Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 2353
Thread Info
There are 757 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIII
NeoStrayCat
NGN: Yeah, 3rd party stuff without a guide/home button wont make the accessory work, shame really.

MTS: Well, maybe, maybe not, but we'll see how many copies will be sold soon. And yes, there is a 1v1 mode, but its only limited to offline versus and training.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Kazuya_UK
Whoa Ninja, that sucks the big one, even more so that you would get that kind of response from Atlus on their forum! Annoyed With any luck there will be a patch for it, but if not you'll have to find another solution I guess:(

Possibly getting the game later today, or if not tomorrow. Can't wait!

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Murikov
I'm still waiting for my copy, but that's no wonder regarding the fact, it was sent via Economy mail. I can live with that.

What's far more alarming is the fact that, like Ninja & Stray described, all 3rd Party controllers without a Home button appearently don't work. And sadly this also includes the official PS3 Neo Geo Stick 2 manufactured by SNKP themselves.

I've already noticed many uproars on NG.com regarding that malfunction and I understand very well if one is pi**** off when a very official PS3 product, even produced and published by the very same developer company, doesn't work.

As I own such a stick as well, I thought to contact Atlus, SNKP USA and even SNKP Japan via Customer support. The result was (as I expected) that only the Japanese branch reacted, and this was the reply (obviously in Japanese):

SNK Playmore replied:

Dear Mr. M.

Thank you for contacting our SNK PLAYMORE support center. Mr. Shimashi be charged.

The NEOGEO STICK 2 for PlayStation3 (USB) has been confirmed at operation for "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII".

Please contact us If you have any questions again.
For your patronage our future products, we thank you.

So what now, does it only work on the console of SNKP's testing department or does it really work on random Japanese consoles / games? Or did they just blatantly lie to me? Or is this all only a marketing trap to put the fans up to get the Official KoFXIII Fighting Stick which apparently should work? You decide.

HOWEVER, I won't complain about it all day like some NG.com members do as I really look forward to what SNKP made right, and this is of course the product and it's gameplay itself.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

reelmojo
Are these problems being reported on the 360 version too? If not then I'm sure it's not intentional and a patch will probably (hopefully) be on it's way so PS3 players can use their controller of choice. I for one use a 3rd party pad on my 360 and have had no trouble. It's the Mad Catz SFIV pad. I would have recommended trying the PS3 version of that controller, but if the Official NeoGeo stick doesn't work then it seems very unlikely anything else will.

Black Shroud
Dunno if it was posted there, but chinese pirates managed to patch their rip of KOF XIII arcade version (the one thats playable on PC) with content from console version (Billy Kane, Saiki, Iori with flames etc)
Screenshots can be seen here:
http://www.emu-la...#msg785528
i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/Viscelon/sign1lesser.gif

spirits.kaillera.ru
slangman
Got my copy yesterday evening, after coming home from Uni. Love those extras that came with the game.

Had a brief play through, and this seems very promising so far. Although the 360 d-pad controls are simply terrible for this game. Which makes a tad difficult for me to get used to the games mechanics. Shrug

I should also receive the KoF soundtrack today, which was sent separately for some reason.

I am sorry to hear PS3 players are having problems playing KoF XIII with a USB pad. They should release a patch.
i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/slangman2000/terry5.gif

neros
Seriously this is terrible news for PS3 owners! What the hell are they thinking? Shock

I was about to hunt down a copy for my PS3 today and play it together with my Namco PS1 stick as I always do with fighters for my PS3.

And THIS terrible news about 3rd party sticks dosen't work with the game! Damn Atlus you really have to fix this NOW!

I'm so frustrated about thisAngry
Edited by neros on 25. November 2011 13:26
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
Murikov
For gals and guys having problems with their USB controllers on PS3: While browsing through the Atlus forums I've found a possible solution:

While we wait for an official response about this issue ( because the ones we got were really childish at best, i prefer to think they were typing while drunk, and not as PR and admins from Atlus) a friend of mine told me about a game that has seemingly the same problem as KOF XIII.

Scott Pilgrim (the xbla, psn game that came out last year IIRC).

He found a fix for it. You plug your ps3 pad in the ps3 by using the USB cable you normally use for recharging it , start up the game then plug the arcade stick you want to use into another PS3 usb slot then grab the controller press the PS button and choose (you gotta be in the game for the option to appear) controller settings and reassing the controller (which should be read as 1 by your ps3) as controller 2. You can now unplug the ps3 controller and even turn it off and the game works flawlessly!

I can't try this out since i m at my parents house all this weekend for thanksgiving but i think some of you may be able to try it out.

It works with scott pilgrim because after hearing from my friend i double checked the thing on google and found another guy (Neo Alec) from Neo-geo.com suggesting the same thing.

Sorry for having wasted your time if this doesn't work with KOF XIII, i ll try it out once i come back from here sunday afternoon.

Please somebody try this out and report if it works. Pray
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

neros
Murikov wrote:
Please somebody try this out and report if it works. Pray

YES someone try it now Pray

Someone knows if the PAL version for the XBOX360 is region free?

I own a Jap 360 and live in PAL land.. I hope it really is since the PS3 version for me is a no go until Atlus get it fixed or what Murikov suggest is a go!

Actually I have a Namco PS1 stick that I use with a usb adapter for my PS3. Do you think it will work with the game?
Edited by neros on 25. November 2011 16:33
My youtube channel:

www.ipaint.dk
Kazuya_UK
I'm getting the 360 version - I have a Hori stick so I'm cool with that. On the PS3 I usually use my Neo Geo stick for the PS2, or Soul Calibur Hori stick via a usb adaptor, but if this won't work then I'm glad I opted for the 360 version really!

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
lee gray
Great game but GAME have pissed me off, pre ordered this for the 4 cd's and when i went in to get the game it came with the art cd and poster so I queried it and they didnt know so I phoned up the helpline and they said only if u ordered it online.... i might as well fucking ordered it from amazon if thats the case as cheaper

SSJ_Sonikku
Same issue happened with me with my Saturn pad w/ converters. I was ticked.

I'll try the method again tomorrow to see if I can use my Saturn pad. In either case, I'm gonna get the Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro controller.

NeoGeoNinja
Murikov wrote:
HOWEVER, I won't complain about it all day like some NG.com members do as I really look forward to what SNKP made right, and this is of course the product and it's gameplay itself.

WHICH, FOR ME...
is impossible to enjoy without the 'right' controller. Seriously, I won't be complaining all day about this Murikov... I'll be complaining CONTINUOUSLY until a solution is found, or I give in and buy an 'InPin' Wink

I've come home from a long day at work tonight and I SHOULD be looking forward to sitting down with XIII, not just tonight, but over the coming weekend too, and thanks to this pathetic little 'lock out' stunt (which is 101% pointLESS) I'm unable too. I sure as hell ain't forking out for a compatible stick, as I'd rather use a PS3 controller and, with that said, I won't really use a PS3 controller at all so... that's my current plight I'm afraid: unexpectedly fucked :(

This isn't about whingeing, complaining or being a cry baby, it's about being able to use my Saturn controller with EVERYTHING I own already on my PS3, and thus, have been using it flawlessly since SF4 hit home in Feb '09. KOF XIII, is not only the first but also, arguably, the most important game I have ever played on the PS3 and it's the first fighter to NOT support USB/Home button' less' devices??! It's small scale devastation to be honest...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

STE C
Been playing my copy for about an hour and so far its great stuff. I nearly wrote SNKP off after KOFX11 but this is a major improvement, everything feels right so far. More later after my marathon weekend session on it.

neros
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
I've come home from a long day at work tonight and I SHOULD be looking forward to sitting down with XIII, not just tonight, but over the coming weekend too, and thanks to this pathetic little 'lock out' stunt (which is 101% pointLESS) I'm unable too. I sure as hell ain't forking out for a compatible stick, as I'd rather use a PS3 controller and, with that said, I won't really use a PS3 controller at all so... that's my current plight I'm afraid: unexpectedly fucked :(
Ninja

I truely understand you ninja!! I'm very frustrated myself about this :(

Seriously you can't play fighters with a PS3 or 360 pad/controller for that matter! It's redicusly too think you gonna have the same out of any fighter playing it that way. No matter what other people say it's not true.

But there are alternatives like the Saturn usb pad and the Mad Catz and so on if you want i fighterpad of cause. But I prefer sticks!

I actually might get the Mad Catz or the Hori pad, but it depends if the game will be fixed or not.

I'm sitting here with my Namco PS1 stick and some usb adapter and can't play the game...?! It's so sad..!
Edited by neros on 25. November 2011 23:45
My youtube channel:

www.ipaint.dk
Atomduck
I picked it up today. Delved through the game with a custom team, I have to say I enjoy it quite a bit! Basically feels like SNK filled in the pot-holes that KOF XII should've been. And the CD-bonus is a nice touch too.

lee gray
Murikov wrote:
I'm still waiting for my copy, but that's no wonder regarding the fact, it was sent via Economy mail. I can live with that.

What's far more alarming is the fact that, like Ninja & Stray described, all 3rd Party controllers without a Home button appearently don't work. And sadly this also includes the official PS3 Neo Geo Stick 2 manufactured by SNKP themselves.

I've already noticed many uproars on NG.com regarding that malfunction and I understand very well if one is pi**** off when a very official PS3 product, even produced and published by the very same developer company, doesn't work.

As I own such a stick as well, I thought to contact Atlus, SNKP USA and even SNKP Japan via Customer support. The result was (as I expected) that only the Japanese branch reacted, and this was the reply (obviously in Japanese):

SNK Playmore replied:

Dear Mr. M.

Thank you for contacting our SNK PLAYMORE support center. Mr. Shimashi be charged.

The NEOGEO STICK 2 for PlayStation3 (USCool has been confirmed at operation for "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII".

Please contact us If you have any questions again.
For your patronage our future products, we thank you.

So what now, does it only work on the console of SNKP's testing department or does it really work on random Japanese consoles / games? Or did they just blatantly lie to me? Or is this all only a marketing trap to put the fans up to get the Official KoFXIII Fighting Stick which apparently should work? You decide.

looks nice that controller but im getting the cd pad version as more comfortable using that, I just hate the official PS controller so much.
got a few top 20 trophy scores so far but as we always get the games 2 days later than the states , alot of the places are already gone.
Edited by lee gray on 26. November 2011 09:04

-SD-
Mine arrived from Amazon this morning, sans Soundtrack CDs, which I'm rather disappointed about.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO‚ÄĘGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

neros
Murikov wrote:
He found a fix for it. You plug your ps3 pad in the ps3 by using the USB cable you normally use for recharging it , start up the game then plug the arcade stick you want to use into another PS3 usb slot then grab the controller press the PS button and choose (you gotta be in the game for the option to appear) controller settings and reassing the controller (which should be read as 1 by your ps3) as controller 2. You can now unplug the ps3 controller and even turn it off and the game works flawlessly!

Somebody that will like to try this what Murikov suggested ? Please..
My youtube channel:

www.ipaint.dk
NeoGeoNinja
neros wrote:
Somebody that will like to try this what Murikov suggested ? Please..

SORRY NEROS...
it doesn't work mate. Just tried it, and variations of that method this morning, without avail.

I've having a mess in practice with this game (using the, less than adept for 2D fighting games, PS3 controller) and have basically just been looking - in basic terms - at the characters, from animations, to BKGD designs, to music, to specials/supers etc.

It all looks VERY good from where I'm sat. Can't wait to eventually play it properly.

AS FOR A SHORT TERM SOLUTION...
and without checking back, I can't remember if I mentioned this earlier, I was informed that the 'InPin' PS2 to PS3 convertor > http://etokki.com...-Converter < STILL works due to an inclusion of a Home Button on the side of the convertor itself! This 'InPin' however, seems pretty damn costly to me (@ nearly £25!) so I did a search on eBay for "PS2 to PS3 Convertors" and bought myself one of these for £2 > http://cgi.ebay.c...97.c0.m619 <

NOW...
it's just a long shot, but to me, aside a differentiation in the 'Venoms' moulding, these LOOK like they could be the same unit. So, unofficially, I'm calling a "mould differentiation, on an OEM basis, in a mass market environment" scenario (i.e. SAME convertor, different case?!).

But I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'll keep you all informed. Luckily I have one of those RARE PS2 Sega Saturn Controllers to use with it, so if it is lag-free etc like the 'InPin', then there will be very happy days ahead.

Fingers crossed (to near breaking)...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Jump to Forum: