Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Michael Max
Thread ID: 2110
Thread Info
There are 2 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1228 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Tekken 6 Strategy
Michael Max
Hi. I wanted to start a discussion for people like me who think tekken 6 is great and who also think that discussing general strategies in a fighting game is a decent way to pass the time. I'm thinking that we can post the character that we main and then post a few tips on how to win with that character. I'll start it out...

STEVE

My main man is of course Steve Fox because he's a boxer!
Some things that have been working for me in on line matches:
Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab..... you get the idea. Steve's Jab frustrates the hell out of your opponent. Especially players who like to win by button mashing-steve's jab is a nice and easy way to beat them at their game. They just can't accept that they need to stop trying to hit you back and block for a second to stop getting tagged with it, therefore, if it keeps landing, keep throwing it, or use 1,2,1,2,1 combo for good damage on people who just don't block (easy win). I've literally won on line rounds with nothing but jabs. Hey, if it aint broke...

When they do wise up to your jab and start defending, they'll either block it, duck it, or parry it. If they parry it then they are probably pretty good players and your on your own Wink, if they duck it, you need to block low also because they'll probably be ready to hit back at that point, but if they simply block it, which is usually the case...that's a good thing for you because you've got them right where you want them...hesitating. If they block the jab you have lot's of options. My favorite is the low right hook that sweeps them (db right punch). It has decent damage and if you do it right away it'll usually beat whatever your apponent is about to try. Before they can stand up, do it again! Also on apponent's wake up, df right punch is a good quick powerful 1-2 that works nicely. But usually you don't have the close range needed for that one so do the ff right punch move where steve runs and does that overhand right. Man that's a great move. Use that whenever you've got some distance. It knocks back even if they block and that gives you a chance to use that right hand sweep just like after they block a jab. Other things that seem to work when there's distance is the flicker stance 1112 combo. But it's not as effective as the running rp. Peekaboo stance is great but to me it's kind of slow and I only use it when my apponent is defensive because I don't want to waste time with slow power punches if i'm expecting alot of incoming combos from a button masher.

Ok that's it for me...for now anyway I don't consider myself a great player i just enjoy talking strategy like I said. With the above tactics I can win pretty easily most of the time though Wink
Edited by Michael Max on 13. November 2009 14:42

Raiken
My Tekken 6 strategy is Phoenix SmasherPfft
oi39.tinypic.com/2mzw2rs.jpg

Jump to Forum: