Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: The eccentric cat
Thread ID: 2247
Thread Info
There are 35 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 7492 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
GotW suggestions *update*
The eccentric cat
Open to any suggestions for GotW right now. Since, again, my choices aren't going to go well with everyone else's. ^^;

Just post any game (be it NGPC, Neo CD, or AES/MVS) you wish to be GotW. Simple. :3

Pochi and Nyaa - 3

Robo Army - 2

Captain Tomaday - 1
Edited by The eccentric cat on 15. March 2010 23:33
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

reelmojo
I'm gonna nominate Rage of the Dragons, because I only played it once years ago and I don't really remember anything about it.

The eccentric cat
K...

Samurai Shodown 2 - 2

Rage of the Dragons - 1

Ah, I took your SS vote, Stray. Only one game per vote, sorry ^^;

The eccentric cat
Ah, ok. I just wanted to clarify any misunderstanding. ^^;

STE C
Either of those games should make for good GOTW , I would like to see Metal Slug 5 as a GOTW in the near future as well as MS4 as these games seem to attract a love/hate relationship with NG fans.

Will
I think the time has come for a shooter game in future. Be it "Last Resort" or "Zed Blade", but personally I'd like to see "Last Resort". I have every confidence its priority will be coming very soon.

merlin
I'd like to vote for the wonderful World Heroes 2. The first Neo Geo game I bought and still one of my favourites.

NeoGeoNinja
I PREFER...
Rage of the Dragons BUT my vote goes to Samurai Shodown 2!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

reelmojo
Looks like it's probably gonna end up being SS2. I'll probably download RotD soon anyway since it's one of the biggest NG games that I'm not familiar with. Plus, maybe playing some SS2 will help me either A: grow to like it, or B: pin point exactly why I don't like it.

That's right, I don't like it. But don't jump down my throat just yet! ...wait to do that in the GotW post. Wink

EDIT: I just realized that the next GotW is going to be number 50. It's probably best that it goes to SS2 then since that was such a landmark game for SNK and the NeoGeo.
Edited by reelmojo on 13. January 2010 01:14

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Looks like it's probably gonna end up being SS2. I'll probably download RotD soon anyway since it's one of the biggest NG games that I'm not familiar with. Plus, maybe playing some SS2 will help me either A: grow to like it, or B: pin point exactly why I don't like it.

That's right, I don't like it. But don't jump down my throat just yet! ...wait to do that in the GotW post. Wink

EDIT: I just realized that the next GotW is going to be number 50. It's probably best that it goes to SS2 then since that was such a landmark game for SNK and the NeoGeo.

I'M WITH YOU...
ReelMojo. I don't not like SS2 BUT I would play every other SS before it (before Tengu cries *BROKEN!*). Yep, balance issues aside, I like 3 & 4 best and due to MY OWN nostalgic reasons, prefer to play SS1 > SS2. Also I just prefer to play SS5 & 6 > SS2 as well as I prefer SS3 onwards graphical style and gameplay changes.

I CAN ONLY GUESS...
and not in a bitter way, that SS2 being Arcade only and Neo only up until SSAnthology for PS2 has affected my feelings towards the game. I know it's considerably better than SS1 BUT I had SS1 for my 3DO all those years ago and got acquainted real quick in the living room! Same happened with SS3 (onward) on PS1 & Saturn etc too. I missed the boat. Now time has gone by I have my fond nostalgia for SS1 forever and also the genuine beauty and preferred gameplay of SS3 & SS4 onwards. SS2, through no real fault of my own, slipped through my net. So now I take it at face value, and for me personally, SS2 feels more like SS1 than SS3>, and as much as I'm fond of SS1, I really don't like the feel of the gameplay or the characters at all in comparison to 3 & 4. Same goes for SS2 as well.

STILL...
I'm looking forward to SS2 making GOTW so I can read about PPLs history with the game and what it is today that still makes it the best in their opinion!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

The eccentric cat
Uahh, I missed a lot of these votes. o.o;

Samurai Shodown 2 - 3

Rage of the Dragons - 1

Metal Slug 4 - 1 (we'll cover the prequel first ^^; )

Last Resort - 1

World Heroes 2 - 1

Thanks for voting, everyone~ ;D

shion
How about Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum some time? What a shame this gem has been practically invisible to the gaming world since its release. The plot is a comi-tragedy! Smile

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
HexElf
I agree with Super Tobalman, especially now that the "HD remix" is coming for the 360! More NGBC to the people (and a PS3 port already god damn it!)
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
merlin
I'd like to make a suggestion too about GOTW. When we first started this one of the ideas was that we would occasionally cover a few SNK games that aren't Neo Geo or NGP. We did have Crystalis on the Nes as GOTW quite some time ago but I think it'd be nice occasionally to cover a few more early arcade and console games by SNK such as Ikari Warriors, Prehistoric Isle in 1930, Alpha Mission, Guerilla War etc. These games don't really get discussed much here so it'd be nice to take a closer look at them.

Will
It has indeed been ages since we've had a non-Neo-Geo SNK game. Not to mention, we've never had a highscore challenge for one. I would like to see P.O.W. - Prisoners of War as next in line (preferably the arcade version, but the NES version is okay).

Shiny
Rage of the Dragons. I love how merciless that game is... no learning curve, round 1, nut up or shut up.

SS2 should surely be close to the tail end of all GotWs, being the best game evaR.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

NeoStrayCat
OK guys, this thread is back, upon retrospect, it seems Cat has covered all the titles voted here (Except Metal Slug 4, but League Bowling is awesome anyway.) Other than that, its time to vote!

Although, I won't decide to vote for the next one yet, I'll let you guys think about it after a couple of your replies.
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 23. February 2010 11:05
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
RiKo
I feel like Fatal Fury Special Smile or an HSC if GOTW has been already done.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Will
Now that Last Resort has had its turn, I believe Puzzle Bobble 2 could come next.

Fatal Fury Special has been combined in GOTW with Fatal Fury 2 since its a remake of the game, but I don't know about the HSC.

NeoStrayCat
FFS has now been intergrated for a HSC with FF2.
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 25. February 2010 02:17
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Jump to Forum: