Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kurisu
Thread ID: 2158
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2890 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Mushi Futary 1.5
Kurisu
I'm in heaven everyone! I have just received my limited edition copy of the XBox 360 shoot-em-up Mushihimesama Futuri 1.5 from the masters, Cave. It's region free so plays on any XBox 360 and it is absolutely gorgeous (although it does suffer from a small screen area and some slowdown). The Limited edition has a separate two disk soundtrack in its own jewel case, which is packaged with the normal XBox 360 box in a larger carton box. As a package its really lovely with terrific art on the cover(s) and in the instructions. And all for just £79.99!!
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

merlin
Congrats on your purchase Kurisu. Mushihime sama Futari is probably my favourite shooter of all time. Just an amazing game. I need to get it for 360 too. For anyone who has a 360 and likes shoot 'em ups this is an essential purchase.

I think all Cave 360 releases from now on will be region free which is great news. Also Cave want to make Death Smiles (already released in Japan) available for 360 owners worldwide.

NeoGeoNinja
NO PS3 VERSIONS?...
boo hoo Cave ya bastards! I have the original MHSama for PS2... probably the best Vert shooter available on the console IMO.

It's unfortunate that all those great shooters are exclusive to 360, as chances are... I'll never own one, especially with their notorious hardware failure rate. I'm just not willing to invest in 'broken' hardware. 3yr guarantee just doesn't cut it for me fellas... sorry. It's just another case of Microsoft flashing their cash in a rather offensive blasť way IMO. So what if it's broken? We can just fix it repeatedly, but not permanently! It's f*ckin' nuts!! By the same token, sadly, I cannot afford to invest in software for a dead console. Years down the line, when I have all these awesome shmups for my 360... long after the 360 is available and 'current'... and it dies? Fucked! Not like my Saturn... 15yrs in the running and still going strong!

BACK TO THE POINT...
congratulations Kurisu! No doubt it's a wonderful game. I really want ALL those shmups for 360, including the forthcoming Ketsui. Most of all (oddly?) I want Raiden Fighters Aces... raiden 1, 2 & DX are 3 of my fave shmups ever made. I ADORE them! Would love to play them but don't think this will ever happen... unless M$ pulls their lazy-ass finger clean out:(

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Wild Tengu
Wow... that's like 130 bucks. Seems like a ridiculous price to pay for a game (plus the soundtrack) that could of been a 15-20 dollar XBL download.

Where did you order it from?

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
reelmojo
NeoGeoNinja wrote:Stuff about the 360 breaking.
They fixed mine even though it was out of warranty. Plus they fixed the red ring problem on new consoles. If you want your console to last 15 years you have to take good care of it, and I'm sure you take good care of your stuff judging by the pics of your game room you posted a while back. Plus, sometime down the line when it's not supported anymore you might have to buy replacement parts and fix it yourself. Sure, your Saturn still works... but how's that NES treating you? My NES runs games about 10% of the time, but once I install a new 72 pin connector it'll be good to go so I definitely am glad I still have it. Basically what I'm saying is, if you want a lot of games for a system then that's probably a system worth owning. I know it can be hard for many to admit that Microsoft has made a product that they want, but the games speak for themselves. Take it from someone who used to be anti-Nintendo (although that was during the N64 days, which is another story for another thread).

Also, I want Cave to bring these games out in the US! Region free is cool and all, but I'm not paying that much money for a game unless it comes in a cabinet.

EDIT: I wanted to see what the game looked like... this video is a bit blurry but that might be the most ridiculous bullet hell I've ever seen!

Don't watch if you don't want the Stage 5 Boss spoiled for you!
YouTube Video

Edited by reelmojo on 30. November 2009 05:45

Wild Tengu
Damn that voice is annoying... and how the heck do you dodge all those bullets. Just looking at it hurts my eyes. >_>

cthulhu
Wild Tengu wrote:
Damn that voice is annoying... and how the heck do you dodge all those bullets. Just looking at it hurts my eyes. >_>

It's called micro dodging, it's all about the hitbox of the character and the hitbox of the bullets. The regular hitbox on a Cave game is 1 pixel in the middle of your character, it's the same for the bullets. If both hitboxes collide, then it's a hit and you lose one life. So you have to memorize the bullet patterns and keep an eye on your hitbox...I'm not good at that at all, but I still love these games...Danmaku/ Bullet Hell/ Frantic shmups are my favorite (arcade) genre next to Fighting Games.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Wild Tengu
I'll take a classic Shump where the screen doesn't cause me to have a seizure. And I can only imagine the slowdown on some of these games.

Hell, I played f'ing Blazing Star in co-op, and it was a nightmare with the amount of projectiles on screen.

cthulhu
Wild Tengu wrote:
I'll take a classic Shump where the screen doesn't cause me to have a seizure. And I can only imagine the slowdown on some of these games.

Hell, I played f'ing Blazing Star in co-op, and it was a nightmare with the amount of projectiles on screen.

I can imagine that these games would drive people crazy because of the huge amounts of brightly colored bullets and the sometimes psychedelic patterns.
The slowdown isn't that bad on the original arcade hardware of Cave games...it actually sometimes help make the game a bit less difficult. The biggest problem with console ports of these games if you have played the original, is that there is either slowdown at diffent times or there isn't any slowdown...it can get a bit confusing if things turn out different than you're used to.
By the way, I played R-Type this morning after a long time...I was crap at stage 3, the hugely annoying spaceship...was fun though to play it again.
My arcade stuff

Powerwave
ive seen some of these bullet rain videos on youtube, mesmerising a little beautifull but whole heartedly insane. im fine with just a few bullets on the screen thank you. Smile
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

NeoGeoNinja
HAVE TO ADMIT...
I'm all up for 'the more the merrier'. I like my shmups to be hectic! Cave games are particularly go for this, but I'm also a fan Takumi's shmups too, especially Mars Matrix & Giga Wing on DC not forgetting Batsugun on Saturn. Crazy but VERY good fun... I get real kick out of the adrenaline you get from Bullet Hell shmups!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

reelmojo
I guess the problem is that you can only get that adrenaline rush if you can actually survive. Just dying over and over again is boring. I can see that if you have the patience for them then bullet hell shooters would be awesome... I'm just not sure I have the patience personally. I love watching someone who's good at them play them though. Watching a little ship survive absolutely impossible odds is pretty cool.

Wild Tengu
I wonder how come Cave likes the Xbox360 so much, it's like the least popular console in Japan.

cthulhu
Wild Tengu wrote:
I wonder how come Cave likes the Xbox360 so much, it's like the least popular console in Japan.

Maybe Micro$oft realized that Cave games are extremely popular in Japan and subsequently gave Cave a business offer they could refuse (lots of money?), all to try and boost sales in Japan. Cave probably (finally) realized that it would be a good thing to get their games out of Asia and expand their territory to Europe and America, by making their future games region free, or releasing them abroad.
My arcade stuff

Jump to Forum: