Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Michael Max
Thread ID: 2106
Thread Info
There are 19 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3926 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Original SF/ Alpha Series/ SSFIV Discussion
Michael Max
Personally, I think the Alpha series is the best incarnation of the SF story other than/and perhaps even better than SFIV. My main reason for thinking this is the character selection! I love that the alpha series gives us many of the SFI characters! To me you can't be a fan of a game without showing an appreciation for it's roots. And even though we all know SFI didn't offer very advanced gameplay, that doesn't mean the characters sucked. Quite the contrary. I also think mixing the final fight universe in there was a good choice too. That's why I'm posting this thread to see if anyone agrees with me that some of the oldies should be back for SSFIV.

here's who I would love to have as playable in SSFIV.

From SFI: (view sprites at http://www.sfgall...f/sprites/ )

BIRDIE
JOE
MIKE

From FF:

HAGGAR
SODOM
CODY, in FF clothing
GUY

Aslo I want DUDLEY and HUGO from SF-III!

Ok, theres my 2 cents. Thoughts?...
Edited by Michael Max on 12. November 2009 14:34

boogiepop
Michael Max wrote:
Aslo I want DUDLEY and ANDRE from SF-III!

Who's Andre?
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Shiny
boogiepop wrote:
Michael Max wrote:
Aslo I want DUDLEY and ANDRE from SF-III!

Who's Andre?

Hugo?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Michael Max
Yeah, Hugo. That's who i meant. My Bad. I always picture andre the Giant when i see him. I updated the original post. Thanks.
Edited by Michael Max on 11. November 2009 14:12

STE C
Michael Max wrote:
Whatever happened to Michael Max!? Strung out on crystal Meth? In Jail? Why couldn't he come back for the rest of the FF's??? Anyway, back to the Topic...

Thoughts?...

I watched a documentry on crystal meth and its imapct in the USA . Here in the UK Micheal Max crystal meth is almost unheard of , we just have regular speed here which tends to get called FET in the north of UK. They say Meth is a fantstic videogame drug as you can play for days and enhances the experience a lot more than speed. Whos up for starting a open minded non prejudicece drugs forum about drugs/game experience, obviously I condone excessive drug abuse as I would with alcohol but would be interested in hearing about any experiences other members have had * in a constructive research mature type way*
Edited by STE C on 11. November 2009 15:30

Michael Max
STE C wrote:
Michael Max wrote:
Whatever happened to Michael Max!? Strung out on crystal Meth? In Jail? Why couldn't he come back for the rest of the FF's??? Anyway, back to the Topic...

Thoughts?...

I watched a documentry on crystal meth and its imapct in the USA . Here in the UK Micheal Max crystal meth is almost unheard of , we just have regular speed here which tends to get called FET in the north of UK. They say Meth is a fantstic videogame drug as you can play for days and enhances the experience a lot more than speed. Whos up for starting a open minded non prejudicece drugs forum about drugs/game experience, obviously I condone excessive drug abuse as I would with alcohol but would be interested in hearing about any experiences other members have had * in a constructive research mature type way*

Yes, meth is indeed a major problem here in the US. It's apperantly easy to make and therefore drug dealers gravitate toward dealing meth rather than other drugs that must be bought from suppliers (higher risk of being caught in a sting). I'm not a drug user at all though I had my party days when I was in college. I box at a local gym and therefore wouldn't want to screw up my fitenss or alertness any more than it already is. As it is i don't have the greatest diet and I do enjoy a cold beer after a long day's work. So that's about it for me. But I think your comments are interesting.

Michael Max
Michael Max wrote:
STE C wrote:
Michael Max wrote:

Thoughts?...

Yes, meth is indeed a major problem here in the US. It's apperantly easy to make and therefore drug dealers gravitate toward dealing meth rather than other drugs that must be bought from suppliers (higher risk of being caught in a sting). I'm not a drug user at all though. I had my party days when I was in college but don't do any illegal drugs at all. I box at a local gym and therefore wouldn't want to screw up my fitenss or alertness any more than it already is (As it is i don't have the greatest diet and I do enjoy a cold beer after a long day's work). But I think your comments are interesting.

Edited by Michael Max on 11. November 2009 17:13

NeoGeoNinja
Michael Max wrote:
Personally, I think the Alpha series is the best incarnation of the SF story other than/and perhaps even better than SFIV. My main reason for thinking this is the character selection! I love that the alpha series gives us many of the SFI characters! To me you can't be a fan of a game without showing an appreciation for it's roots. And even though we all know SFI didn't offer very advanced gameplay, that doesn't mean the characters sucked. Quite the contrary. I also think mixing the final fight universe in there was a good choice too. That's why I'm posting this thread to see if anyone agrees with me that some of the oldies should be back for SSFIV. On a side note. I think fighting game franchises could benefit in the long run by adopting the policy used in the Tekken series of NOT dropping characters. Other than unplayable bosses, I don't think Tekken has dropped a character since Tekken one. VF is like this too if I'm not mistaken. I meaqn, you get exited about a certain character because he or she is your favorite and you identify with that character...only to find out that they've been canned in the next installment. What a let down. Whatever happened to Michael Max!? Strung out on crystal Meth? In Jail? Why couldn't he come back for the rest of the FF's??? Anyway, back to the Topic...

The truth is, SSFIV is probably all but finished and it doesn't matter at this point, but here's who I would love to have as playable in SSFIV.

From SFI: (view sprites at http://www.sfgall...f/sprites/ )

BIRDIE-My personal all time favorite SF character!
ADON
JOE
MIKE

From FF:

HAGGAR
SODOM
CODY, in FF clothing
GUY

Aslo I want DUDLEY and HUGO from SF-III!

Ok, theres my 2 cents. Thoughts?...

Hey Mike!

I like the SFA series too, but for me, I like the SF3 series best. I would've liked to have seen a couple of more familiar faces in Sf3 tbh... especially Guile (instead of Remy?) & Sagat.

Like you I would LOVE to see a FF-esque Cody in an SF game, either SF4 or TvC. Also having Guy would be very cool too, as would Haggar. I think (as much as I adore Sodom) that we could sacrifice him, and Rolento for that matter, for Haggar... making the main 3, if you will.

3 Characters from SFA would be cool too (it's starting to sound like KOF now, isn't it!?) and I would vote in: Adon, Charlie (I like him more than Guile really) & Karin from SFA3.

3 Characters from SF3 I would elect for the SF4 treatment would be: Dudley, Ibuki & Alex.

I think adding some extra grapplers like Haggar & Alex into the foray would be great so that Zangief doesn't have all that massive damage 360 action to himself!

A for a dedicated SF1 team? I do like Mike & Joe, but I think Retsu & Geki from Japan, I found, were always more memorable. It's about time SF had a REAL Ninja, even though Ibuki is cool (is Guy classed as a Ninja?). I think Retsu would be uber cool too with his uber rock-hard angry Japanese Karate expert approach!

AS FOR TEKKEN...

Even though they're all back now (more or less) Tekken 3 dropped a LOT of characters. From memory, the main boss... the God of Fighting pretty much killed everyone off... to the point where Jun Kazama has never returned! Kazuya, Lee, Bruce, Baek. I haven't researched the 'explanation' but all of these have made a return by T5 latest.

However Jun Kazama & Kunimitsu are still nowhere to be seen. Also, VF dropped the mighty Taka Arashi from VF3 for VF4/evo... but he's back in VF5R (and maybe VF5? not sure).

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Raiken
I'd really like to see Karin in SSIV. Some of my favorite characters come from the Alpha series. If she doesn't make it into the game I'll probably just play Juri.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Powerwave
hey guys havnt you guys ever heard that mike fromsf1 is balrog(u.s.) in sf2 ?

im very keen on alpha, and including alpha characters in sf4 particularly like you guys have stated the amazing ..... guy

another person ive always loved was rolento
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

Powerwave
ninja: i think they dropped the sumo wrestler from vf 3 because he was quite unbalanced from everyone else. but its good that theyve sorted him out.
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

tony starks
@ Powerwave: Mike and Balrog are different characters. People used to think that in the intro of SF2 Joe punched Mike but that was just a rumour.

@Ninja: Guy is a Japanese martial artist dressed in a red ninja suit, he is the 39th successor of the fictional style of Bushin style of Ninjutsu. (Info jacked from Wiki Grin)

Starks is always out

TurboCro
SF4 is solid, but by far the most boring of the SF series. Instead of new characters, I wish they made it more about the rushdown.

NeoGeoNinja
TurboCro wrote:
SF4 is solid, but by far the most boring of the SF series. Instead of new characters, I wish they made it more about the rushdown.

Clap

Michael Max
Hey Mike!

I like the SFA series too, but for me, I like the SF3 series best. I would've liked to have seen a couple of more familiar faces in Sf3 tbh... especially Guile (instead of Remy?) & Sagat.

Like you I would LOVE to see a FF-esque Cody in an SF game, either SF4 or TvC. Also having Guy would be very cool too, as would Haggar. I think (as much as I adore Sodom) that we could sacrifice him, and Rolento for that matter, for Haggar... making the main 3, if you will.

3 Characters from SFA would be cool too (it's starting to sound like KOF now, isn't it!?) and I would vote in: Adon, Charlie (I like him more than Guile really) & Karin from SFA3.

3 Characters from SF3 I would elect for the SF4 treatment would be: Dudley, Ibuki & Alex.

I think adding some extra grapplers like Haggar & Alex into the foray would be great so that Zangief doesn't have all that massive damage 360 action to himself!

A for a dedicated SF1 team? I do like Mike & Joe, but I think Retsu & Geki from Japan, I found, were always more memorable. It's about time SF had a REAL Ninja, even though Ibuki is cool (is Guy classed as a Ninja?). I think Retsu would be uber cool too with his uber rock-hard angry Japanese Karate expert approach!

AS FOR TEKKEN...

Even though they're all back now (more or less) Tekken 3 dropped a LOT of characters. From memory, the main boss... the God of Fighting pretty much killed everyone off... to the point where Jun Kazama has never returned! Kazuya, Lee, Bruce, Baek. I haven't researched the 'explanation' but all of these have made a return by T5 latest.

However Jun Kazama & Kunimitsu are still nowhere to be seen. Also, VF dropped the mighty Taka Arashi from VF3 for VF4/evo... but he's back in VF5R (and maybe VF5? not sure).

Ninja[/quote]

Yeah I wasn't sure about the Tekken and VF series not dropping characters but it did seem that they do less "switch-a-roos" in their fighter selections than capcom and snk do. I like SFIII alot. I haven't played it in forever though. I'm going to pick up the SF anniversary game for ps2 eventually though. Iit's only around $15 or less online. Call me a purist, but I don't think ANY of the SFI characters should be left out. C'mon capcom. Tekken 6 has 40 plus selectable characters each with completely unique movelists. Try and keep up! lol. And forget ssfiv, i'd gladly pay $60 for SFV in february instead...complete with every character that's ever been in sf, sf2, sf3, and sf zero, plus guy, cody and haggar in their final fight clothing! Forget story modes, challenge modes, survival modes and all that nonsense. To me a fighting game need only have 3 modes, practice, arcade, and online. Save the rom space for more meat and potatoes content!

Shiny
I still prefer the SF2 series over Alpha or 3. Alpha 3 is fun but seems silly at times, I'm not a massive fan of the feel of that generation of Capcom games... Street Fighter versus whatever and all that jazz, it's hard to put my finger on why. Maybe because I grew up with SF2 and by adulthood the SF characters were getting thrown around like the money making tools that they are. A new game? Why bother, let's make another versus game! Easy money. For me, it got old fast. Thankfully they pretty much left SF3 alone. I'm straying from the point...

Old characters returning in SSF4? I'd like to see a number of random Capcommers but then it runs the risk of becoming as silly as the Alpha series. If they must milk this cow (and they will, it's their way) then I'd like them to stick with SF characters or preferabley more new characters (remember how to make new characters Capcom? Thought not).
Edited by Shiny on 12. November 2009 16:43
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Michael Max
I agree that there were WAY too many spin-offs. By the time SFIII came out...the mainstream audience that fell in love with SFII had already gotten so fed up with the endless sf upgrades and spin-offs that they had pretty much given up. Myself included. Although, I can't deny that SFII: Championship Edition was an upgrade that was AWESOME for it's time.
Edited by Michael Max on 12. November 2009 17:17

angelthomas
Simulation pret immobilier

Here in the UK Micheal Max crystal meth is almost unheard of , we just have regular speed here which tends to get called FET in the north of UK. They say Meth is a fantstic videogame drug as you can play for days and enhances the experience a lot more than speed. Whos up for starting a open minded non prejudicece drugs forum about drugs/game experience, obviously I condone excessive drug abuse as I would with alcoho

NeoGeoNinja
angelthomas wrote:
Simulation pret immobilier

Here in the UK Micheal Max crystal meth is almost unheard of , we just have regular speed here which tends to get called FET in the north of UK. They say Meth is a fantstic videogame drug as you can play for days and enhances the experience a lot more than speed. Whos up for starting a open minded non prejudicece drugs forum about drugs/game experience, obviously I condone excessive drug abuse as I would with alcohol

OBVIOUSLY YOU DO...
that's why your'e a tosser! (a 'bot', I know... I HOPE!!)

Ninja

Jump to Forum: