Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 2353
Thread Info
There are 757 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIII
Murikov
Zakatek wrote:
Online match video from IGN.
http://uk.ign.com...ne-footage

No online lag so far, looks like SNKP did their homework! Let's hope the retail version will show the same results.

Speaking of netcode, I tested the KoFXII netcode yesterday and realized it really sucks. I think everything new would be an improvement...
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

reelmojo
KOFXII's netcode was a lot better if you were lucky enough to fight someone in the same region as you. I had a few relatively lag free matches, and a few that appeared to take place underwater. Definitely needed improvement but it wasn't the shit storm the internet made it out to be.

Here's the second list of changes to the console version. I wonder if making it harder to combo out of a jumping attack shows confidence in their netcode? It could be that the netcode is smooth enough to allow them to make the window smaller when they otherwise would have left it more open to make online easier to play. Or, I could just be completely off the mark and making this guess solely because I'm really hopeful for good netcode!

Murikov
Another Online netcode demonstration by Atlus showed up. I think I really get confident of SNKP & publishers doing it right this time. Smile

At the same time some pictures of the US and UK pre-order CDs s were uploaded. It seems the packaging is quite different.

US Version

img812.imageshack.us/img812/3305/kofsoundtrackbundledisp.jpg
img189.imageshack.us/img189/1259/kofsoundtrackdisplaypag.jpg

UK/European Version

img542.imageshack.us/img542/5263/71602659.jpg

reelmojo wrote:
KOFXII's netcode was a lot better if you were lucky enough to fight someone in the same region as you. I had a few relatively lag free matches, and a few that appeared to take place underwater. Definitely needed improvement but it wasn't the shit storm the internet made it out to be.

Today I played some matches again and actually experienced some quite lag-free sessions as well. 4 of 10 matches worked more or less fine, and I won exactly 4 in total... Oh my.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

reelmojo
I like the look of those soundtrack CDs! I like that disc 4 appears to be the entire KOFXIII soundtrack.

And I'm actually surprised you were able to find 10 matches online! A few weeks ago I loaded up KOFXII and I couldn't find a single match. Maybe hype for XIII is driving people back to it a little bit.

lee gray
I might get a PS3 for this game

NeoGeoNinja
lee gray wrote:

PS3 YOU SAY LEE?...
why not get a 360 instead? Hmm

Still, if you DO get a PS3 & XIII, chances are we may be able to play some online VS sometime. I just need to get a good controller first though! Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Murikov
A whole trailer for the pre-order Soundtrack alone (!) has been released by Atlus, with the according track list as well. There will be truly all-time classics on these CDs, but some epic ones are missing. It can't be helped I think.

YouTube Video

CD Track list:

http://www.neogaf...count=3110

Furthermore a Korean Arcade manufacturer is going to release official licensed KoFXIII Fighting sticks for the 360. In consideration of not exactly being a fan of Western Joysticks (unlike the Japanese Ball ones) and as a owner of the splendid Neo Geo Stick 2, I'm not really keen on getting that one.

img72.imageshack.us/img72/8395/gsga4ea4c5cca2a30p1n1.jpg
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

reelmojo
They included Rose's rendition of Chopin from KOF2003! Awesome! And it's cool to see KOFXIII itself has some remixes of older songs like Arashi no Saxophone and Geese's Theme.

EDIT: I didn't think this deserved it's own thread, but it's cool so I had to post it.

www.toysnjoys.com/kof/kof13collect7272.jpg

I wish cool stuff like that was available in the US! And I really want to know who the secret figure is.

Buy them here.
Edited by reelmojo on 27. October 2011 10:08

cthulhu
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
PS3 YOU SAY LEE?...

Still, if you DO get a PS3 & XIII, chances are we may be able to play some online VS sometime. I just need to get a good controller first though! Grin

Ninja

Why not get a stick like this:
shadaloo.eu/images/xl/zombie_s.jpg

It made by a small Dutch company (http://shadaloo.eu) that let you configure the stick yourself: custom artwork, Sanwa/ Seimitsu sticks and buttons...lots of choices to be made. I'm thinking of configuring and buying one myself as they really look awesome and they use original Japanese arcade sticks and buttons.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

reelmojo
Console version changes part 3.

All the changes sound pretty good to me. Now people will have a reason to pick Raiden besides just his dropkick!

lee gray
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
lee gray wrote:

PS3 YOU SAY LEE?...

Ninja

dont really like either machines but PS3 looks nicer lol

reelmojo
YouTube Video

As someone who used Iori in every installment since '95 except for XII, I am very pleased with what I see here!

Zakatek
I can't watch the video, it says it is private :( Can someone download and upload it again?

Kazuya_UK
It worked for me yesterday but is showing private now:(

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Murikov
These days it's quite impossible to download and re-upload private YT videos. As long as the video owner doesn't set the video public again, I see no other choice. It might have been removed by the uploader due to an agreement with Rising Star Games not to show any unseen stages or DLC characters (as the unconfirmed NESTS Kyo could be seen in the old video).

The same Youtube channel uploaded as compensation another short HD video showing some Classic Iori action. Nothing new though.

YouTube Video

i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

lee gray
Im going to get a PS3 in the morning thx to this game, then i can get ssf4 too

reelmojo
YouTube Video

That is a very very basic tutorial for people who have never played a fighter before, but some of the footage is still fun to watch. You get to see Mai in her Kula tribute color scheme which is just awesome.

Murikov
reelmojo wrote:
That is a very very basic tutorial for people who have never played a fighter before, but some of the footage is still fun to watch. You get to see Mai in her Kula tribute color scheme which is just awesome.

Atlus' marketing machinery is rolling, seems like they're doing good work to promote KoFXIII.

Some info about further DLC popped up at Atlus' website, it seems that along with the known DLC characters you need to purchase background stages, user icons, custom themes or additional BGM separately. I think SNKP is exaggerating a little with their DLC policy. :(
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

NeoGeoNinja
Murikov wrote:
Some info about further DLC popped up at Atlus' website, it seems that along with the known DLC characters you need to purchase background stages, user icons, custom themes or additional BGM separately. I think SNKP is exaggerating a little with their DLC policy. :(

SO FAR...
it would seem/sound like I agree with you. If SNKP/Atlus try their damnedest to rape fellow fans over DLC'ing as much as possible, well... I won't be impressed Angry

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

reelmojo
Just about every game on 360 has user icons and themes that have to be purchased separately from the game. They have nothing to do with in game content and are just something extra for fans to enjoy. A few games do have free themes and gamer pics though, including KOFXII. The stages and music, as long as they're not expensive, won't bother me. Although honestly, I probably won't be buying music packs. If the stages are remakes of classic stages I know I'll be all over them though. I just hope they're not too expensive!

Jump to Forum: