Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 2353
Thread Info
There are 757 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIII
hitorkori
just got my account charge from shopto.net so hopefully get this on weekend !Grin

Zakatek
I will get it tomorrow Honfu

reelmojo
Good news for those looking forward to online play. I have had many matches today that were much much smoother than my initial experience. I've had a few laggy matches, but nowhere near as bad as yesterday, and I've had a few matches that were virtually lag free. Yay! KOF with good netcode! I am finding the feature where you can practice while waiting for a match useless though, since a new challenger appears way too often to even get a little bit of practice in. But obviously the fact that it's easy to find opponents can't be considered a negative!

I am loving Kensou in this game! I've always kinda liked him but this time he might even have a spot on my permanent main team. I used color edit mode to make him look like Dao Long from Breakers which of course makes using him a million times cooler (yet makes me really want a new Breakers sequel!).

It's too early to tell, but this could honestly be my favorite KOF of all time. SNK (and Atlus) clearly love us, as every inch of this game oozes awesomeness. It really feels like if they had an idea for something that would be cool it made it into the game. I mean, the manual doubles as a flip book for Christ's sake! I'm not kidding!

slangman
Yay, shopto.net just informed me that my game has been dispatched this afternoon. I hope it arrives tomorrow, or at least on Friday.

I can't remember the last time I have been this excited to receive a brand new game. Smile
i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/slangman2000/terry5.gif

SSJ_Sonikku
Got KOFXIII the on release (had it preordered) and it is absolutely great! Hyper Drive mode is much easier to combo into than Max mode of KOF2002 and its updates.

-SD-
Hopefully Amazon will post mine later today so it'll arrive Saturday morning.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO‚ÄĘGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

NeoGeoNinja
SSJ_Sonikku wrote:
Got KOFXIII the on release (had it preordered) and it is absolutely great! Hyper Drive mode is much easier to combo into than Max mode of KOF2002 and its updates.

THIS IS INTERESTING...
to hear. Does it work anything at all like the critical counter in XII? I actually found that to be a little unrefined, but quite cool!

I'm guessing Hyperdrive pretty much lets you cancel any moves into one another repeatedly, similar to the Custom Combo system in SF Alpha/Zero 2... whilst being able to finalise with a MAX move? Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
I'm in a real pickle here, as I'd love to play this game. KOF XIII looks great and I've heard great things thus far ...but... there is no way I'm paying for a $300 console just to play one game. I am a sad panda...
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
I'm in a real pickle here, as I'd love to play this game. KOF XIII looks great and I've heard great things thus far ...but... there is no way I'm paying for a $300 console just to play one game. I am a sad and sorry f*cking excuse for an SNK fan. I really am. No... really. HEY! Im being serious! *SIGH* Whatever... I'm gonna go repeatedly stab myself in the face now with a newly sharpened HB pencil, just until I feel ill from either blood loss or lead poisoning. Maybe even both. Who knows? See you around...

Fixed Wink

reelmojo
2D, I know you have no interest in modern gaming, but I think if you got a 360 you'd be pleasantly surprised at how many classic style games you can get for it. Not counting classic ports there's still plenty of SNK games, Rayman Origins, Outland, Limbo, Galaxy Wars, and that's just off the top of my head.

Ninja, yeah HD mode is very similar to a toned down version of Custom Combos.

And if anyone figures out the conditions to get Human Saiki to challenge you in Arcade Mode let me know. You have to beat him to unlock him and I can't even get the bastard to fight me!

NeoStrayCat
To get to fighting Ash/Billy/Saiki, here are the conditions.

Billy or Saiki will challenge you before the 4th stage depending on how many Target Actions you perform.

For Billy: 20+ T.A.
For Saiki: 35+ T.A.

Ash can also be challenged before the 6th stage and will need more than around 50+ T.A.'s.

Note: Although these are just prime estimates, I've read through Gamefaqs to notice this, but I, at least, unlocked Billy and Saiki the same day.
---------------------------------------------------------
Unrelated though, at least the consoles will be on sale soon, so yeah...
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 24. November 2011 06:37
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
reelmojo
Cool, thanks! I kept getting challenged by Billy but I was focusing on trying to get perfect victories and Neomax finishes thinking that was probably how to activate Saiki. Looks like it will be much easier than that! Oddly, I have had Ash challenge me so I was probably pretty close to getting Saiki to fight me that time.

Kazuya_UK
Still waiting for it... meh. Should have it tomorrow or Saturday - tomorrow is the official release date for the UK. Can't read too much of this thread as it's making me jealous! Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
reelmojo
Unlocked Saiki. He's another character I'm adding to my rotation for online play. I still haven't tried everybody but I can seriously see my main team possibly being Kensou, Andy, and Saiki. Andy is fucking awesome, and he looks so badass with that ninja mask on. I will never use his maskless version again.

Zakatek
Got the game today and it's fantastic.

SSJ_Sonikku
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
SSJ_Sonikku wrote:

THIS IS INTERESTING...
to hear. Does it work anything at all like the critical counter in XII? I actually found that to be a little unrefined, but quite cool!

I'm guessing Hyperdrive pretty much lets you cancel any moves into one another repeatedly, similar to the Custom Combo system in SF Alpha/Zero 2... whilst being able to finalise with a MAX move? Hmm

Ninja

HD is kinda custom combo mode, if you played any form of KOF2002, then you know what it is. There is one element of critical counter that was added in HD mode that makes it much better than the original MAX mode. When you cancel your attack into HD mode, you'll automatically dash forward. From there, you do whatever you want.

GeeseTheDuck
Man, French Amazon just sent me a message that my copy won't be sent out until around December 15th...
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
SSJ_Sonikku
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
SSJ_Sonikku wrote:

THIS IS INTERESTING...

Ninja

HyperDrive mode is nothing like Critical Counter mode from the previous game. The cancel effect, or Hyper Drive Cancel, applies only to Special moves and EX Special moves. From there, you could repeat (depending on the moves etc), or even super cancel/Max Cancel.

marktheshark
Got a few questions about this game:

Since this is being published by Atlus in NA, will this game have a limited print run in that region?

Also, is there a 1-on-1 mode?

NeoGeoNinja
I ACQUIRED THIS GAME YESTERDAY...
or Thursday, after work to be precise, but haven't had a 'proper' chance to embrace it's awesomeness yet. Why, do you ask?...

AS IS PERHAPS...
common knowledge around here, I AM a pad player. I don't despise sticks or anything, I just don't enjoy using them nor can I actually use one effectively.

So here's the picture: I get my new Deluxe Edition of KOFXIII from my mates shop (he received delivery yesterday) after work, and was physically wetting myself with the anticipation of playing this game.

I plug in my trusty USB SEGA Saturn pad (ESSENTIAL!) to fully enjoy playing this game - as I have with many other games in the past (inc. SF4, SSF4, VF5, BBlue, AH3... masses of DLC only titles etc) and scroll through the XMB menu and press X to select the game. Which I do without any hesitation. The game loads...

Cue, the rather cheesy OTT Anime-esque intro followed by the 'Press Start Button' screen. I press start to continue.

But, apparently... no. No I don't. Apparently I press start repeatedly, track and field style continuously until my thumb physically bleeds. But no joy.

Concern sets right in. Riggggghhht in.

I press start on the 'Official PS3 DualShock 3 Controller' to continue. When I finally get 'in' to the game, I go to the button config screen, set the PS3 pad to 'controller 2' and proceed to turn the controller off, thus, forcing the Saturn USB pad into the forefront. Nothing.

I then remove the USB Saturn Controller from the front of the PS3 and in doing so, a message is thrown up on screen: "Please Reconnect Controller". So, as quick as lightning I DO... I DO! But, nothing.

In desperation, I turn off the PS3 and restart it all from scratch and ended up at exactly the VERY same point: VERY pissed off.

SO, IN SHORT...
whilst I have had a quick 'dabble' with KOF XIII via the less than desirable for fighting games, PS3 pad, I had actually set this ENTIRE evening aside just to play XIII - and quite frankly was unable too. It's very difficult to put into words how disappointing this whole event has been for me vs the anticipation/expectation... but try thinking words/phrases such as: "fucking cunt" or "absolute fucking wank" and I expect your getting somewhere near.

SO, WHERE TOO NEXT?...
I, of course, like a rabid zombie infected variation of Johnny 5, hit the net pretty hard looking for any info I could gather as soon as possible. And... it appears I am NOT the only one left out n the cold. In fact, I'd say that there has been a 'bit' of an uproar about this, as many PPL's USB based controllers/adaptors have been omitted from being able to be utilised with KOFXIII.

PPL who even posted (in the US) their concerns on Atlus' forums were greeted with a 'deal with it' attitude laden response from the site admin and a 'man up and BUY a stick or GTFO' mentality... from Atlus themselves. Very professional, I must say Roll Eyes

I think *many* are hopeful, or are indeed forwarding their concerns to the relevant parties in HOPE of a speedy patch which should enable 3rd party USB support - as per EVERY OTHER fucking fighting game, neigh, game ALREADY DOES ANYWAY on the PS3.

This, whatever it was, was a VERY shitty move and quite honestly, had me wanting to eBay my PS3 off with immediate effect! because, I'll be honest: KOF XIII is the ONLY game I have truly been harbouring my PS3 for. It certainly wasn't for Uncharted 3 (etc).

THERE IS A SOLUTION...
perhaps, for in the meantime. A small USb device called an 'InPin' - which in effect is a lagLESS USB to PlayStation 2 convertor - which reportedly still works just fine, and even supports a built-in shortcut to access the home button via your home button-less pad.

BUT... whilst this IS good news, it certainly puts any fire out I have right now for XIII. I can't really describe how disappointed I am.

VERY will simply have to do.... :(

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 25. November 2011 05:27

Jump to Forum: