Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 2353
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIII
reelmojo
Gamespot interviews Kei Yamamoto.

Nothing shocking but still kinda interesting. I like that story mode is going to be deeper than just arcade mode. KOF has always had a great story but it was damn near impossible to follow without resorting to just reading about it online.
Edited by reelmojo on 31. July 2011 20:54

joewolf
Check out this sceenshot from Amazon. Looks like we're going to get Vanessa (yah!!), Ramon, and Blue Mary.

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71wCqhfEP4L._AA1500_.jpg

GeeseTheDuck
It's from that fancy 'story mode' thingie they've been teasing about.
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
NeoGeoNinja
joewolf wrote:
Check out this sceenshot from Amazon. Looks like we're going to get Vanessa (yah!!), Ramon, and Blue Mary...

JOEWOLF...
I have no idea who you are, but you have managed a staggering 5 posts in the last 18 months! Clap

However, thank you for bringing this screenshot to our attention. Seems your logic would hold water; Vanessa, Ramon & Mary - based on that pic, although I'd trade ALL of them to have Heidern every single time.

Still, chuffed to have Mary, nice to have Vanessa and Ramon is a waste of animators time, money and creativity - thus translating into a complete waste of time for the player/consumer too - as he's dog shit. Never mind, eh? Maybe... just maybe they'll do something half useful with him? Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
Vanessa AND Blue Mary?!!?

SSHHHWWINGGG!!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

reelmojo
I'm pretty sure Geese is right and these are cameos from the story mode. Playable Heidern would be epic though.

joewolf
GeeseTheDuck wrote:

I always thought story mode was just cinematics about your characters between matches. So if you play Terry, then you see cinematics about Terry. And if you play Vanessa, Mary, and Ramon, then you see a story about them. No?

If not, then this screenshot is just a big tease with no pay off. Grr...

GeeseTheDuck
joewolf wrote:
GeeseTheDuck wrote:

I always thought story mode was just cinematics about your characters between matches. So if you play Terry, then you see cinematics about Terry. And if you play Vanessa, Mary, and Ramon, then you see a story about them. No?

Apparently, this
i.imgur.com/KjZum.jpg
Is the Story selection screen.
Seems like it's quite special since you just don't chose teams like you usually do
(Kinda gives me a Blazblue vibe).
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 03. August 2011 18:12

Murikov
joewolf wrote:
GeeseTheDuck wrote:

I think it's a nice move of SNKP to give all these cameos a chance to appear at least in a cutscene.

Furthermore, I don't think that all hope is gone. At least the Japanese trailer says that along with Billy Kane, Saiki and '98 Iori "more characters are following as well". We hope for the best!
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

reelmojo
That team select screen for story mode has room for two more teams... interesting.

GeeseTheDuck
I can imagine that one of those will be for Ash's part (unlocked after beating all the others?)

reelmojo
Ah, I didn't notice Ash was missing from that list. Yeah, he definitely has to have an unlockable story since this whole story arc revolves around him. Billy and Saiki are missing too. I just hope the unannounced characters have story modes but if not it's already shaping up to be pretty awesome.

Bullet
Some quick Billy Kane combo videos.

http://www.silico...ters-xiii/
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Murikov
According the newest Arcadia issue, at least two new characters will be released as DLC.

Rumors are told that Classic Kyo could be one of them, as the '96 Japan stage will be included as well (in contrast with Classic Iori and his '95 Refinery stage).

img155.imageshack.us/img155/2269/newchars.jpg

Speaking of Iori's '95 stage, a new screenshot turned up, showing it in it's full awesomeness. The old USA team can be seen sometimes in the background as cameos.

i54.tinypic.com/2hz332g.jpg

Or check out our old Savage Reign/Kizuna protagonist Sho Hayate in the Kyokugen Dojo.

i54.tinypic.com/2wm2gk5.jpg
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

NeoGeoNinja
Murikov wrote:
Speaking of Iori's '95 stage, a new screenshot turned up, showing it in it's full awesomeness. The old USA team can be seen sometimes in the background as cameos.

i54.tinypic.com/2hz332g.jpg

NOT A WORD I THOUGHT...
I'd ever find myself typing for all to see on a forum, I'll be honest, however that above screen shot is absolutely 'Jizz Worthy'! Just like it says in FF3 when you encounter Yamazaki, unintentionally: *ACCIDENT!!!*

I HATE DLC...
but JUST for KOF XIII I will definitely make an exception. Definitely...

Ninja

reelmojo
Words cannot express the awesomeness of the Iori '95 stage. KOF'95 was the first SNK fighter I really fell in love with and Iori was my favorite character so if there was any one stage I wanted updated in HD is was that one. Also, we have Classic Iori, Billy Kane, and The Refinery... how could they not give us Eiji to complete the package?

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Words cannot express the awesomeness of the Iori '95 stage. KOF'95 was the first SNK fighter I really fell in love with and Iori was my favorite character so if there was any one stage I wanted updated in HD is was that one. Also, we have Classic Iori, Billy Kane, and The Refinery... how could they not give us Eiji to complete the package?

ALL OF THE ABOVE ^

100% agreed. Although FF1 & FF2 were my SNK 'first loves', it was the 95 era with the fantastic KOF 95, SS3 & RB1 that really nailed SNK home for me on a more serious level.

For them NOT to include Eiji now would seem a tad illogical imo too considering all the other 'components' are ready an din place Wink

Ninja

slangman
Nice how SNK-P are adding quite a bit to the 360/PS3 versions. It was one of the main reasons why I was impressed with the PS2 port of King of Fighters XI. That remake of Iori's 95' stage makes me wanna drool.

Too bad they just had to go down the DLC route. I'd be a bit more excited if all of this was already included in with the game. Just annoyed that's all. Annoyed
Edited by slangman on 05. August 2011 17:29
i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/slangman2000/terry5.gif

reelmojo
Got a few videos to post. The first is actually one out of 12 videos of the KOFXIII tournament held at EVO2011. Keep clicking through all 12 to see the whole tournament.

YouTube Video

Don't have that much time to spare? Here are highlights from the tournament.

YouTube Video

And here is a link to a video explaining the various gameplay systems we'll all be familiar with in a few months time.

HYPE! Andy

Bullet
Yeah, it was good to see this game get some love at Evo and I'm sure it'll be a featured game next year.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Jump to Forum: