Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 2353
Thread Info
There are 757 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIII
reelmojo
Just a few quick videos showcasing Saiki's unique skills. His Neomax looks insane.

Slutty
My main only makes a cameo:( Although I will still be buying it. Hopefully it is an improvement over XII. I already have my team picked out for this one. I am staying positive.
i193.photobucket.com/albums/z225/Side_ScrollR/sluttysig-1.png

LIFE_IN_2D
Slutty wrote:
My main only makes a cameo:( Although I will still be buying it. Hopefully it is an improvement over XII. I already have my team picked out for this one. I am staying positive.

Hmmm I'm kinda curious who your main is and team is, of course.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 13. August 2011 19:19
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Murikov
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Slutty wrote:

I suppose it must be her:

img717.imageshack.us/img717/8792/cameojenet.jpg

Speaking of cameos, there are shit loads of others.

www.sabworks.com/mboard/Kofcameos.jpg
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

reelmojo
I can't tell who some of those are. I love the Yamazaki wanted poster though! Not only is it a cool touch, it actually does a good job of explaining why he's not in the game. A wanted felon probably wouldn't enter a public fighting tournament.

The appearance of dead characters in the background of a canon game is a little odd, but it's hard to argue against seeing Shermie again. Then again if they really wanted Shermie, Yashiro, and Chris to come back to life they could pretty easily explain it. Just say "Blah blah blah power of Orochi blah blah," and it'd be hard to argue against.
Edited by reelmojo on 14. August 2011 09:22

Slutty
Murikov wrote:
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Slutty wrote:

Good guess! lol. Yes, B. Jenet is my main. My team for XIII as it stands now. Is Kula, Joe, and Ash. I will probably switch out Ash as a main in my team though for someone else. My team for XI is B. Jenet, Kula, and Mary.

Slutty
Murikov wrote:
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Slutty wrote:

Good guess! lol. Yes, B. Jenet is my main. My team for XIII as it stands now. Is Kula, Joe, and Ash. I will probably switch out Ash as a main in my team though for someone else. My team for XI is B. Jenet, Kula, and Mary. I also switch out Mary or Kula quite often to make room for Momoko.

reelmojo
SNKP just released 9 character specific videos that just basically show you what their special moves are. Rather than link to all 9, I'll just post Siliconera's story that has all 9 videos in it.

neros
Seriously why are the characters so damn small this time around?
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
GeeseTheDuck
neros wrote:
Seriously why are the characters so damn small this time around?

Frankly, i found the zoom of XII to be rather annoying when it came to zoning,
or just footwork in general.
They could have kept the zoom i think, just made it a bit less extreme,
a la Samsho instead of AOF.
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 17. August 2011 20:14
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
RiKo
I dont think I have commented on this before. Its hard to tell from videos but it looks like it plays very well. That is the important thing. I cant see it appealing to many new players in the same way that SFIV did (because it went back to basics). But maybe many of those players are now ready to step up to a more complicated fighting game? i hope so.

The backgrounds I have seen so far are ok, although i was hoping for a bit better quality overall. There are some really bland ones with almost no detail in them. Why? The ones with crowds or people in the background are much better. but i was hoping for some non-looped animations a bit like in SFIV. I know thats much more work with bitmapped graphics but you know....its a professional game. Maybe I need to see more backgrounds because this guy disagrees with me (from a review on the net) :

The backgrounds are SOOOOO good. The amount of depth they have visually is great and really hard to describe besides the word “QUALITY!”. The Elephant stage (sorry I don’t know their actual names..) looked so real, to me they looked like they were motion captured. Another was the England stage (I’ll call it that for now) with the buses in the background. There was so many vibrant colours and things happening, it was totally engaging, to see and feel like there are people who are actually watching the fight and not just standing in the background for the sake of it.

I thought the England stage was very good too. There do seem to be a few stages where they just repeat background elements. Also on some stages I feel a disconnect between the characters at the front and the background elements. I think this is because there is too much distance between them. You didnt get that feeling on the old KOF games. where everything was much closer.

I did like the zoomed in view on KOFXIII but I like this view as well although i think i would have liked it zoomed in a tiny bit more because the screen looks a bit empty at times especially now we all have widescreen TVs.

As for the music - it sounds ok but from a brief look through various videos all I can remember some anonymous upbeat jazzy tracks. I havent heard anything iconic yet:(
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
TF73
Do anyone know if there will be a collectors edition of some sort?

reelmojo
They haven't announced a Collector Edition yet as far as I've seen. But preordering from Gamestop does get you a massive 4 cd soundtrack.

TF73
reelmojo wrote:
They haven't announced a Collector Edition yet as far as I've seen. But preordering from Gamestop does get you a massive 4 cd soundtrack.

Just checked out Gamestop's homepage in Norway and the game is not even on the pre-order list. So guess we wont have that sweet deal here.

Murikov
TF73 wrote:
reelmojo wrote:

Just checked out Gamestop's homepage in Norway and the game is not even on the pre-order list. So guess we wont have that sweet deal here.

Rising Star Games will publish KoF XIII throughout Europe, even in the Nordic countries. At least that's what Yen Hau of Rising Star Games said. I assume you have to wait a little while until it's out for pre-ordering.

YouTube Video

After all there will be a PAL Collector's Edition as far as I know, any extra or bonus content isn't confirmed yet. Maybe Rising Star Games just take over Atlus' offer to include the soundtrack, don't know.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

TF73
After all there will be a PAL Collector's Edition as far as I know, any extra or bonus content isn't confirmed yet. Maybe Rising Star Games just take over Atlus' offer to include the soundtrack, don't know.[/quote]

I was hoping they would do something similar as they did with the Australian Collectors Edition of KOF XII. But replace the figure of Terry with MaiWink
Edited by TF73 on 30. August 2011 17:40

reelmojo
Here's more of those videos that show off each characters' special moves. Classic Iori is included!
Edited by reelmojo on 08. September 2011 05:09

Murikov
reelmojo wrote:
Here's more of those videos that show off each characters' special moves. Classic Iori is included!

To actually see the '95 Refinery Stage with all animations is a real feast for the eyes, awesome! You noticed there's Rocky from Robo Army in the scrap heap in the right background?

Speaking of new stages, SNKP added the classic Mr. Karate Stage from Art of Fighting 1 to the iOS version of KoFXIII. I suppose this will be high likely in the console version as well.

img190.imageshack.us/img190/7397/wwwdotuporg1999248.jpg

EDIT: There's a leak of information that EX Kyo (the NESTS saga one) and Mr. Karate will be the 2 unknown remaining DLC characters. A little bit unoriginal imo as there was already a Mr. Karate color pattern / outfit for Takuma.

img691.imageshack.us/img691/2844/snkkof13dlccharactersre.png

I assume this pic is legit, as these artworks match with the silhouettes in the Arcadia magazine article.

img708.imageshack.us/img708/2844/snkkof13dlccharactersre.png

So that's why SNKP added the Mr. Karate Stage and the already known '96 Japan stage.
Edited by Murikov on 11. September 2011 11:20
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

hitorkori
pre ordered what the hey looks sweet Smile

SSJ_Sonikku
I preordered the game a while ago. I am super excited for KOFXIII!

Jump to Forum: