Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 2353
Thread Info
There are 757 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIII
NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
KoFXIII was at the recent Revelations tournament and there's a ton of footage of it. Warning: the first video is over an hour long! The second one is only about 9 minutes long and features a great Andy Bogard player.

CHEERS FOR THESE 'MOJO...
I took your advice and watched the 2nd video. Indeed, the Andy player was solid and faired phenomenally in the 2nd match.

I'm really impressed with the pre-edited colours so far. VERY nice indeed and it saves me, I think, from craving a colour edit feature to add some visual excitement. Of particular note, King with Black hair looked phenomenal and Andy 'looked' to have a Ninja Mask!!! I could be wrong of course... oh, and I was totally digging the green team sync too!

Murikov wrote:
Beside the new modes and better netcode that article didn't exactly mention any new ingame features like new characters or stages... I hope SNKP and Atlus will put their backs into the console version for implementing a few new chars. I can't wait for it! Pray

reelmojo wrote:
Murikov, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't add any new characters or stages to the console release. Hell, I wouldn't even be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's KoF so more fighters are always welcome and quite a few of my favorites are still not on the roster, but just having the game come home is enough for me at this point. Then again maybe we'll get lucky and Atlus will push for new characters. It'd kick ass to see Oswald or Yamazaki make the cut!

ABSOLUTELY...
I'm totally with you on this one 'Mojo. Luckily this time around, the game looks to be a complete enough an experience to bring home near 'as is'. I'm also just grateful that this is arriving on 360 and PS3 seeing as we were hearing horror stories not long ago about employees sleeping under desks and the threat of an Arcade only release.

Extra characters or stages would be cool BUT considering each character takes approx 6 months to produce (understandably) I wouldn't hold my breath OR be disappointed.

I'll be honest though... there's no one that immediately springs to mind that I feel is missing from this iteration, as they have already gone and included Mai, King, Yuri, Takuma, K, Kula etc... pretty much ALL major inclusions. And I've probably missed some too!

HOWEVER...
if I WAS to go and name my long term (preferred inclusions) it would go a little something like this:

As a team...

97 Team:
Yamazaki
Blue Mary
Billy Kane

Individually speaking...

In order of importance:
Heidern
Jhun
Yashiro
Lin
Kisaragi
Vanessa
Shingo

I would also (dreaming!) love to see:

Orochi Iori - basically what Kusanagi used to be to Kyo (normal speed, original moveset)
Kensou! - one of my all time fave characters since 95, butchered beyond recognition. I'd like to see the original reinstated, but it'll never happen! :(

Ninja
(p.s. would like to see some MOTW's inclusions one day too... JHoon, DHwan & Rock)
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Black Shroud
KOF XIII arcade ver was leaked for PC like yesterday (repeating the route of BlazBlue Continuum Shift leak earlier), which means it too gets a lead over actual console release. Also, even people who had slowdown with BBCS on their PC, report that KOF XIII runs ok.

"PC version" Screenshots

i.min.us/jdx9KW.jpg
i56.tinypic.com/35lw7zp.jpg
i039.radikal.ru/1106/b6/aecc4fe250a4.png

You can find several confirmation videos here

http://www.snk-ne...hters-XIII
Edited by Black Shroud on 16. June 2011 08:58
i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/Viscelon/sign1lesser.gif

spirits.kaillera.ru
Bullet
I have one word for that... LAME.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

reelmojo
That would probably run at about a half a frame per second on my computer.

Also, anybody who pirates it on their PC and doesn't end up buying it legally is a fucktard. SNKP needs the support of people who like their games so that they can keep producing them! That's why I tend to try to buy their games when they're new instead of waiting for a cheaper price or buying them used.

I watched some more of that footage I posted. Not all of it yet, but I'll get around it to because it's very fun to watch! One non-gameplay thing I have to say about the game though... that stage with the elephants in the background is gorgeous! I'm loving all of the new stages actually, as well as the entire graphical presentation. Alternate colors for character not just being palette swaps is pretty ingenious. Ninja Mask Andy is so badass!

hitorkori
So true reelmojo if its pirated before release then snkp are gonna pull the plug which is a shame it looks great il buy a pal copy if it comes out in uk as i aint got stick on ps3

Also, anybody who pirates it on their PC and doesn't end up buying it legally is a fucktard. SNKP needs the support of people who like their games so that they can keep producing them!

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Also, anybody who pirates it on their PC and doesn't end up buying it legally is a fucktard. SNKP needs the support of people who like their games so that they can keep producing them!

hitorkori wrote:

I'D HAVE TO AGREE THAT...
anybody who pirates it on their PC and doesn't end up buying it legally is a fucktard. SNKP needs the support of people who like their games so that they can keep producing them!

Ninja

Murikov
reelmojo wrote:

hitorkori wrote:

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
anybody who pirates it on their PC and doesn't end up buying it legally is a fucktard. SNKP needs the support of people who like their games so that they can keep producing them!

Now let's be really serious (and I mean SERIOUS) that...

i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

reelmojo
My most quoted post ever? Maybe someone from SNK hacked your accounts to help drive the point home? Grin

There are a lot of combo videos suddenly showing up on Shoryuken recently, which leads me to believe that at least a little good is coming out of the pirated version. The tournament community is getting a chance to practice before the game comes out, since God knows they can't just go to an arcade to practice anymore.

Bullet
AGREED...

Anybody who pirates it on their PC and doesn't end up buying it legally is a fucktard. SNKP needs the support of people who like their games so that they can keep producing them!

And.. Let's not forget to hug Atlus for stepping up a publishing this beast!!!

marktheshark
You guys would probably consider me an F-tard & maybe stone me to death, but I don't even have a 360 Arcade Stick (they're too pricy!) & my regular 360 controller is not gonna work for this kind of game. I obviously don't have a PS3, so PC is the only option for now (the Arcade is quite far from where I live).

If SNK didn't want this game dumped on PC's (obviously they don't). Then why would they even release this game on the Taito Type X-2 Board when they could've (and should've!) released this game directly to the consoles & to the PC?
Edited by marktheshark on 18. June 2011 23:38

NeoGeoNinja
marktheshark wrote:
You guys would probably consider me an F-tard & maybe stone me to death, but I don't even have a 360 Arcade Stick (they're too pricy!) & my regular 360 controller is not gonna work for this kind of game. I obviously don't have a PS3, so PC is the only option for now (the Arcade is quite far from where I live).

If SNK didn't want this game dumped on PC's (obviously they don't). Then why would they even release this game on the Taito Type X-2 Board when they could've (and should've!) released this game directly to the consoles & to the PC?

DO YOU ACTUALLY...
even want any one of us to greet this answer with a response given the complete lack of logic involved? Questioning SNK's choice, use and validity of the Taito boards in relation to them primarily being in the Arcade industry as opposed to just porting straight to home consoles/pc's etc? Surely, from a business perspective, the choice makes clear sense??

I've read MANY of your posts before, and I'm not being 'ageist', but for a (now) 17yr old, your VERY intelligent and switched on, especially when it comes to the gaming industry on the whole.

As such, I'm really surprised by your (unnecessary) response here in this thread. And, I'm not 'really' having a go either. To DL and play KOF13 on your PC is your OWN choice. Fine. But your reasons to back up this choice (seeing as it was always going to be a controversial one here on a dedicated SNK & NG fan/supporters site) aren't wholly legitimate in my eyes...

Ninja

Bullet
I'd better see pictures of the 360 or PS3 version of King of Fighters XIII from EVERYONE who claims to be a SNK fan. Import or Domestic, I don't care. That's right , you heard me. I don't care if your only system is an Nintendo 64. You go out and buy that game and support them. I don't care if you have to wait to buy the system KOF 13 is on.
You buy it and when you buy it, you'll hold it and love the packaging. You'll look at it every day, longingly, til the day you get to play it.

You've got time to get your shit together.
Edited by Bullet on 19. June 2011 05:33

NeoGeoNinja
Bullet wrote:
I'd better see pictures of the 360 or PS3 version of King of Fighters XIII from EVERYONE who claims to be a SNK fan.

MATE, I'LL BE HONEST...

KOFXIII is the ONLY reason I still have my PS3 (OR if it were a 360... a 360) as a gaming platform. It has me by the balls. If it had come to light that this game was NEVER hitting home, I think it would've been sold by now. Sure, I like a few games on it... but a few in 4 years isn't anything to shout about.

Even better? I'll probably end up with JAP AND PAL releases Wink

I EVEN punished myself by playing SSF4 last night, just to remind me of why my life needs XIII so badly...

Ninja

Zakatek
I'll get KOF 13 at it's launch. SnkP would better put some extras like characters, stages, game modes and most importantly solid online play. Even though they will make a direct import of the arcade version i will buy it just for supporting SnkP. I think it is still a great fighter without extras. My pc can't handle pc version btw.

GeeseTheDuck
marktheshark wrote:

I didn't get my arcade stick until just recently, and yes, i did use emulators to play fighters so that i could use my PC pad, but you know what? I still bought the games, didn't even get a NTSC-J PS2 until two years after i bought my first japan exclusive game.
You know why that is? I've got a conscience and couldn't enjoy the games knowing i was stealing that which someone put effort, time and money into, so even if i couldn't even play the games, i still bought them to give at least some justification to my actions.

As for your last statement,
A: they released it for the arcade because the arcade scene is still going in Japan
B: it is a better way to measure how much the ports would sell
C: Location test so that they could put the finishing touches on the balance

As for you thinking having a game released officially for the PC would change anything,
look at SFIV.

Anyways.
I for once would not 'stone you', all i can ask is that, if you enjoy this game,
please give SNK.P your support and buy this game when it comes out.
SNK.P've had a lot of difficulties on the gaming front,
and we long time fans don't want to see them bite the dust again
and would like to see many more games from them in the future.
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 20. June 2011 18:10
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
reelmojo
I understand not having an arcade stick for the new consoles. As an alternative, the SFIV pad works absolutely perfectly and is not too expensive, especially if you buy a used one off of Ebay. I bought mine with BlazBlue and I have used it on every fighting game I've played since. The 360 version even works on PCs, so you can use it with emulators!

Pad Review

I unfortunately have the Chun-Li model since it was the only one available at the time.

Black Shroud
Battle Fantasia, KOF98 UM and I think few more titles too surfaced on the net as "PC dumps". Guess that means all Taito stuff will eventually follow.

spirits.kaillera.ru
reelmojo
Yeah, after BlazBlue: Continuum Shift leaked I really thought companies would stop using Taito Type X2, or at least Taito Type X3 would come out and be more than just a PC with easily hacked copy protection.

Honestly though, I have to admit that if I had a new enough PC I'd be all over the "PC version" right now. I'd still preorder the game for my 360 when the time comes, but I can't in good conscience say that I wouldn't want to play it early. It'd be nice to know how to play well enough to be competitive online right when it comes out.

...then again I suck at KoF so that probably wouldn't happen anyway.

Black Shroud
Well the system requirements for dumps are low compared to playing same games on, to say, PS2 emulator, so by now they are most popular amonst people with weaker PCs.
And so far, 21 games were leaked:

Arcana Heart 3
Battle Fantasia
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
BlazBlue Continuum Shift
Chaos Breaker
GigaWing Generations
Homura
King of Fighters 98 UM
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A
King of Fighters XII
King of Fighters XIII
Matrimelee Matsuri (newest Power Instinct game)
Otomedius
Raiden 3
Raiden 4
Shikigami no Shiro III
Spica Adventure
Street Fighter IV
Taisen Hot Gimmick 5
Tetris The Grand Master 3 Terror Instinct
Trouble Witches
Edited by Black Shroud on 26. June 2011 08:35

spirits.kaillera.ru
merlin
I don't see anything wrong with downloading KOF XIII if people do also buy the console version when it's released. If people download the game instead of buying it (and can afford to) then that's obviously not right.

I've been playing Chaos Breaker on my Asus EEE Box mini PC hooked up to my TV and it runs perfectly despite the system being not very powerful. I may possibly get rid of my PS3 since I only bought it to play that game.

Jump to Forum: