Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 2130
Thread Info
There are 409 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Name That Screen Shot Game
Shiny
i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/a2.jpg

Thought it was North Star to begin with... It's Exolon, I believe. And it makes me feel very very old that I know that.

Also, Air Gallet blows your socks off.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Kazuya_UK
Holy crap that is Exolon I think!!! I used to love that game on the Amstrad CPC! Grin

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
RiKo
Daraku - Well done on Noseferatu, Zero Wing is wrong though. Here's another screenshot of the same game:

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/peach.png

Nice spot Shiny Thumbs Up - that is Exolon, i used to love that he could fire a rocket from his back Shock in those days you would buy games for features like that.

NeoGeoMan- well done! StarFighter 3000, actually on the Acorn Archimedes computer in my screenshot, but was later released for the 3DO

where it looked like this:

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/abjf9h.jpg

The first game is a PC game which famously (at the time anyway) used elipsoids to render all the graphics, it looked good (well ok) at the time, looks horrendous now though!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NEO-GEO man
I have it on 3DO yes, just called Star Fighter on there, ive got both Saturn and Playstation versions as well, called Star Fighter 3000, but same game. 3DO version is the best to play. I used to be exceptionally good at it. Such a great game for its day.

Shiny
Nice spot Shiny Thumbs Up - that is Exolon, i used to love that he could fire a rocket from his back Shock in those days you would buy games for features like that.[/quote]

You really would, and did. I remember getting very excited when Midnight Resistance was released with it's twizzle-sticks. Sold! Ate a shed load of my pocket money.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

merlin
It's always worth reviving this thread every so often.

Can someone correctly identify these three games and what do they all have in common?

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/1-1.jpg

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/3.jpg

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/2.jpg

cthulhu
Took me a little while to get these but:
The first one is called Argus.
The second one is called Psychic 5.
The third one is called Chimera Beast.

All games were produced by Jaleco.

I've played them all a long time ago.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
Well done Cthulhu that didn't take you very long. I'll have to come up with some harder ones next time! Despite it being a bit of a strange game I quite like Chimera Beast.

There are still a few no-one managed to identify yet:

reelmojo wrote:
i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/58.png
It's been a while so I'll give a hint... Famicom.

cthulhu
I missed the top one. It has to be a Macross game (it shows a VF), so I searched for that and came up with Chou Jikuu Yousai Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie.

The bottom one I still don't know.
My arcade stuff

Chiba3010
Cool thread, I'm in. These three games are related in two fundamental aspects:

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/110EDB1C-D56D-4D83-AF99-522DFE725828-110-000000025672ACC6.jpg

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/563B5ADF-B916-4DC0-85DD-E52C2FF0D626-110-00000002613DEDBF.jpg

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/9B549DA9-864F-47E8-A4DD-3F0ABC6A92AD-384-0000003849AFE8C1.jpg
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

merlin
1. Budokan
2. Faery Tale Adventure
3. Sword of Sodan

The two things those games have in common are that they were all on the Mega Drive and also on the Amiga.

I used to own the first two and spent many hours playing them especially Faery Tale
Adventure which is one of my favourite Mega Drive games. I was actually thinking about the game a few days ago and am tempted to do a playthrough soon.

I was curious about your avatar Chiba. If you don't mind me asking is that you in the picture and if so what are you looking at?

Chiba3010
@Merlin: Very good! Thumbs Up I had all three of these early EA titles on the Genesis/Mega Drive, too. I think they all released prior to EA even being a Sega-endorsed third party publisher so they all came in those weirdly shaped, EA-exclusive cart casings. Budokan would've been much more fun if the gameplay was better and the tournament difficulty was more forgiving and balanced. Sword of Sodan looked amazing until things actually started moving and the horrible animation became evident. I still played it quite a bit as it was big, colorful, gritty and shockingly gory for its time. Faery Tale Adventure was flawed but fun and very unique! I still remember being frustrated by quest involving a spectre in a crypt who appears at midnight and is supposed to tell me something or give me a task to fulfill. Maybe it was a bug in the game, I really don't know, but the spectre would appear yet never talk to or interact with my character. I reattempted this quest over and over, even restarting the game from scratch but nothing solved the problem. Shrug Still, a very fun game and I remember much of the music note for note over two decades since I last played it. Music

And yes, that's me in my avatar pic. It was taken last year in the Indonesian area of New York's Bronx Zoo. I'm looking at a beautiful carving of a dragon in a stone pillar flanking the area's entrance. Beyond that gate is an incredible walkthrough rainforest exhibit that is my favorite destination in this massive zoological park. Smile

merlin
It's impressive that there are so many different moves to learn in Budokan which really adds to the replay value.

The thing I like about Faery Tale Adventure is the vastness of the game. It's nice sometimes to take a break from the main quest and just go off exploring the land. The music is great but especially the battle theme. I was just listening to this awesome rock version a few days ago.

http://www.youtub...rY4M7Cbt_0

That's a shame you've never completed the game Chiba. It's been quite a while since I played it but I don't remember having any problems with the spectre in the crypt. The main quest can get a bit confusing though. Although I completed the game many times I did always use an FAQ to make it easier. Hopefully if you give it another go and refer to an FAQ you can get past that area.

I've never actually played Sword of Sodan. The gaming magazine I read at the time gave it a pretty negative review which put me off.

Thanks for the explanation of your avatar pic. I think it looks cool. Looked a bit mysterious like you were exploring some ancient temple!

reelmojo
reelmojo wrote:
58.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/58.png
It's been a while so I'll give a hint... Famicom.

That one is so obscure and so much time has passed since I posted it that I had to look up what it was myself! Might as well post some new ones too. None of these are as hard as 58 there.

60.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/60.png
61.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/61.png
62.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/62.png

Chiba3010
#61 is Steel Empire and #62 is Chakan: The Forever Man. Not sure about #60 yet... Is it Dragon Saber?
Edited by Chiba3010 on 12. December 2012 10:00

reelmojo
Right you are about both 61 and 62, but 60 is not Dragon Saber.

cthulhu
at first I though 60 was Dragon Blaze, but I realized that it's Cyvern (the dragon's head gave it away for me)...awesome game and a shame that I didn't buy it when I had the chance.
My arcade stuff

RiKo
Cthulhu wrote :- I missed the top one. It has to be a Macross game (it shows a VF), so I searched for that and came up with Chou Jikuu Yousai Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie.

Well done Cthulhu! spot on, one of the jap-only games for the system

I would have got Budokan and Sword of Sodan, i am usually rubbish at console games beyond the obvious seeing as i mainly had computers at the time.

reelmojo
Cthulhu is also correct on Cyvern! That of course leaves what must be the hardest pic I've ever posted in this thread:

58.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/58.png
Hint: Don't bother trying to recognize the character. In this game you create your own.

RiKo
I've taken some screenshots from some games but I have cropped the screens to make it harder. Which games are these images from?

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/a2_zpsae71a857.jpg
i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/a4_zps0e8d75eb.jpg
i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/a5_zpsed7bbfc9.jpg
i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/a7_zps9f46c0fd.jpg
i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/a8_zps8d25f142.jpg
i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/a1_zpsaeb4c7f3.jpg
i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/a6_zpsc4da8e0f.png
i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/a3_zps5b244e07.png

Jump to Forum: