Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 2130
Thread Info
There are 409 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Name That Screen Shot Game
cthulhu
Okay, next ones...hopefully at least one of these won't be guessed:

1: i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/1-1.jpg

2: i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/2.gif

3: i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/3.png
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
Cthulhu the first screenshot is from Pinball Quest on the Nes. I could tell it was a Nes game from the graphics and a pinball game so just googled Nes pinball and found it. The third one is Popful Mail: Magical Fantasy Adventure but I'm not sure if it's the Snes, PC Engine or Sega CD version. Never played the game before but the graphics look nice anyway.

reelmojo
cthulhu, thank you for guessing Little Samson! I was beginning to think no one else here had played it! Everyone who hasn't should go download it right now! You could buy it too, but it sells for $60 to $100 as it's pretty rare. If there's ever another Taito collection, maybe they'll include it. It's definitely one of my favorite NES games.

As for the shots you posted cthulhu, I don't know any of them but just judging from the screenshots I want to play all three of them! The one shot does say pcengine.co.uk at the top, but I know there were loads of shooters on the PC Engine so that doesn't help me.

And I'm all out of screen shots! Better get looking for more...

cthulhu
merlin wrote:
Cthulhu the first screenshot is from Pinball Quest on the Nes. I could tell it was a Nes game from the graphics and a pinball game so just googled Nes pinball and found it. The third one is Popful Mail: Magical Fantasy Adventure but I'm not sure if it's the Snes, PC Engine or Sega CD version. Never played the game before but the graphics look nice anyway.

Both right...Popful Mail is the Sega CD version...great game by the way. Pinball Quest is pretty fun too.

reelmojo wrote:
cthulhu, thank you for guessing Little Samson! I was beginning to think no one else here had played it! Everyone who hasn't should go download it right now! You could buy it too, but it sells for $60 to $100 as it's pretty rare. If there's ever another Taito collection, maybe they'll include it. It's definitely one of my favorite NES games.

As for the shots you posted cthulhu, I don't know any of them but just judging from the screenshots I want to play all three of them! The one shot does say pcengine.co.uk at the top, but I know there were loads of shooters on the PC Engine so that doesn't help me.

And I'm all out of screen shots! Better get looking for more...

You're welcome, my wife bought it years ago in Sweden and it's a really fun game.
Crap...I didn't notice the pcengine.co.uk bit...oh well, as you said the PS Engine has load of Shmups, so it doesn't really help...I have two more for when this one has been guessed.
My arcade stuff

reelmojo
Here's the next set of five from me. At least one of them should be easy, but I'm hoping some of the other ones are hard. Click to enlarge... especially for number 17 since you can't read the text in the thumbnail.

13.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/13.gif
14.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/14.jpg
15.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/15.jpg
16.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/16.gif
17.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/17.jpg
Edited by reelmojo on 24. November 2009 19:50

boogiepop
That's sad when I can recognize almost all of them and not remember the names. Cthulhu, maybe you should try one of the less popular PC Engine shmups, no? Wink

Maybe I should post more pics of my C64 title.
Edited by boogiepop on 24. November 2009 20:02
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

merlin
That last one is Knights of Valour 2 Reelmojo. A truly great side scroller.

Ok here's one more. I had to capture this screenshot myself since it's a very obscure game. I think it'll take a while before anyone gets this one right.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/screenshot.jpg

boogiepop
Because I'm in the mood, here's a glut of screen shots for you guys to guess at. Yes, I'm a bad boy.

Another shot of this one. Where did the buildings go? heh
www.goodtimeretrocafe.com/other/commodore/sny1.JPG

www.lemon64.com/games/screenshots/full/b/beach-head_03.gif

www.lemon64.com/games/screenshots/full/w/wizard_(electronic_arts)_04.gif

www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Gangster_Town_SMS_ScreenShot2.gif

www.lemon64.com/games/screenshots/full/d/dr_ruths_game_of_good_sex_03.gif

This one's for you Brits:
www.lemon64.com/games/screenshots/full/d/doctor_who_and_the_mines_of_terror_02.gif

If you're among the handful I got to try this game out way back when, please let the others have a chance guessing this one.
image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/4/198554/scarab_790screen002.jpg
Edited by boogiepop on 24. November 2009 20:41

reelmojo
I should have known better than to post a PGM game with you around, Merlin. Of course, you are correct. All of the Knights of Valour games that I've played are great. They're on my long list of games that deserve more of my time.

Boogie, you should probably rename some of those screenshots that have the title in the filename. I'm gonna go ahead and not post an answer based on that info since that's totally cheating and I had no idea what any of those games were based on my own knowledge.
Edited by reelmojo on 24. November 2009 20:47

phry
ReelMojo's number 15 looks a lot like "I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream" (quite possibly the bleakest, darkest most depressing game ever lol). I think that's it anyway. There was a sequence when you play as a Nazi doctor tormented by re-playing his past if i remember correctly.

reelmojo
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is correct, phry! Wow, I really didn't expect anyone to know that one.

In this game (and the short story by Harlan Ellison that it's based on) a computer AI becomes self aware and wipes out all of humanity except for five people it keeps alive to torment for it's own pleasure. You play as any one of those five people, so yes it just might be the darkest game ever made.
Edited by reelmojo on 24. November 2009 22:27

The eccentric cat
reelmojo wrote:
14.i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Screenshot%20game/14.jpg

Donkey Kong 3!
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

reelmojo
Yep! That was the one I thought was "the easy one." My entries have already been whittled down to two! That's okay... I'm readying some really difficult stuff for my next batch.

*evil laugh*

The eccentric cat
Meow.

img301.imageshack.us/img301/7708/meowb.jpg

Meow meow.
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

priest
The eccentric cat wrote:
Meow.

img301.imageshack.us/img301/7708/meowb.jpg

Meow meow.

Thats "City connection" for the NESSmile
Edited by priest on 25. November 2009 07:41
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
cthulhu
boogiepop wrote:
That's sad when I can recognize almost all of them and not remember the names. Cthulhu, maybe you should try one of the less popular PC Engine shmups, no? Wink

Come on, it's one of the best PC Engine Shmups...also released on another console (won't tell which one yet).

merlin wrote:
That last one is Knights of Valour 2 Reelmojo. A truly great side scroller.

Ok here's one more. I had to capture this screenshot myself since it's a very obscure game. I think it'll take a while before anyone gets this one right.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/screenshot.jpg

It's Dragon Gun...I've played it a couple of times...nice Light Gun game.
I also guessed Knights of Valour 2...too slow.

reelmojo wrote:
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is correct, phry! Wow, I really didn't expect anyone to know that one.

In this game (and the short story by Harlan Ellison that it's based on) a computer AI becomes self aware and wipes out all of humanity except for five people it keeps alive to torment for it's own pleasure. You play as any one of those five people, so yes it just might be the darkest game ever made.

Great point and click game and really dark and depressing...I still have it somewhere.
By the way number 16 is Kolibri, one of the few nice 32X games.
My arcade stuff

merlin
cthulhu wrote:
It's Dragon Gun...I've played it a couple of times...nice Light Gun game.
I also guessed Knights of Valour 2...too slow.

Yes you're quite right Cthulhu it's Dragon Gun by Data East. You obviously have a very good knowledge of arcade games. I'm willing to bet not many people have heard of the game before. There's not even a single video of it on Youtube. Like you say it's a pretty nice game.

priest
IŽll give you a really easy one, which game is this?

www.lemon64.com/games/screenshots/full/c/commando_libya_02.gif
Edited by priest on 25. November 2009 18:59
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
cthulhu
priest wrote:
IŽll give you a really easy one, which game is this?

It's Commando Libya.

My turn again (all great games):

a: i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/1-2.png

b: i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/2-1.gif

c: i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/3-1.jpg

d: i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/4.gif

Still not guessed yet:

e: i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/2.gif
Edited by cthulhu on 25. November 2009 19:17
My arcade stuff

boogiepop
cthulhu wrote:
boogiepop wrote:

Come on, it's one of the best PC Engine Shmups...also released on another console (won't tell which one yet).

Exactly why I'm shocked no one's gotten around to guessing it yet.
Lords of Thunder. Smile

And the bottom one is Magical Toro (?) Kun for the Megadrive. Almost bought it in Japan. Kinda glad I didn't, heh.
Edited by boogiepop on 25. November 2009 19:48

Jump to Forum: