Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 2130
Thread Info
There are 409 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Name That Screen Shot Game
LIFE_IN_2D
Nice, going Cthulhu!

Previous post edited to reflect Cthulhu's correct answers.

Glad to see a few members participate in this thread.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

reelmojo
18. Heretic II
19. Hocus Pocus
21. Halloween Harry (aka Alien Carnage)

I absolutely loved all three of those games. They're all on my list to play again sometime soon to see how well they hold up. 15 also looks very familiar...

LIFE_IN_2D
Nice, nice, nice!

Dammit, looks like there's another Apogee fan at the site, besides myself. Heretic 2 was such an awesome game, I hope to play it again too.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Game screenshot list is updated, to reflex Mojo's correct answers :

s9.postimg.org/gfjfq0oxr/dont_cheat_15.jpg

s9.postimg.org/i3n6ies73/dont_cheat_20.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

reelmojo
I had a CD as a kid that was loaded with a ton of shareware games and, as you can imagine, most of Apogee's catalog was on it. That sadly means I've never played the full versions of many of them though!

Also, my last remaining screen shot:

71.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/71_zps7b793ddf.png

LIFE_IN_2D
I doubt anybody gave a flying shite, but...

15. is JediKnight 2 : Jedi Outcasts for PC
23. is Champions of Norrath for PS2

I hope more people get invloved in this thread.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

reelmojo
Ah, I never played either of those but I did see screenshots back in the day which is why they looked a bit familiar.

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

I doubt anybody gave a flying shite, but...

23. is Champions of Norrath for PS2

How disappointing, especially as Champions: Return to Arms dominated an unemployed part of my life in the mid-2000's.

I was seriously addicted to the game and meant to go 'back' to Norrath (the prequel), but never got around to playing it...
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

NeoGeoNinja
Anyway, might as well have a crack at offering up some select choices of my own, eh? Wink

1. i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/Miscellaneous/1ONE_zpsc28c90fd.jpg

2. i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/Miscellaneous/2TWO_zps5eb63923.png

3. i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/Miscellaneous/3THREE_zps4d2711c2.jpg

4. i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/Miscellaneous/4FOUR_zps5f66cdca.jpg

5. i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/Miscellaneous/5FIVE_zps2f4cf221.png

If you crack these, I have some more 'beauties' for ya!... Wink

reelmojo
5 is Mass Destruction. I can't place the other ones, although the character on the right in number 4 looks highly familiar.

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:

5 is Mass Destruction. I can't place the other ones, although the character on the right in number 4 looks highly familiar.

Spot on!

5 is indeed Mass Destruction. I removed the HUD (which included an image of a tank) to toughen it up a bit, so well done.

Just 4 to go... Wink

LIFE_IN_2D
I wish I could play this time, but I am totally clueless as to what any of these games are named.

Hopefully some other people try to jump in on this.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Hopefully some other people try to jump in on this.

Well...

I guess not! Must mean that my game selections are too "leet" for our fellow members!

Perhaps they'll find this one a bit easier??:

www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/246931-super-mario-64-nintendo-64-screenshot-going-to-the-castles.jpg

reelmojo
I had a screen shot sitting unanswered for an entire year, so a few weeks isn't that bad. I am interested to find out what that racer is though. 32 bit racers are my thing, afterall.

RiKo
Perhaps they'll find this one a bit easier??:

www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/246931-super-mario-64-nintendo-64-screenshot-going-to-the-castles.jpg

Wha.... what is this magic? Mario in 3D??

--------------------------------------------------

I knew Mass Destruction because once me and Merlin were trying to remember what "that tank game Ninja posted a video of was where you drive around blowing everything up" was.

I think the others could be 3DO games? sadly I have never played on one.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoGeoNinja
Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, these screenshots will make you a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus gamer, just like me...

1. i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/Miscellaneous/1ONE_zpsc28c90fd.jpg

2. i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/Miscellaneous/2TWO_zps5eb63923.png

3. i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/Miscellaneous/3THREE_zps4d2711c2.jpg

4. i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/Miscellaneous/4FOUR_zps5f66cdca.jpg[/quote]

Failure to figure these out/know these will result in my having to use "old painless" to educate y'all.

i.e. I'll have to embarrass and shame the lot of you by DISCLOSING the titles of the games screenshots above.

Disgusting to have to think it, but it might well happen... Annoy

NeoGeoNinja
Well, I've left it a WHOLE week and I have had to come to the realisation that I am surrounded by absolute grade-A failure all round. Here are the reveals for the screenshots:

-

Autobahn Tokio - 3DO

-

Belzerion - 3DO

-

Flip Out - Jaguar

-

G.A.S.P. Fighters Nextreme - N64

4. i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/Miscellaneous/4FOUR_zps5f66cdca.jpg

merlin
Never heard of or seen any of those before Ninja. With them being 3DO and Jaguar games I guess it's not so surprising no-one recognized them.

Here's one from me. Can anyone correctly identify this game?

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/screenshot_zpsed711860.jpg

cthulhu
merlin wrote:

Never heard of or seen any of those before Ninja. With them being 3DO and Jaguar games I guess it's not so surprising no-one recognized them.

Here's one from me. Can anyone correctly identify this game?

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/screenshot_zpsed711860.jpg

Do I dare even guess this game??? Not really hard to find using my Google Fu...it's a game called Battle Raper. Not a game I'll ever play to be honest.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
cthulhu wrote:
Do I dare even guess this game??? Not really hard to find using my Google Fu...it's a game called Battle Raper. Not a game I'll ever play to be honest.

It's Battle Raper 2. I thought it probably wouldn't be too difficult to work out using google but wondered if anyone would actually recognize it. I wouldn't play it either Cthulhu not because I'm offended but because it looks terrible! Despite the title there is no rape in the game.

cthulhu
merlin wrote:
It's Battle Raper 2. I thought it probably wouldn't be too difficult to work out using google but wondered if anyone would actually recognize it. I wouldn't play it either Cthulhu not because I'm offended but because it looks terrible! Despite the title there is no rape in the game.

I've never heard of it before this and I know a lot of dodgy fighting games. It look horrible and I would imagine that it's not a very good game either (probably so bad it's hard to be actually offended to be honest). I'd rather play Strip Fighter II on the PC Engine...
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Jump to Forum: