Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 2353
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIII
Bullet
A clear shot of the character select screen. click to enlarge.

i44.tinypic.com/mi2mns.jpg
Edited by Bullet on 25. March 2010 16:48
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

NeoGeoNinja
ALL LOOKS/SOUNDS...
pretty good thus far. All these 'extra' fighting modes (so to speak) sound quite interesting as well! Not sure about...
HexElf wrote:
-4 New stages: Bus Terminal (United Kingdom), Sumo ring in fall season, Jungle in the sunshine, Maharaja.
...because, if I was honest, I really didn't like any of the stages or music in XII, so adding to them doesn't really do it for me. Id've liked to have seen some new ones myself.

STILL...
fingers crossed. Still seems a bit off the mark though to me somehow. I think it's probably the case of, had the 'original' (XII) been a solid complete game originally, then it wouldn't need many changes to the sequel to make it that much better (new BKGD's, new boss, extra team etc) BUT when the add so little to a game that really wasn't all that to begin with (at least imo)... then, I find it difficult to get excited about unfortunately. Like I said: fingers crossed!

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 25. March 2010 18:14
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

HexElf
Stray
- SBO is like the grand daddy of Japanese tournaments.
- I am pretty sure you're thinking about Beni's is Raikouken (ie lightning ball) but Yuri does have a Rai-Oh-Ken (or Raiouken) which would be her jumping fireball. Doing two during the ex version means she took another page out of the shotoclone handbook to mimic Akuma's double air fireball.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
HexElf
And yeah, I was getting so hyped up about SSF4 since there was nothing else coming out but now KOF13 jumped in and utterly destroyed that hype! I want my KOF-styled EX moves nooow!

Keita-Kata
I'm already looking forward to KOF XIII since that Mai and Yuri is in the game, so as King.

YouTube Video

I'm so excited about this game.
Edited by priest on 25. March 2010 19:52
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

HexElf
news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/249/249228/c20100325_kof13b_31_cs1w1_640x360.jpg
news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/249/249224/c20100325_kof13b_27_cs1w1_640x360.jpg
news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/249/249229/c20100325_kof13b_32_cs1w1_640x360.jpg
news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/249/249223/c20100325_kof13b_26_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

STE C
As the Ninja says fingers crossed I expect this to be better to be honest and I admit I am getting mildly excited.

priest
White Angel: I edited your post to make the youtube link more "presentable", hope you donīt mind...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
HexElf
news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/249/249154/c20100325_kof13a_17_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

Keita-Kata
priest wrote:
White Angel: I edited your post to make the youtube link more "presentable", hope you donīt mind...

No problem Priest, I don't mind. I'm still new here.
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

HexElf
It looks like they are trying to make real 3-man teams this time and from the looks of it we could expect people like Takuma, Vice, a south town character (the rumored Hwa Jai? Duck King? Mary?) and three surprise characters that could very well be all new.

I could bet my soul there's gonna a be a boss fight too. HD Rugal anyone?
The hype machine is pumping full blast on this one, it's gonna take a huge toll on SSF4 for me, that's for sure.
Edited by HexElf on 25. March 2010 20:01

Atomduck
Hate to sound negative but...- this isn't really impressive. When they showed off KOF XII, it looked really good. I really miss the zoom in camera that SNK is known for, the shrunken sprites make it look like a good flash game. Even the presentation looks ugly (XII while it had barebones options had really clean presenation.) Maybe its just shock value, but I was way more excited for XII (sadly dissapointed) than for XIII... I'll have to see who else is on the roster. Glad Mai is back though.
Edited by Atomduck on 25. March 2010 22:07
I wanna ride the King of Fighters Roller Coaster. :(

bojan4o
hmm first was mai now somebody looks for k' well what do you want lol
by the way i think kof XII was great played it at the arcades a while ago and it is great without mai

also i read somewhere that the producer (i think it was ok the guy who is giving his money to see this game in work) stated that if this game doesnt succeed kof will be death well i dnt know if this is speculation or not but is very disappointing so guys make this game succeed

any way i cant wait to see this game out and to see the final story of the ash saga thats the most exiting and the game it self but i wish we could've seen the kof stor in a good movie at least in an anime
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Bullet
And it looks pretty clear that Mukai , Shion and the Bernsteins may show up.

news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/249/249144/c20100325_kof13a_07_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-05/art/kof03-mukai.jpg

news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/249/249146/c20100325_kof13a_09_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/249/249142/c20100325_kof13a_05_cs1w1_640x480.jpg
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Raiken
Honestly, what I want from the next KOF more than anything is a story. The thing that disappointed me in XII wasn't really the lack of content, it was the fact that it was just another dream match and it didn't even have a final boss. I missed having cutscenes that were relevant to the actual KOF storyline.
oi39.tinypic.com/2mzw2rs.jpg

Black Shroud
Something tells me it will be like this:

-SNKP desperately seeks for headswap possibility (given the KOFXII sprite production time)
-They remember their old stuff with clones, doubles, and stuff like playable Amakusa and swapped boss Dark Amakusa in same game
-Dark Ash is made via quick headswap of Ash, and appointed to be the boss (next comes the classic original vs clone / clone vs evil clone rivalry)
-Since storyline revolves around Those from the Past (also shown in intro), who have a mysterious leader, Dark Ash may very well be that leader.

This can offer such explanations
-Ash doesnt likes Those from the Past because they are commanded by his nemesis (Dark Ash)
-He also knows that they plan to implant their leader with Orochi powers, so to beat him he needs to be implanted with powers that can beat Orochi (the Three Treasures), so that explains his quest for Three Treasures' special powers.
i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/Viscelon/sign1lesser.gif

spirits.kaillera.ru
HexElf
I find your lack of faith in the SNKP disturbing.

Yao
HexElf wrote:
I find your lack of faith in the SNKP disturbing.

Vader!

bojan4o
black shroud i think you got it all wrong ash is the same guy just the dark ash is unmasked you know acting polite and all that and i think he was gathering the powers of kyo iori and chizuru to summon orochi and no one to seal him ever again well thats my opinion and maybe the story will be quite opposite of this
and i hope that he will take kyo powers and then terry and ryo stood up and fight for friends powers (that would be great) or they unite to fight against the full restored orochi and to safe the world lol that was a loud of crap and sorry for bothering
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

HexElf
I always thought that if Ash successfully captures Kyo's flames as well there's still a whole team of backups that would be cool to see springing into action. K' wields the kusanagi flame as well, Leona is a 'converted' orochi just like Iori, and finally while there is no one left with the yata mirror they could throw in Kula and her 'anti-kusanagi flame' power!

Jump to Forum: