Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: bojan4o
Thread ID: 2184
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2980 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
the executive editor of gamespot talks about neo-geo
bojan4o
well here is a guy who tells the truth about the neo-geo( well the only thing that he said wrong it is that neo-geo have crappy games)

YouTube Video

Edited by priest on 06. December 2009 17:41
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

priest
Looks like "someone" discovered Youtube todayWink

...Oh and I fixed the video.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
bojan4o
priest wrote:
Looks like "someone" discovered Youtube todayWink

...Oh and I fixed the video.

haha no i was just watching random clips about snk games and in related videos i saw all of this cool videos and i thought to share it with you guys
any way thanks for fixing the video
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

RiKo
I often blow-off my Mark of the Wolves Cart LOL

i like the vid. I agree with him about the 'crappy' early games. looking at it objectively SNK released this hugely expensive + powerful Aracde at home console and then released Super Spy, Blues Journey, Ninja COmbat for £150 a pop! All of which are bettered and then some by SNES games. He is also right about all the excellent fighters, but he needs to talk more about Metal Slug, Blazing Star, Shock Troopers, Puzzle Bobble, Magical Drop etc (+ MOTW). nice vid! Grin

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Powerwave
i think were all guilty of blowing on the cart at times. nice to see a guy so high up with so much enthusiasm for the console
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

tony starks
bojan4o wrote:
well here is a guy who tells the truth about the neo-geo( well the only thing that he said wrong it is that neo-geo have crappy games)

YouTube Video

Old vid but a good one at that. Fan boy mode off please, yes Neo-Geo did have some crappy games like Rico mentioned there is no console on earth that does not have crap releases.
Starks is always out

merlin
I can remember seeing this one a while back. It's nice to see someone being so enthusiastic about the Neo Geo but I think he's a bit obsessed with the fighting games and in my view doesn't fully appreciate all that the Neo has to offer. Also I'm shocked that he said Blue's Journey was crap. Even if you thought it was a bit average surely 'crap' is a bit harsh? A classic game IMO.

Glowsquid
I like how he says that the console only became good when "it stopped making crappy shooter and platformers and turned to fighting games". Obviously, Ragnagard is better than Metal Slug.

RiKo
you ar rigth merlin about Blue Journey not being crap. I think the price tag though at the time kind of made people call it crap, cos you could get Sonic or Mario for a fraction of the price on less powerful systems. i think it ok though.

yes he does like his fighter glosquid, he sounds like he likes the console a lot though!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Yes I can see your point RiKo. When there were plenty of great platform games on other systems available for a fraction of the price I can see why people may have felt Blue's Journey wasn't worth it.

It was strange when he blew into the cart. Never even thought of doing that myself. It's not as if it gets dusty in there. Hmm

Yao
I really like this guy Smile
He pretty much feels the same way about the NeoGeo as I do. Best console ever made period

NeoGeoNinja
NOW IF HE'D HAVE SAID 'FILLER' TITLES...
I think we would have all agreed, yes Merlin?

HAH...
to be honest though, aside those few ACTUAL gems I agree with the guy. The SNK NEO•GEO is IMO all about the fighting games first and foremost. Sure, they're are some stinkers (GowCaizer & Fight Fever immediately spring to mind... more so than Ragnagard even!) but the Ratio of quality fighting games to bad one's is amazing! And there's TONS of 'em to get through too... and some quality obscurities too (WW7, Breakers, FHDynamite etc).

AS FOR...
the 'other' genres... I'm sure he didn't really mean Metal Slug to be honest (or BStar,PStar, Vpoint etc) but more so the likes of Ninja Combat, Blue Journey, Super Spy etc. I know the Neo has some fan faves like Crossed Swords and Magician Lord too... but in all honesty, regardless of how cheap they are, I would only buy them at the end of my collecting... after investing in the HUGE fighting library available on the Neo... as fillers! (yes, that includes Sengoku 2, Robo Army, Magical Drop etc). Infact, chances are I wouldn't even bother buying them myself. I think Last Resort is the only filler-esque title I'd bother with. In honesty Blue Journey looks shocking!! I'm sorry. Sorry to sound so OTT and offensive but, I'm simply just playing 'Catchphrase' here: "say what you see".

Thinking about it, I may create a mock list of the NeoGeo games I'd actually buy, and post it. Similarly a list of games that wouldn't be seeing my money too. Should prove interesting? Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

merlin
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
NOW IF HE'D HAVE SAID 'FILLER' TITLES...
I think we would have all agreed, yes Merlin?
Ninja

LOL I think it was actually me to blame for first using the term 'filler'. I just think that the Neo Geo has a lot to offer besides fighting games but it depends of course on what genres you're interested in. For example the Neo Geo is excellent for sports and puzzle games but perhaps they aren't genres which appeal to you Ninja. I enjoy pretty much all genres of arcade game. I'd say that even for someone who isn't interested in fighting games a Neo Geo is still well worth buying.

You should post that list of AES games you'd like to buy Ninja. I'd be interested in taking a look at it. I can understand why you're put off getting an AES with the prices of games but I think it'd be a shame being such a big SNK fan if you missed out on owning one. Some of your favourite games like Fatal Fury 2, KOF '95 and Samurai Shodown 3 are pretty cheap to buy for AES. I'm sure the ports are perfectly fine but it's nice to play them on the original hardware.

NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:
You should post that list of AES games you'd like to buy Ninja. I'd be interested in taking a look at it. I can understand why you're put off getting an AES with the prices of games but I think it'd be a shame being such a big SNK fan if you missed out on owning one. Some of your favourite games like Fatal Fury 2, KOF '95 and Samurai Shodown 3 are pretty cheap to buy for AES. I'm sure the ports are perfectly fine but it's nice to play them on the original hardware.

FATAL FURY 2, SS3 & KOF 95 INDEED...
you have a good memory sir. RBFF1 makes up that classic four, in total (my first 'true' SNK loves).

When I get a spare moment this weekend, or perhaps this coming week, I will be sure to creat a list of:
1) Buys
2) Won't Buys
3) Unsure/Neutral/Curious

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Jump to Forum: