Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 2130
Thread Info
There are 409 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Name That Screen Shot Game
RiKo
wow, i know B-Rap boys now! I've seen vids of that before. It looks awesome, really funny too Smile

TLO - lol yes sorry i just made up Baby Killer. I saw the Gas meter and thought maybe you had to gas the babies. If i don't know i like to guess Smile maybe its Baby Rescue? (I think i can see babies)
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoGeoNinja
RiKo wrote:
...yes sorry i just made up Baby Killer. I saw the Gas meter and thought maybe you had to gas the babies. If i don't know i like to guess Smile

OHHH RiKo...
you absolute sicko! Roll Eyes

Love it Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

cthulhu
I noticed the gas too, but I though it might have something to do with a chainsaw wielding Psycho Santa...or something like that.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

priest
TLOs screenshot:

i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/ThorLeonOne/Come_on_3.gif

Little computer people:

www.myabandonware.com/media/captures/L/little-computer-people/little-computer-people_3.gif

My first guess was "Little computer people" for the C64. A game that is a bit like the sims-games, well kind of...

...But its not "Little computer people" either...HmmmHmm
Edited by priest on 13. December 2009 16:48
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
reelmojo
Okay, it's difficult to even say what games are going to be hard for you guys to guess anymore, so I'm not gonna put my foot in my mouth and say these are hard. Also, I'm adding another hint to number 13 that could lead you right to the game if you know your stuff. Some of these get really big when you click them because I took all the shots myself in an emulator and it automatically saved them that way.

13.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/13.gif
Hint 1: It's a PC game, and it's now freeware (so once you know what it is you should all totally play it).
Hint 2: Developed by the company that popularized the Shareware distribution model.

24.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/24.png
25.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/25.png
26.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/26.png
27.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/27.png

NeoGeoNinja
24.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/24.png

YU YU HAKUSHO GAIDEN for the Megadrive.
In truth, I KNEW it was a Yu Yu game, BUT wasn't sure which. 1 minute of research however gave a more suitable and concise response, as from the screen I could tell it was a 16-bit console Wink

Not a clue about your other 3 or 4. Shiny, Cthulhu & RiKo tend to be your best bets though Hmm

Ninja

NeoGeoNinja
THOUGHT I'D...
throw another one into the mix! No doubt someone will know this one?!

i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/CheatingFck.jpg

merlin
Reelmojo 25 is Galahad for the Mega Drive. I always thought it looked like a good game but never actually got around to trying it out. Number 27 is Sneaky Snakes for the Game Boy. Never played that either but I could tell it looked a bit similar to Snake Rattle and Roll on the Nes.

Here's a reminder of the one I already posted. It's an arcade fighting game.

merlin wrote:
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/_4.jpg

Edited by merlin on 19. December 2009 00:13

HexElf
NG Ninja
Easy, it's Human Killing Machine; the extremely crappy "sequel" of SF1 and candidate for worst fighting game ever.
YouTube Video

Edited by HexElf on 19. December 2009 00:06
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
reelmojo
Six frames of animation... Grin

Ninja was right on YuYu Hakusho Gaiden and Merlin was right on both Galahad and Sneaky Snakes. Sneaky Snakes is highly recommended to anyone who likes Snake Rattle 'N Roll, especially if you thought it would have worked better as a side scroller.

That only leaves 13 and 26.

merlin
Number 13 is Bio Menace. I was able to figure it out after the second hint.

That video about Human Killing Machine was very funny. It really does look like it could be the worst fighting game ever but somehow I wouldn't mind playing it just for a laugh.

HexElf
Merlin
Last Apostle Puppet Show AKA Reikai Douchi: Chinese Exorcist, and wow I almost gave up on that one. I actually played it on Mame a while ago but now I couldn't for the life of me remember that what the name was, no wonder with that messed up title! Had to punch the details into google/KLOV/GameFAQs for a long time before I finally found it again. Would have gone a lot faster if I hadn't been looking for post-90s fighters because the graphics are totally off the hook for an 80s arcade game.

YouTube Video

Edited by HexElf on 19. December 2009 02:52
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
cthulhu
Number 26 is Mazin Saga for the Megadrive...a great game based on the Mazin Wars Manga by my most favorite Manga artist Go Nagai (from Devilman, Cutie Honey and Mazinger Z fame).

Some more clues on these ones:

a:i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/2-2.png
Megadrive game, only released in Japan and in small numbers for unknown reasons.

b:i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/3-2.gif
PC Engine "Board Game" based on a Manga/ Anime about a half Dragon, half Human girl....should be too easy now.
Edited by cthulhu on 19. December 2009 10:18
My arcade stuff

STE C
Ah shit I know that MD game its rare and expensive , it looks a lot like Elemental Master buts it not , I will have to research but one of you guys should get it before me

TLO
->cthulhu, picture a: is Twinkle TaleSmile
Edited by TLO on 19. December 2009 12:26

merlin
Well done HexElf yes you're quite right it's Reikai Doushi quite a strange little game. Although the gameplay is not exactly very good the game does have quite a cool look to it and like you say it's a bit surprising that it's from the late 80's. It's a pity that there's no simultaneous 2 player option though. Everyone should play this at least once on Mame I think.

Cthulhu the second one is Dragon Half for the PC Engine. I only got it because of your hint. I also recognised Twinkle Tale but was a bit too slow and TLO beat me to it! Looks like a very good game but I've heard it's pretty expensive.
Edited by merlin on 19. December 2009 12:32

cthulhu
TLO wrote:
->cthulhu, picture a: is Twinkle TaleSmile

merlin wrote:
Well done HexElf yes you're quite right it's Reikai Doushi quite a strange little game. Although the gameplay is not exactly very good the game does have quite a cool look to it and like you say it's a bit surprising that it's from the late 80's. It's a pity that there's no simultaneous 2 player option though. Everyone should play this at least once on Mame I think.

Cthulhu the second one is Dragon Half for the PC Engine. I only got it because of your hint. I also recognised Twinkle Tale but was a bit too slow and TLO beat me to it! Looks like a very good game but I've heard it's pretty expensive.

Finally...Twinkle Tale is a great game, I've only played it through emulation yet, but I'll definitely buy it someday.
Dragon Half is really fun, but I have no clue on what to do...bought it extremely cheap in Japan.
I'll have to think of some more to post...probably will be difficult again to really test everyone's knowledge about (obscure) video games.
My arcade stuff

Shiny
Dragon Half! I haven't seen that for years! I really liked the anime at the time...

Bah, I knew Yu Yu and Mazin too.

I don't know 25 or 27 off the top of my head... Though I feel like I should know 27. Hmm

Here's some easiness for y'all:
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/sc11.png

cthulhu
Shiny wrote:
Dragon Half! I haven't seen that for years! I really liked the anime at the time...

Bah, I knew Yu Yu and Mazin too.

I don't know 25 or 27 off the top of my head... Though I feel like I should know 27. Hmm

Here's some easiness for y'all:
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/sc11.png

Rolling Thunder???
My arcade stuff

RiKo
I have done some screenshots too. mine are more recent games. I have cropped parts of the screen to make it a bit harder.

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/D2.jpg

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/1126768317b.jpg

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/tigr5.jpg

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/226279_fullb.jpg
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: