Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 2164
Thread Info
There are 71 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 27054 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters movie released.
Carmen
I just saw it today... wow... this is... wow...

*no words*
"Mercy on the Earth"

lee gray
I watched it last week, i didnt really liked the type of film the used as it didnt feel like a movie but more like a tv drama, I do like Maggie Q though and I think the only way to have really enjoyed this (if even possible) were to be if you didnt know anything at all about the king of fighters.

Murikov
Recently I've found this KoF movie scene compilation on YT, enjoy it.

YouTube Video

I don't know if I should cry or laugh right now, but Rugal dressed in ICE HOCKEY GEAR is just too much for me! Grin
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

reelmojo
I downlo... er... "acquired" a copy of the movie yesterday. I haven't gathered up the courage to watch it yet though. I don't really want to see Ray Park's badassness (a real word!) be so wasted. On that note I don't want to see Rugal's badassness be so wasted either, but I've seen Super Mario Bros. The Movie, so how bad can it be?

I have to say though, the whole "other dimension" thing isn't really that far fetched for KoF. Afterall, Saiki and (we can assume) all of the members of Those From the Past are from another dimension.

LIFE_IN_2D
I just had a look at that video Murikov posted... BWHAHAHAHA!!!!!

WTF?! Seriously, what... the... F*CK?!!?

I like how Rugal is a metro-sexual, sawed-off, scrawny runt.

The part with Mai talking to Kyo about Chizuru was hilarious.

How did Mr. Big go from a super-fly black pimp to a retarded looking frat-boy?

Ummmm.... Iori just looks plain out GAY... also... why is he a good guy?

Red puffy jacket-vest = The essence of Terry Bogard? I think not... Roll EyesSarcasm. Hahaha, I just noticed his text to Mai... durrrrrrr.

Did this festering piece of dog shit ever get made? I hope they dropped it.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 14. September 2010 05:38
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Bullet
Yeah the KOF movie was made , finished and out on DVD. I picked it up the other day. It has all the fighters fighting in another dimension and involves the orochi etc. It's a weird movie, Terry Bogard Works for the CIA and MAI is undercover as an agent to get into the KOF tournament. There is also a scene where Ray Park (Rugal) beats up Mature and Vice with a hockey stick as he skates around on roller blades. He steals the 3 relics to open the portal to the orochi dimension, fun stuff lol
Oh and Kyo like to make custom bikes and has no clue about what the Kusanagi family does. Kyo's Dad is crazy and dies of a heart attack etc.

I'll let you take what you will of that lol
Edited by Bullet on 14. September 2010 16:19
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

The eccentric cat
The eccentric cat wrote:
The film was cancelled already. (woo!)

Disregard post. :3

Iori in the film makes me lol so hard..
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

reelmojo
I changed the thread title since the movie is out. I've been too busy to watch it just yet. Maybe tomorrow night... I could use a good unintentional comedy.

The0ne
I registered to warn every KOF loving fans out there.

AVOID THIS CRAP Movie at ALL COST! before your image and visions of what you hold dear and true of KOF is utterly destroyed forever.

My Terry, the shame they have done to him in this movie. I cried, I laughed cynically and then I cried more for the lost of Terry Bogard. My life is a little less joyful knowing how fcked up some people are in this world to ruin something that was just a joy to know.

God-fcking-dmmit to all.

RiKo
haha that looks like every other crappy video game film. i will watch it one day, i will review it for my video game movie thread.

that's pretty cool getting a text from Terry Bogard though. i want one Smile 'R u Okaaay?'
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Morgan
how was the movie??? i didnt watch that...

need to watch...thnx for the info

Clap

reelmojo
So I watched it. And it hurt as bad as expected. They got just about everything wrong. I'm fairly certain that someone had written a script for a shitty action movie and the only way they could get it made was if they slapped a popular license on it. I watched it last week so I might forget some things, but I'm gonna list some stuff about this movie that is just wrong:

Mai has electricity powers, never uses a fan, never dresses in a color remotely resembling red, doesn't have humongous boobs, works for the CIA, is dating Iori, and is the main character. Yep, we're off to a good start!

Iori's flames are blue (but at least they're flames!) and... well actually he is one of the better characters in the movie. Not that that's saying much. His outfit in the other dimension is actually pretty badass.

Kyo is clueless and extremely caucasian. Being caucasian would be fine as they do explain that he's only half Japanese... but in flash backs he's played by an Asian kid. How that Asian kid grew up to be a white guy with bad acting skills is anybody's guess.

Speaking of bad acting (and in this thread it's a common topic), Vice and Mature are pretty well represented except for the fact that the actress who plays Mature is one of the worst I've ever seen. She actually reminds me of Andrea Strucker in that Nick Fury movie starring David Hasselhoff. If you don't know what I'm referring to consider yourself lucky.

Oh, at one point Vice calls a bunch of other characters from the KoF games to tell them about the tournament. This includes characters like Dou Lon and Ramon who weren't in a KoF game until long after Vice was dead.

Rugal is played by the usually badass Ray Park, but is practically a comic relief villain. You've seen the hockey segment so you know what I mean. At one point weapons are being thrown to him by... I don't know... the director? Anyway, weapons are flying to him from some off screen magical place and he throws many of them away while delivering horribly forced one liners. One of his one liners is, "Too violent." Too violent? Rugal has a move called Genocide Cutter and they wrote a line where he complains that something is too violent? Ugh!

Terry... where do I begin? He's a CIA agent too but his character has so little to do with Terry Bogard that I swear they just had a random character written into the movie and decided to name him Terry at the last second. His red vest in the other dimension looks goofy as hell, and when he eventually gets his Fatal Fury hat it doesn't help things.

About the other dimension... when the fighters go there they do so through an ear piece (blue tooth'd!) and when they get there they are magically wearing different clothes. It's sort of like the Residual Self Image from The Matrix, except it makes less sense and Iori is the only one who actually looks cooler.

There is no mention of a single Art of Fighting character ever at any point of the movie... unless you count Mr. Big in the opening fight. He's clearly supposed to be Mr. Big, but in the credits his character is referred to as simply "Sam." Also even though his brother and girlfriend are main characters, Andy Bogard is never mentioned.

Orochi is a ball of tangled snakes. That float in mid-air. For no reason.

Well that's about it as far as I remember. I didn't say anything bad about Saisyu, Vice, or Chizuru because they're much better represented than the other characters. Again though, that's not a huge compliment.

EDIT: Oh yeah! I almost forgot about the Scooby Doo hallway bit! Unintentionally hilarious!
Edited by reelmojo on 08. October 2010 01:02

CountMetal
Morgan wrote:
how was the movie??? i didnt watch that...

need to watch...thnx for the info

Clap

I won't bother with this movie unless you want to provide MST3K commentary to it lmao. Terrible Acting + Bad Fighting Choreography = A Waste of Film. Thank goodness this wasn't played in my movie theatre. If I ever see that poster or billboard cut outs of Sean Faris(Kyo) I would Shingo Kick it.

NeoGeoNinja
CountMetal wrote:
If I ever see that poster or billboard cut outs of Sean Faris(Kyo) I would Shingo Kick it...

VERY...
very funny! I want footage!! Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

CountMetal
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
CountMetal wrote:
If I ever see that poster or billboard cut outs of Sean Faris(Kyo) I would Shingo Kick it...

VERY...

Ninja

If they ever exists I will do it lol

Murikov
CountMetal wrote:
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
CountMetal wrote:

VERY...

Ninja

img810.imageshack.us/img810/9522/shingo.jpg
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

CountMetal
Murikov wrote:
CountMetal wrote:
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
CountMetal wrote:

VERY...

Ninja

img810.imageshack.us/img810/9522/shingo.jpg

Hahahaha I need to put that pic as my Facebook profile lol Grin
Edited by CountMetal on 08. October 2010 19:58

NeoGeoNinja
CountMetal wrote:
Hahahaha I need to put that pic as my Facebook profile lol Grin

OR...
as your NGFL avatar? Wink