Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Klarkus
Thread ID: 2240
Thread Info
There are 39 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6988 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Tekken 6
Klarkus
I used to be REALLY into tekken 5 and I was pretty good. I mainly used steve and kuma but because DR came out steve got messed up and I never got a PS3 so stopped playing Tekken.

Ive just picked up tekken 6 and i have no idea why i didnt get it on release day. I love it. It feels like im playing t5 all over again lol I dont use steve anymore though Pfft

Anyone else play this?
img218.imageshack.us/img218/2194/myterrytag.gif

Kazuya_UK
I'm going to shock a few people by saying that I haven't even bought Tekken 6 yet. I know that might seem strange for me, but just lately I have had no time at all, and the little bits of time I have had for gaming have been spent on Left 4 Dead 1/2, mostly in link up (me and friends get together with 4 consoles and TV's every couple of weeks). Also on Assassins Creed 2 as I got that for Xmas and I wanted to finish that first before buying anything else.

But anyways, I will be grabbing it next pay day, especially as it has come down in price so much now. Will have to get it and give you a game some time mate! Thumbs Up

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 10. January 2010 09:56
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
sukotsuto
Heheh yeah I play Tekken 6 for my PS3. The characters I usually use are Leo, Law and Baek
Edited by sukotsuto on 10. January 2010 10:05

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Klarkus
Kazuya_UK wrote:
I'm going to shock a few people by saying that I haven't even bought Tekken 6 yet. I know that might seem strange for me, but just lately I have had no time at all, and the little bits of time I have had for gaming have been spent on Left 4 Dead 1/2, mostly in link up (me and friends get together with 4 consoles and TV's every couple of weeks). Also on Assassins Creed 2 as I got that for Xmas and I wanted to finish that first before buying anything else.

But anyways, I will be grabbing it next pay day, especially as it has come down in price so much now. Will have to get it and give you a game some time mate! Thumbs Up

Kaz

Ive just sent you a message asking if youve got it Smile yeah game have it for 22 at the minute. Im loving it man its beast!

I play Bob as my main but I like to play as lili and bruce aswell

NeoGeoNinja
TEKKEN 6...
is alright. I enjoy having a go from time to time BUT haven't really given it the amount of time I would say, if it had come out on the PS2 (as the PS3 isn't part of my games room set-up).

I main Heihachi & Jin... Characters designed to be used by real men! Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

HexElf
Look at my sig, my sig is amazing! Give it a lick...
Well yeah, I have it and the game is easily the best fighter in several years. It may have to do with how much it improved since 5.0 but whatever. Yeah Leo is the (wo)MAN! (And Asuka is really great in this too)
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Klarkus
Yeah i dont get the leo shit...what is it? I thought it was some young guy but then the long ponytail customization? WTF? Leo was my main but that just freaks me out so i changed to bob

RiKo
i used to think Leo was a guy too. Lili is my fav. me and Powerwave had a Tek 6 mash up teh other week was good fun, and we even had a Nina Vs Anna grudge match. I really like Tek 6 so far. I was worried it wouldn't be as good as tek 5 but i think its better. That level with the sheep is a bit ummm.. strange esp with the yodellling going on on the music. lol

I like that all the charatcers ae unlocked at the start (well i guess most of them anyway), so i don't have to waste my time completeting it loads of times. that was novel when Tekken 3 came out but got old very soon after.

i am a big Tekken fan, i am not very proficient yet (been playing lots off Breakers Revenge cos of the HSC) but is still good fun. Hworrang is still good too.
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Klarkus
Yeah like I said tek5 was my fave but because of DR only on PS3 i lost interest. Im glad that T6 on console is BR aswell...goood thing about it being on Xbox and PS3 is if they ever did a new version of the game it can just get updated online to make it the same as the arcade version...so no ones got an advantage when you actually go to an arcade

The characters all from start is sweet - SSF4 is going to be like this aswell, no unlocking chars.

T6 is alot easier to learn on the stick because there isnt many motions you need to press, more buttons which im used to

Nice vid

RiKo
i find it quite hard to do diagonals on my stick tho, on SFIV i never really ahd to do them. i think i find them easier on the pad, tho i wil prob get used to it after a while. I have never played Tekken with a stick before Smile

Klarkus
Same here m8. Im getting used to it now though. Its alot harder for me on SF4 because of the FADC's - i find it hard to dash

Raiken
My interest in Tekken pretty much died after 5. Maybe I'll give this one a try if I ever have the money.
oi39.tinypic.com/2mzw2rs.jpg

Klarkus
Its come down in price now aswell so i would pick it up now before it goes back up in price lol

Like I said good thing about it being on xbox and ps3 is if there is ever a new verions of it (ie blood rebellion) then they update it online. i went from T5 to T6 only because I never had PS3 to get T5GrinR

NeoGeoNinja
TEKKEN ON XBOX...
just those very words make ZERO sense to me. This is off-tangent, I know but there are just certain games that shoulda sticked to their home console... even if it is just to aid me psychologically. Like when RRacer 6 & ACombat 6 came out on the 360? It just fucked with ma head. SC4 didn't though due to the DC heritage (I haven't forgot SEdge!) and SC2 getting the multi-format treatment.

Tekken 6, for me at least, can only be played on a PlayStation. DOA eventually became M$'s answer to Tekken... it should've stayed that way IMO (as DOA was originally on the SEGA's... then PS's).

Weird I know, but there are just some games I know I would enjoy less on a 360... and vice-versa!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

RiKo
i'm happy u can get it on Xbox tho! I think Namco is happier too Smile i know what you are saying tho, but purely from a gameplay perspective if u are using an arcade stick it probably doesn't make any dif at all. Mind u Sonic being on other formats seems to be a bit of a curse. He was still good on Dreamcast! even if he was 3D. This gen seems less difference between the formats than ever. maybe we are finally moving towards one hardware format........

I think this generation has seen the loss of lots of exclusives for Sony (e.g GTA too) and to a lesser extent other companies too. I think Microsoft has let Project Gotham go now too?

Kazuya_UK
I kind of get what you mean Ninja, Tekken has always felt like a Playstation game to me, but I really don't mind what console I play it on, so long as I am getting the best version I can. From the looks of things the differences between each consoles respective Tekken is minimal.

Personally I have just picked up the 360 version as I am more likely to have more people I know playing on Live than on PSN. The only negative is the pad which I hate for Tekken, but I am planning on getting a stick for my 360 so it will be no problem when I do. Smile

And yes I was very late picking up Tekken 6 which I know may seem surprising for me, but I have been so busy lately I hadn't had time to play it so it seemed pointless spending the cash. It's good that I waited anyway because as Klark said it is now a lot cheaper than it was! Grin

Kaz

Klarkus
@Kaz - Yeah get on man we will have some games...get on SF4 aswell. I hate the PS3 pad now its too small and I hate the "trigger" buttons. Oh yeah just a quick question for the PS3 pads...what do you do when the battery dies!? That battery cant last forever so wth is up with that?

Weird I know, but there are just some games I know I would enjoy less on a 360... and vice-versa!

The main reason why its WAY better on xbox than PS3 is xbox live...the online scenario for xbox is 50 times better than on PSN. I have about 20-25 friends on xbox live that have PS3 but just neglect the PS3 because of xbox live. Its just alot online friendly...xbox live party is one of the many things which is better and the trophies for PS3 just dont seem the same.

And besides the games are exactly the same (same with SF4) and you can get the exact same sticks. Xbox is cheaper and the games are cheaper...so you can understand why people play xbox more than ps3 (especially the people who own both).

All my mates on xbox now say the PS3 is a girls console lol I was going on about buying one the other day and they all just came out with "why you getting that shit for its a girls console"
Edited by Klarkus on 15. January 2010 10:26

Kazuya_UK
Klarkus wrote:
@Kaz - Yeah get on man we will have some games...get on SF4 aswell. I hate the PS3 pad now its too small and I hate the "trigger" buttons. Oh yeah just a quick question for the PS3 pads...what do you do when the battery dies!? That battery cant last forever so wth is up with that?

The battery life is very long anyway so it's not really a concern. Saying that I did read that Sony give instructions to anyone that wanted to replace it, you just have to unscrew the pad which isn't too hard. It's the same deal with an iPod, but with that you are pretty much screwed when it comes to replacing a dying battery without sending it to Apple, and it costs a damn site more than a controller. On the other hand I've had my iPod video for 5 years now and it is still going strong despite every day use. Can't see my PS3 pads dying any time soon! Smile

PS3 is a good console so saying it is for girls is a bit dumb, but I do prefer my Xbox 360 and use it a hell of a lot more. My friend currently has my PS3 and she is keeping it until March. I must admit I haven't missed it too much other than the video streaming stuff, and that is probably what we will end up using it for more than anything when I move in with her and another friend come March. Doesn't mean we won't game on it though, stuff like Little Big Planet makes it more worth keeping in the house! Smile

Anyways let's please not get into a console wars argument and go back to Tekken 6 lol Smile

Kaz

Shiny
Yeah, who cares which console it's on, it sucks ass regardless.

Mash mash mash yawn mash

Step away from the Tekken thread, Shiny, this ain't no place for you.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

priest
(Maybe off topic and maybe already posted)

TEKKEN the movie...What do you guys think about this?

YouTube Video

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Jump to Forum: