Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Mr Vengeance
Thread ID: 2108
Thread Info
There are 39 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 29833 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Last Blades, or the Samurai Shodown series??
Mr Vengeance
Can't believe Tengu dislikes both series.... but anyway, I love the Soul Calibur games, especially the first one. Best fighter ever in my opinion.....

The eccentric cat
loooooool XD

Um, Tengu is being sarcastic... ^^;
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

Wild Tengu
You guys fell right into my TRAP CARD

img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Hokageizlude/trap.jpg

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
Yao
Tengu, I was so hoping you didn't mean what you wrote in your first post...Smile
Everything I read from you so far in this forum made sense (more or lessSmile)

In my world there is no competition for LB or SS neither on the Neo nor on any other console...

TurboCro
Wild Tengu wrote:

Trap card ownage = teh hotness!

Shiny
Haha, nicely done monsieur. Clap
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

reelmojo
Last Blade, definitely. I could go on and on with comparisons between the two series, but I'm pretty sure I've posted it before.

I will add though that Shikyoh/Mukuro is one of my favorite SNK characters of all time. His win quote when he beats Akari just might be the best quote on the Neo...
i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/0000.png

I laughed so hard when I first saw that... that might mean something's wrong with me.
Edited by reelmojo on 13. November 2009 03:36

The eccentric cat
Wild Tengu wrote:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Hokageizlude/trap.jpg

img337.imageshack.us/img337/5918/trapcardxd4.jpg
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

Shiny
Fuck me that picture's funny.
Edited by Shiny on 13. November 2009 08:24

NeoGeoNinja
Wild Tengu wrote:
Both games suck. Haohmaru is such a Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur) wannabe, and Hanzo Hattori is such a bad rip off of Ryu Hayabusa from Dead Or Alive stealing his Izuna Drop.

And The Last Blade is crap, buncha Rurouni Kenshin wannabe's and Kaede is such a rip-off of Rock Howard from CvS2! And that character Hibiki was so blatantly stolem from CvS2!

Soul Calibur is the best and only weapons fightan gaem, cuz it's original and doesn't rip off characters, and it's 3D, and plays better, blah blah blah.

Shiny wrote:
SNK are time travellers? You heard it here first kids.

I would explain the Kenshin thing but I can barely type for laughing my arse off. Good God, I hope that's a massive chunk of sarcasm and you don't actually believe that shit.

Oh, and Hibiki was IN CvS2 you fucking plank.

Mr Vengeance wrote:
Can't believe Tengu dislikes both series.... but anyway, I love the Soul Calibur games, especially the first one. Best fighter ever in my opinion.....

I HAVE TO SAY FELLAS...
I was pretty horrified by your inability to detect the undercurrent of sarcasm here!

Still, I thought it was amusing... I didn't actually laugh out loud, but still... funny.

I did however laugh out loud when Shiny exclaimed that 'Hibiki IS in CVS2 you fucking plank!'... That was actual GOLD. VERY funny indeed, if not a little harsh.

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Shiny
Yeah, I shoulda trusted my instincts... But you get so used to Tengu slagging everything off I couldn't be sure. Seems obvious now though. It's like being Rick-Rolled, only with a show only 11 year olds are aware of (I had to look up what a trap card is).

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/facepalmlm7.jpg

Taking it on the chin. I'm a dufus.

Mr Vengeance
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Wild Tengu wrote:
Both games suck. Haohmaru is such a Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur) wannabe, and Hanzo Hattori is such a bad rip off of Ryu Hayabusa from Dead Or Alive stealing his Izuna Drop.

And The Last Blade is crap, buncha Rurouni Kenshin wannabe's and Kaede is such a rip-off of Rock Howard from CvS2! And that character Hibiki was so blatantly stolem from CvS2!

Soul Calibur is the best and only weapons fightan gaem, cuz it's original and doesn't rip off characters, and it's 3D, and plays better, blah blah blah.

Shiny wrote:
SNK are time travellers? You heard it here first kids.

I would explain the Kenshin thing but I can barely type for laughing my arse off. Good God, I hope that's a massive chunk of sarcasm and you don't actually believe that shit.

Oh, and Hibiki was IN CvS2 you fucking plank.

Mr Vengeance wrote:

I HAVE TO SAY FELLAS...
I was pretty horrified by your inability to detect the undercurrent of sarcasm here!

Still, I thought it was amusing... I didn't actually laugh out loud, but still... funny.

I did however laugh out loud when Shiny exclaimed that 'Hibiki IS in CVS2 you fucking plank!'... That was actual GOLD. VERY funny indeed, if not a little harsh.

Ninja

I misread it - in fact, I misread it twice Shrug

RiKo
aw I missed all the fun:( I do love Soul Calibur though (original game only!).

ok well I like Last Blade the best, is more of an action fighter than SS which is a real good game, just that i prefer more aggressive fighting action in Last Blade. Ilove Kaede and his light sabre, ands its cool when he goes blonde and takes the enemies out. it is also a work of art and has great audio. So Last Blade for me even tho it rips off Soul Edge.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Basashi King
for me its ss all the way. undoubtedly the last blade is a great game, but as others have said, it didnt really go anywhere. the character graphics were improved in the sequel but the balance was jigged about a bit which peeved off a few. as a result, presumably theres little to choose between those games.

ss is completely different: the first two games are comparable, but the second one has a fantastic roster. many consider ss2 the best neo geo game ever, and its very easy to understand why people hold this view. the series evolved, however, for 3 - a graphical overhaul and a different gameplay style. this game has many detractors but there is also a hardcore band who love it (including me!). in 4, it all goes a bit combo, which, while not being entirely in the spirit of the series thus far, is another divergence which many people love. 5 and 5 special are different again.

the last blade isnt really a series when you compare it to ss. the interesting thing about the ss franchise for me is that there is no overall consensus as to which the best game is amongst a variety of types and play styles. i love the last blade, but theres just more to ss as its a true series.

skytraveler
Not sure about the whole expanse of the series denoting the quality thing. In the long run, I'd rather have a single game to focus on rather than a series with largely overlapping features, especially in the case of SS where no one game really sums up the best qualities. Plus SNK did quite enough with LB while it was in its original incarnation: two games in short succession during SNK's finest years. At that point, it was more like SS was the abandoned series. I could care less whether some third-party made an anime from it or not. That's just a matter of the games' reception, not their actual merit. So yeah, SS gets the award for appearing during a more lucrative period for 2D arcade games, but that's about it. Garou: Mark of the Wolves has a lot less name recognition than Fatal Fury but that doesn't have much bearing on how it is viewed retroactively. I think if you take the people who grew up with SS out of the equation, it just doesn't stack up to LB at all.

That said, they're only really similar superficially anyway.

Of the Soul Caliburs I prefer 3 although in an arcade scenario or if I lived with several other competent gamers I'd gravitate towards 2. I don't really get what was so great about SC1 beyond being on the inexplicably fellated Dreamcast.

bojan4o
well ok i dont get some neo-geo "fans" like tengu here he is on a forum for neogeo fans (neo-geo for life in this case) but on every of his posts he says this game on neo-geo sucks this game sucks and on and on

enough about that by the way i think that this two games are (the first fighting games with weapons and animals so they cant be rip offs of soul calibur series) what i wanted to say that i love both games they are very hmm simply putted pure awesomnes

(i did played soul calibur once and i think is pure oh crap well sorry that is just my opinion )
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

tony starks
bojan4o wrote:
well ok i dont get some neo-geo "fans" like tengu here he is on a forum for neogeo fans (neo-geo for life in this case) but on every of his posts he says this game on neo-geo sucks this game sucks and on and on

enough about that by the way i think that this two games are (the first fighting games with weapons and animals so they cant be rip offs of soul calibur series) what i wanted to say that i love both games they are very hmm simply putted pure awesomnes

(i did played soul calibur once and i think is pure oh crap well sorry that is just my opinion )

Dude, Tengu was only joking, I surpose not everybody will get Tengu's humour.
Edited by tony starks on 13. December 2009 22:48
Starks is always out

Jak
Last Blade 2 is one of the most beautifully rendered fighting games of all time. It's a personal favorite, and in my Top 10. However, I can't play it with others because it seems that most of the players on GGPO are obnoxious douche bags who have mastered speed combos. Great game though.

I like Samurai Shodown 2, but I can't play it with others due to balance issues. I tried to play it on GGPO, and this one guy picked Nakoruru and spammed CD the entire time, and it beat out every possible attack with my Genjuro. Plus Ukyo being god tier and a lot of other weird things. SS4 I enjoy but I haven't played it in forever. SS V Special is another favorite of mine. Great balance, sprite work, epic fatalities, etc and etc. My only issue would be that it would have benefited from being a 6 button game. Still though, it's a lot of fun, and I can't understand why it doesn't have a bigger following.

So, my pick is Samurai Shodown.

TLO
tony starks wrote:
I voted none, both games play very different imo.
Apples and oranges, while both are fruit each has a completely different taste.

I'd also have to agree with you there Tony.

Jump to Forum: