Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 2353
Thread Info
There are 757 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIII
reelmojo
I read that thread on the Atlus forums and man are those forum mods being dicks! First they tell you to "man up and buy a real stick." Okay, we'd probably be fine with the game not supporting our controllers if that information was on the box and an explanation was given. And they tell us, smugly, to buy a stick that's actually meant for the PS3... then they fail to address this again when someone points out that SNK's own officially licensed NeoGeo Stick doesn't work with the game! Sure, maybe Atlus wasn't the company this issue should have been brought to, but the mods are a direct line to their customers and they're giving absolutely shitty customer service.

I'm this pissed about it and I don't even own a PS3!

I'm still under the impression that this was just an oversight on SNK's part, since all of these controllers work on every other SNK product on the PS3 (which even includes KOFXII). Afterall, I don't think testing the game with unlicensed controllers was probably a top priority, and when it comes to the NG stick they probably only tested the second version which does have a home button and reportedly works just fine. In other words, I'm sure a patch is coming. Getting a patch through Sony's approval process takes time though, so hopefully you guys don't have to wait long.

The real reason this sucks? We're talking about controllers and assholes when we should be talking about how freaking awesome the game is.

And it is. Awesome.

I hope that converter works for you, Ninja!

neros
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
neros wrote:
Somebody that will like to try this what Murikov suggested ? Please..

SORRY NEROS...
it doesn't work mate. Just tried it, and variations of that method this morning, without avail.
Ninja

Damn! Sad news..But thanks for trying I don't have the game jet so can't try it. I hope your converter will do the trick then.
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
SSJ_Sonikku
Tried the method today, and no go. I do hope that SNKP/Atlus releases a patch to address this.

In either case, I'm getting Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro, which is licensed by SONY as well.

NeoGeoNinja
SSJ_Sonikku wrote:
In either case, I'm getting Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro, which is licensed by SONY as well.

I'VE LOOKED AT...
this rather interestingly designed pad you speak of here Soniku, and whilst I am quite curious about it, its a bit to expensive to buy one, effectively just to try it out.

I'll be interested to hear about your findings about it though Smile

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

lee gray
http://psnprofile...rstand-now
completed all story mode

i got a bad back now from playing too much

Murikov
I suppose I have to bridge the time until the release of a proper patch with my Hori FS3. If still no solution can be found and as an offset to my current NG Stick 2, I seriously would consider get a newer one called Neo Geo Stick 2+. I think SNKP was referring to that one when they replied to my e-mail earlier.

The only significant difference to it's predecessor is the addition of the PS Home Button which should have belonged there from the very beginning... :facepalm:
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

lee gray
the neo pad is the one i would be most use to as i love the feel of that neo cd style pad
http://www.shopnc...adusb.aspx
Edited by lee gray on 26. November 2011 19:18

NeoGeoNinja
Murikov wrote:
I suppose I have to bridge the time until the release of a proper patch with my Hori FS3. If still no solution can be found and as an offset to my current NG Stick 2, I seriously would consider get a newer one called Neo Geo Stick 2+. I think SNKP was referring to that one when they replied to my e-mail earlier.

The only significant difference to it's predecessor is the addition of the PS Home Button which should have belonged there from the very beginning... :facepalm:

TOTALLY...
feel your pain on this Murikov. Quite frankly, the whole situation borders on being both ridiculous and offensive at the same time!

Just had a look at the ominously titles NGStick 2'+'. Hahahaha... the 'forced' placement of the Home Button is actually laughable. Oh... why oh why have SNKP gone so far out of their way to piss me off. When all others have, I've NEVER had beef with them in the past. I really cannot forgive this though. Less so, since my lackluster KOFXII worked perfectly with my USB pad in the past. "Oversight?" ppl say? Pretty BIG f*cking oversight imo.

lee gray wrote:
the neo pad is the one i would be most use to as i love the feel of that neo cd style pad

SHIT LEE!...
That pad is $80. E I G H T Y ! Must be gold plated or sommat...

Ninja

STE C
I can see the frustration in this pad problem, although I am ok using the PS3 pad I do intend to get a Saturn pad or similar to use on it but is not a huge problem for me as I am loving the game so much and the odd not pulling off a special properly because the pad is not perfect is not spoiling my fun at all.

I am thinking now maybe this could be a turning point for SNKP, I really hope this sells enough for enough to think about taking games development serious again. Imagine a new 2D Samurai Showdown in HD or Fatal Fury, perhaps even a Last Blade.

SF4 & MVC3 can go s*ck my knob because KOF is king again.

NeoGeoNinja
STE C wrote:
SF4 & MVC3 can go s*ck my knob because KOF is king again.

Quoted for truth Headbang

SF4 feels like a fucking pensioner next to this shit, and I can even play SF4 with my 'favourite' pad... so that really says something!

As for MVC3, BlazBlue etc... >> Bargepole <<

End. Of.

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 26. November 2011 22:11

lee gray
you know what pisses me of, i just fought Ash as my 4th fighter instead of billy or saiki but i really want to unlock saiki, so reading this it means i did too many target moves then ?

however Ash stadium stage is really nice with statues

priest
Are you playing the PAL version or have you all imported the game? It´s not released in SWEDEN yet, we have to wait another weekAngry
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
lee gray
Unlocked Saiki now..... its the pal version Priest , was released in the UK yesterday

neros
lee gray wrote:

Looks good! But I'm a stick warrior so I'll go for the region free XBOX360 version together with my Sanwa.

I simply will not buy a new pad or stick when I already have those just too bad they don't work with the PS3 version Shock
My youtube channel:

www.ipaint.dk
Murikov
If you PS3 gals and guys want SNKP to work on a new patch, the following Sofware Customer Support e-mail form might help us all to find a quick solution:

https://www.snkpl.../index.php
Just leave a message in Japanese (Google Translator helps) and this way SNKP JAP realize they need to take action regarding this USB problem. The more complaints, the sooner they react.

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
TOTALLY...
feel your pain on this Murikov. Quite frankly, the whole situation borders on being both ridiculous and offensive at the same time!

Just had a look at the ominously titles NGStick 2'+'. Hahahaha... the 'forced' placement of the Home Button is actually laughable. Oh... why oh why have SNKP gone so far out of their way to piss me off. When all others have, I've NEVER had beef with them in the past. I really cannot forgive this though. Less so, since my lackluster KOFXII worked perfectly with my USB pad in the past. "Oversight?" ppl say? Pretty BIG f*cking oversight imo.

Thanks for the condolences, dude. This whole little hard-luck story really turns up to be annoyingly uncalled-for (although I still look impatiently forward to the game).

And I absolutely agree on what you said about the predecessor (which indeed worked FLAWLESSY with all USB controllers so far). Considering that both games (XII & XIII) work with the very same graphics engine, are developed on the very same hardware, etc, it really annoys me that SNKP didn't integrate the very same compatibility features into XIII, for whatever reason.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

SSJ_Sonikku
Actually Ninja, it is not that expensive at all. You'll be paying between 30-50 bucks.

lee gray
Just earned more titles Lee Gray has earned 2 PlayStationŽNetwork trophies in "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII".
What's wrong? (Silver) Perform 300 Target Actions (Arcade) This is... my victory! (Silver) Clear ARCADE MODE on VERY HARD via PlayStationŽNetwork

The more I play it, the more I like it, glad that some of the specials have a bit of zoom, Ryo slow motion is just sweet.
only thing i dislike is it sometimes feels like im playing the neo cd as some of the loads are long.

Murikov
lee gray wrote:
only thing i dislike is it sometimes feels like im playing the neo cd as some of the loads are long.

I've heard the loading times are indeed shorter if you install the game on your PS3 hard disk. Would it be possible for you to try it and tell us if it's true (I'd love to do it by myself, but my copy still hasn't arrived yet, sorry)?
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

lee gray
Murikov wrote:
lee gray wrote:

I've heard the loading times are indeed shorter if you install the game on your PS3 hard disk. Would it be possible for you to try it and tell us if it's true (I'd love to do it by myself, but my copy still hasn't arrived yet, sorry)?
I didnt know you could do that even
its defo one of my top 3 kof games along with 94 and 2000
the funny thing is a 15 year old stage with a 2011 update is one of the best ones...watching the ppl crossing the road and all the diff vehicles is fun on esaka.... also on one stage u hear this strange woofing noise at the end of a fight and i was wondering why but then you see a dog in the corner barking.... you will enjoy it when it comes

neros
Okay then tomorrow I'm gonna get the Bigben PS3 Converter and the game for PS3 will arrive on friday for the weekend. I so much hope the converter is good with no input lag.

Somebody who tried the converter jet?
Edited by neros on 29. November 2011 17:42
My youtube channel:

www.ipaint.dk
Jump to Forum: