Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 2218
Thread Info
There are 15 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3344 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
SO WATCHA WATCHA WHAT YA WANT 2010
STE C
As requested Ninja dude its my thread to ask what other members want in 2010 in terms of games.

What games you looking forward too all formats
What games you still want to pick up for older systems/retro collecting/NG
What games or systems you tempted to get or have been previously tempted to get which you may actually do this year.

Mine are

NEXT GEN hopefully 2010 will actually bring more than about 4 good games, but im hot for
Max Payne 3 he really is due a comback
Lost Planet 2
Just Cause 2
Rage ( ID Softwares new FPS )
Red Dead Redemption, loved the original XBOX one
Sega All Star Racing , its the only way we are gonna get to control Ryo Hazuki for the foreseeable future , more than likely only and last on this gen and any other . Nevermind Ryo I will always remember our special time together.

Neo Geo MVS

Metal Slug 3
Blazing Star
MOTW

TEMPTED IF I CAN GET CHEAPISH

Pulstar
Rage Of The Dragons
and any lucky bids
Contra on Megadrive
might look at a Pc Engne Duo again

Kinda interested in these Cave shooters people seem to mention a lot on here, do I need Jap 360 and are they worth it.
As for SNK I think we will be lucky to see any games from them although a new 2D Samurai Showdown would be a dream.
Edited by STE C on 23. December 2009 21:30

priest
Great thread Ninja and STEC.

IŽm thinking about getting an XBOX 360 again. ThereŽs some great deals on the Elite bundles this holiday...WeŽll see...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
merlin
STE C wrote:
Kinda interested in these Cave shooters people seem to mention a lot on here, do I need Jap 360 and are they worth it.

STE I think you would really love Cave shooters. They are pretty amazing. While I'm very happy with my Japanese 360 it's worth noting that most probably all Cave's releases from now on for 360 will be region free. Mushihime sama Futari has just been released and is region free. So perhaps you might feel it's not worth buying a Japanese 360. By the way if you are able to play Japanese PS2 games it's well worth picking up the 4 Cave shooters for that system. All extremely good games although can be a bit expensive.

I don't think I can really buy that many games this year unfortunately because I need to be a bit more careful with money. I'm hoping to add a few more PGM carts to my collection though. I'm especially keen to get 'The Gladiator' a side scrolling beat 'em up which looks amazing. Hopefully I'll get a few more shoot 'em ups for the 360 too.

Nice thread STE. Headbang

tony starks
2x Supergun projects to be completed
1x Super Famicom
1x Famicom with possibly an rgb mod.
More cps2 boards.
cps boards.
More mvs carts.
Atomiswave games (maybe)

Starks is always out

reelmojo
Obviously this list will drastically change (read: grow) throughout the year, but here's what comes to mind now.

Current Gen
Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (pending reviews, may end up being a rental)
SSFIV
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Final Fantasy XIII
Metal Slug 7 (XBLA)
KoF 2002 UM (XBLA)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Halo: Reach

PSP
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

DS
Guiana Sisters DS (import because it only came out in Europe you lucky dogs)
Dragon Quest VI Remake
Dragon Quest IX (assuming it makes it out in 2010)

Games that might not come out for various reasons but I want them anyway:
Duke Nukem Forever (or whatever they change the title to)
ChaosCode (please someone pick it up and bring it to the US!)
HalfLife 2: Episode 3
Senko no Ronde - DUO
Project Needlemouse (new Sonic game, probably won't be done in 2010)

Classic Systems
There are plenty of classic games that I'll be picking up soon (hopefully) so I won't list some of the more obvious ones that are must owns for every collector (for example: Ristar). But here's a few of the classic games that I'm looking forward to adding to my collection soon.

Genesis/MegaDrive (just bought a region free one, so suggest some imports for me!)
Castlevania: Bloodlines
EX Mutants
Flashback
Landstalker
Mazin Saga
Snake Rattle 'N' Roll
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
Blackthorne (32X)

Master System (I want the MS versions of these... not the Game Gear versions if at all possible)
Sonic Chaos
Master of Darkness
The Smurfs (didn't expect it to be so good!)
Choplifter
Teddy Boy

NES
Little Samson
RC Pro AM
RC Pro AM II
Baseball Stars 2
Batman
Zelda: Outlands (fantastic fan made Zelda hack)
Goonies II

NeoGeoNinja
STE C wrote:
As requested Ninja dude its my thread to ask what other members want in 2010 in terms of games.

What games you still want to pick up for older systems/retro collecting/NG
What games or systems you tempted to get or have been previously tempted to get which you may actually do this year...

Mainly in reference to our current gen consoles - PS3, 360 & Wii - and not even neccesarily on formats I own:
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (Wii)
No More Heroes 2 (Wii)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)
Lost Planet 2 (PS3)
God of War 3 (PS3)
Last Guardian/Ico 3 (PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Alien Vs Predator (PS3)
No More Heroes (PS3)
Darius Burst (PSP)

What games you still want to pick up for older systems/retro...
I'm after some bits to collect my personal DC & Saturn collections:
Sexy Parodius (SAT/JP)
Image Fight/X-Multiply-AG (SAT/JP)
Astra SuperStars (SAT/JP)
Silhouette Mirage (SAT/JP)
SEGA Rally+ (SAT/JP) - not priority
Street Fighter Zero 2'/Dash (SAT/JP) - not priority
Winter Heat (SAT/JP) - not priority
Virtua Racing (SAT/JP) - not priority

Bangai-Oh (DC/JP)
Daytona 2001 (DC/JP) - not priority
Crazy Taxi (DC/JP) - not priority
Crazy Taxi 2 (DC/JP) - not priority
Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure - For Matching Service (DC/JP) - not priority
Rez (DC/PAL) - not priority
Pro Pinball (DC/PAL) - not priority
MK Gold (DC/PAL) - not priority

Protector SE (Jaguar)
SkyHammer (Jaguar)
Iron Soldier 2 - Cart (Jaguar)
HyperForce (Jaguar)
BreakOut 2000 (Jaguar)

What games or systems you tempted to get or have been previously tempted to get which you may actually do this year...
I'll do a quick round-up of various fancies for the 2010 period (consoles, unattainable games because of cost, attention paid to consoles in future etc)

Possible Consoles...
PC Engine - quite fancy the bog std HuCard unit. It appeals to me more than a Duo.
Neo Geo - AES & CMVS at some point in the future. Maybe 2010, who knows?
Wii - don't own one yet, but the day TVC is released will be the TRUE test of my might! I've played the game... I truly believe it IS worth the entry fee of the console just for it!!!

Possible OVERLY expensive titles...
Jusatsushi Taromaru (SAT/JP)
Gaia Seed (PS1/JP)
BattleSphere Gold (Jaguar)

Attention to be paid to existing console libraries...
SNES & MD - there are many MANY games I still need to attain for both platforms, both PAL & JAP releases.
N64 - have pretty much all I want. Will turn my attention to refinement - cutting back on the 'fat' and reacquiring boxed versions of unboxed games in my collection
PS1 - again, will refine my PAL library whilst starting to build my JAP library. FYI the PS1 JP library is my NEXT serious collecting endeavour. My overall PS1 & PS2 collection - across the regions - will verge on ridiculous!

Alternatively (i.e. systems with a BIG '?" above them!)...
N64 - sometimes in 2 minds. Love the machine, but it's different to what I play mostly today. The pull of WaveRace, Doom64, GoldenEye, SanFranRush etc. always stops me.
Saturn (PAL) - 2 possibilities: stay or go! Thinking of having my White JP Saturn modded to run ALL games in 50/60Hz in all regions, making my Mk2 Black... redundant!
DC (PAL) - this too, should I get my JP DC modded, will become redundant! My, I'm freeing up SCART sockets and plug sockets as I type! (plus PAL DC's are built like sh*t. All my PAL DC's died, whilst my original JP one, that has seen MANY more hours play, is as strong as an Ox!)
NES (PAL) - I have around 50 games for this (unintentionally) and only ever bought it for Double Dragon 1,2 & 3... and CastleVania 1&3. F*ck it! Might as well add Ninja Gaiden too. regardless, thinking of offloading this one due to it's outstanding ability to be so unreliable and temperamental!

WOW!...
that just about covers it. Welcome to a small niggling (but constant) portion of my mind. It's in there all the time, going over and over and over. There's probably MORE... but can't think what's missing right now.

ROLL ON 2010! Headbang

STE C wrote:
Kinda interested in these Cave shooters people seem to mention a lot on here, do I need Jap 360 and are they worth it...

TO BEGIN WITH STE...
and Merlin may argue this (but logically, I doubt it!) you are best investing in the following - assuming you own these consoles... and I think you do!

Donpachi/DDP (PS1 or SAT)
DoDonPachi/DDP2 (PS1 or SAT)
DoDonPachi DOJ/DDP4 (PS2)
ESPGaluda (PS2)
Mushihemesama (PS2)
Ibara (PS2)

TRY THESE...
and if they appeal to you (you'll know BUT I recommend you try a DDP title AND another, say Mushi or ESPgaluda) then in the future, perhaps look at investing in a JP 360.

I for one love all the above games AND would love the opportunity to play said sequels (and other 360 only Shmups)... but the 360 is not for me I'm afraid. Just wish they'd make 'em for the PS3 already!

MONSTER POST... IIIIIII KNOW Shock

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Shiny
I get so funny with the money that you flaunt...

Next year I'm buying another DS 'cos I miss the one I sold. I've been looking at the PSP but (my $ony hate to one side) there's just so few good games for it.

That and another 360. It's gonna be the year of buying shit I was forced to sell a while back. Which means another NGCD too. Grin

As for games I'm not totally sure... Though I am still after the Guwange board so maybe I'll hunt that down.

RiKo
Ninja - stop messing about and get a Neo Geo AES already! Grin

me? well i pretty much have all the games i want - i would just like twice as much time so i could play more games!

I would however like Bayonetta, Modern Combat 2, Shenmue 3, Blazing Star, Turfmasters and Stikers for AES, and for more Cave shooters to come out on 360 in the UK. Also i would like the pink bullets MVS version of Last Hope for a reasonable price Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Wild Tengu
Super Street Fighter IV
BlazBlue Continuum Shift.

That's it really.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
merlin
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
TO BEGIN WITH STE...
and Merlin may argue this (but logically, I doubt it!)...
Ninja

I completely agree. That's the order I got them in. Like I said before when it comes to Cave games for 360 the region free thing is well worth taking into account especially if STE already might have a UK 360. Although I still think a J360 is worth getting they are more expensive and also potentially it might be awkward/expensive getting it fixed if anything goes wrong.

I think you should definitely get an AES this next year Ninja. You won't regret it!
Edited by merlin on 24. December 2009 15:21

STE C
Thanks for the advice Merlin & Ninja I think I will start with a 360 shooter ( the new region free ones) as I really don't want to get a Jap 360. I am aware of the earlier shooters on Jap Saturn ect but the cost kinda puts me off a little.
I know these Cave shooters don't usually come cheap , even the 360 ones appear to be pricey but I think i shall start there.

Merlin I can see you are having fun collecting your PGM stuff and from what I have see these games look amazing, now is not the time for me but I would really love one in the future after I finish some major improvements to my house ect ( bloody boiler is gonna cost me) .

Ninja looks like 2010 is another big year of collecting from the most hardcore collector I know. As Merlin said we reckon if you take the plunge this year on a AES/CMVS then you will not regret it , out of all the consoles I have collected for the NG gives me the biggest buzz. Another point not sure how the AES prices are going but MVS carts have been creeping up ive noticed on Ebay so next year might not be a bad time to start .
As for the Pc Engine again I can not recommend it highly enough Ninja and it is also a reasonably cheap console to collect for.
Edited by STE C on 24. December 2009 15:52

Midian
Lots of stuff: Star Ocean when it gets a PS3 release, same with Tales of Vesperia, God of War 3, BlazBlue 2 and I still wanna get KoFXII and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 and probably a lot more.

Half-Life Episode 3, Serious Sam 3. Lots of SNES games, and a Neo Geo cab which is never gonna happen.

I have a whole list of games I still want to get one day.

Also saving up for a new PC so that's the first thing I'm getting in a couple of weeks.
Edited by Midian on 25. December 2009 00:02
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Wild Tengu
merlin wrote:I think you should definitely get an AES this next year Ninja. You won't regret it!

Neo-Geo AES System: $400 Dollars
Neo-Geo AES Arcade Stick: $80 dollars
Art Of Fighting 2 AES Cart: $200 Dollars
Getting Your Ass Kicked By Jack Turner's CPU On Level 1 Difficulty In 1st Stage: Priceless.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:I think you should definitely get an AES this next year Ninja.
You won't regret it!

Wild Tengu wrote:
Neo-Geo AES System: $400 Dollars
Neo-Geo AES Arcade Stick: $80 dollars
Art Of Fighting 2 AES Cart: $200 Dollars
Getting Your Ass Kicked By Jack Turner's CPU On Level 1 Difficulty In 1st Stage: Priceless.

F A C T !

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

RiKo
Smile

I got another Fact

'Neo Geo is now the best 2D console ever made!'

I will say i don't think it was at the time, but now the dust has cleared, there are more still-worth-playing today AES games than any other console i think. Lots of other consoles games have lost their impact today. I play SNES for F-Zero and Umihara and Megadrive for Sonic and thats about it.
Edited by RiKo on 27. December 2009 14:13
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: