild
NeoGeoNinja wrote:Namco PS1 Stick you traded with Tony Starks? If so, that's too bad, as that is a beauty of a stick (aesthetically speaking!).

Yeah, that's the one. I mainly just use it on my PC when I'm playing on GGPO or Supercade. My laptop is a bit funky with detecting TE sticks, only 1 of my USB ports will detect it properly. I also have a 2nd Namco Stick which I plan to eventually mod down the road, possibly with a PS360+ PCB if they ever become available again, along with Sanwa parts.

I really like the compact size and weight of the Namco.

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Wow. That's quite a statement regarding the Hori pads quality. I must admit, it does interest me. Funny how you reference the Power Geyser as an unofficial test. My 'official' test for all controllers is a set-up followed by Kyo's (KOF '02) staple: QCF+C, HCB+C, F+C, Dp+C. The tightest combo I know for timing Wink

Hori did pretty good with the Fighting Commander 3, it's a very comfortable pad and the buttons are slightly bigger, has the six button layout plus triggers.

If I can do a Power Geyser or a Ryuku Ranbu motion no problems, then it's all good, especially if I'm able to combo into them.

That move you listed though is just Kyo's Dokugami, not really a true combo lol. If I was using Kyo I'd go for something more like j.C, s.C, qcf+HK, HK, hcb+HK, qcb, hcf+P.
Edited by Running Wild on 04. December 2011 13:01

Zakatek
I play KOF XIII with my HRAP 3 SA it's perfect to me. Headbang 2

Running Wild
I kinda wonder why SNK doesn't have Hori do licensed sticks for KOF. They've done sticks for like every fighting game, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Dead Or Alive, BlazBlue, Street Fighter, Arcana Heart...

No, instead we get shit like that Nuby King Of Fighters 2001 stick.
gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/nuby_kof_stick_big.jpg
Edited by Running Wild on 04. December 2011 13:05

lee gray
Running Wild wrote:
I kinda wonder why SNK doesn't have Hori do licensed sticks for KOF. They've done sticks for like every fighting game, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Dead Or Alive, BlazBlue, Street Fighter, Arcana Heart...

No, instead we get shit like that Nuby King Of Fighters 2001 stick.
gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/nuby_kof_stick_big.jpg

That is just one ugly shape.....I liked the MOTW old style one and the Mai Shiranui one, hated the orochi one.

NeoGeoNinja
NeoGeoNinja wrote:Wow. That's quite a statement regarding the Hori pads quality. I must admit, it does interest me. Funny how you reference the Power Geyser as an unofficial test. My 'official' test for all controllers is a set-up followed by Kyo's (KOF '02) staple: QCF+C, HCB+C, F+C, Dp+C. The tightest combo I know for timing Wink

Running Wild wrote:
That move you listed though is just Kyo's Dokugami, not really a true combo lol. If I was using Kyo I'd go for something more like j.C, s.C, qcf+HK, HK, hcb+HK, qcb, hcf+P.

IT IS A TRUE COMBO...
based on the command list for the character HOWEVER, I DO know what you're saying. I always use this 'Dokugami' (as you term it!) as my test as it is, in my experience, by far, the tightest combination of inputs I have experienced this side of KOF.

The combo you suggested has more breathing space (esp. QCF K,K) and is a little easier to perform in my experience, thus, not the most suitable test for my input needs Pfft

'Dokugami' on 2002 @ near 100% execution or bust for me! Cool

Ninja

Running Wild
Ninja you gotta know the difference between a "combo" and a rekka.

If you want to test your input execution...

Then do Geese's Raging Storm, or better yet, Duck King's Break Spiral.
Edited by Running Wild on 04. December 2011 17:49

lee gray
Because my home button doesnt do what it should, I just plug in my second controller and play with my stick and use the second controller for the home button so no probs.
my team of choice against CPU is Andy, Mai, Raiden

NeoGeoNinja
Running Wild wrote:
Ninja you gotta know the difference between a "combo" and a rekka.

If you want to test your input execution...

Then do Geese's Raging Storm, or better yet, Duck King's Break Spiral.

HAHAHA...
yeah, I guess your right.

Although, I'll admit, I always considered a rekka to be the repeated input of the exact same input (i.e. Fei Longs rekka).

Hmmm... Raging Storm is never an issue, but that Break Spiral? I don't know if I've ever pulled that off lol!

Ninja

Running Wild
Man SNK ain't Capcom, they got their own style of rekkas with different follow-ups yo! Comboable command grabs. Deadly Raves.

Hell, SNK even does Dive Kicks different. We got Dive Punches!

GeeseTheDuck
Ah, Amazon France finally got more supplies and shipped the game!
Seems like it was yesterday the first XIII footage was revealed
and one would keep checking each day for any new team confirmations on the game's page...

img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
lee gray
glad you got it shipped, im suprised france stocked it after sll the ppl in france stage are fat pigs lol

Jump to Forum: