Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: GeeseTheDuck
Thread ID: 2257
Thread Info
There are 34 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 9224 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What did you originally come to this site for?
reelmojo
Wow, I haven't responded to this yet?

I came to the site long before I ever joined the forums. It was probably 2003 because I clearly remember news posts about KoF '03. Anyway, I had recently discovered that the NeoGeo was emulatable and since I was on a dial-up connection I couldn't just download any rom that interested me by name alone so I needed some reviews. Kaz's reviews on here were extremely in depth and really helped me pick games I ended up loving but might not have downloaded until years later like Waku Waku 7 and Blue's Journey.

As for why I finally joined the forum a few years ago, well that was partly because I had no online forum to call home anymore after leaving OCR due to the overall amount of negativity around there. Also my love of SNK was growing stronger by the day so I came back to the site to read more reviews. I don't know why I looked at the forums but the general tone of this place is so opposite of the rest of the internet that I joined up and haven't really been on any other forum since.

I just looked back at my introduction thread and it seems I waited about two weeks to even post so you can tell I was a bit hesitant to even start posting on another forum. Also... for some reason I listed that I own Capcom Vs. SNK for PS2... which doesn't even exist. Not sure what I was thinking or why no one called me out on it! Hmm
Edited by reelmojo on 10. October 2010 05:25

NeoGeoNinja
CountMetal wrote:
Good question I had been a Neo Geo fan since the first time I played it back in fall of 92. Ever since then I love playing Neo Geo Games from World Heroes to the King of Fighters. Also I would like to meet chicks that are hardcore Neo Geo Fans Grin

*COUGH*
Don't we all? Grin

There are actually a few knocking around NGFL btw! Angela is the most prominent we have as she's a chick AND she's totally into the NEO•GEO and games in general! Wink

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Murikov
Malcom666 wrote:
I originally wasn't planning on joining this site for a while, but some drama took place in the Neo Geo.com forums which involved one of my friend's photobucket account being posted by another member & that's when it got really messy

Hi and welcome to NGFL!
I've heard from other sources that NeoGeo.com is generally pretty "messy" in some aspects Grin
Why don't you present yourself here?
http://www.neogeo...forum_id=2
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

NeoGeoNinja
Murikov wrote:
Malcom666 wrote:
I originally wasn't planning on joining this site for a while, but some drama took place in the Neo Geo.com forums which involved one of my friend's photobucket account being posted by another member & that's when it got really messy

Hi and welcome to NGFL!
I've heard from other sources that NeoGeo.com is generally pretty "messy" in some aspects Grin

MURIKOV...
don't waste your pleasantries on 'Malcolm' mate... as 'he' is just a SPAMbot! Someone... please put Malcolm out of his misery! Pfft

Ninja

Murikov
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Murikov wrote:
Malcom666 wrote:

Hi and welcome to NGFL!

MURIKOV...
don't waste your pleasantries on 'Malcolm' mate... as 'he' is just a SPAMbot! Someone... please put Malcolm out of his misery! Pfft

Ninja

Damn. And I already thought how strange it is for a SNK fan to put stock market links in his signature... Today's SNK fans go economic? Wink
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

priest
NeoGeoNinja wrote:MURIKOV...

Ninja

Done and DONE!
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
deank93
I was mad keen of the 2D fighters in my local arcade in the early 90s and got round to treating myself to an AES system about 6 years ago but sold it on but having got the bug again I'm looking to get back into ownership so did a few google searches and found myself here....lots of info to the point where my wife is getting annoyed at me spending so much time reading up on game reviews and searching Ebay for a new system!

Raiken
I was just getting into SNK games and was looking for info. Not too long after I started posting in the forums and writing reviews for Kaz's site.

vampyremike
hah I love the Shadowrun avatar, I play the table top from time to time and love the genesis ,360,and snes versions as well =)

www.segacduniverse.com
SteveDave
First came to get info and reviews and after a while I joined up. Plus the mall arcade where I live got rid of their MVS units so I needed refuge Grin
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

TF73
Originally came here after searching for a site with reliable reviews for AES games.
After reading a bunch of reviews I bought a console and now I have also become a member.
Seems to be a lot of nice people here with good interest in retro gamingSmile

NeoGeoNinja
TF73 wrote:
Originally came here after searching for a site with reliable reviews for AES games.
After reading a bunch of reviews I bought a console and now I have also become a member.
Seems to be a lot of nice people here with good interest in retro gamingSmile

YEAH...
welcome to the site TF73!

Glad to hear your liking here at NGFL.

Why not introduce yourself in the 'Arrivals & Departures Lounge'? We'd like to hear more about you and your passion for the NEO•GEO!

Here's the link: http://www.neogeo...forum_id=2

Ninja

M-Kof
I joined to this site because I am a big fans of SNK game Smile.
When I search on google about Neo geo game, I saw a interested review from Kazuya about King Of Fighters 02' and Maximun Impact.

Then I joined and I'm so happy to be a part of the NGFL Family Grin.

That's my story.
Edited by M-Kof on 09. March 2011 11:17

boogiepop
I came for the reviews and the hardware guide, then came to the forums for recommendations and whatnot. I remember getting a lot of advice from Kaz, candycab, and the rest of the crew at the time and based my purchases on that.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Jump to Forum: