Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 2075
Thread Info
There are 33 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8198 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Art Of Fighting 2: NGFL High Score Challenge
NEO-GEO man
Im not asking why you use it, im saying get real hardware and post your score on that.

Real genuine machine, preferably CD console, no UniBIOS, genuine SNK joystick.

NEO-GEO man
And the reason im saying this is because i have tried a couple of your scores using cheats in the UniBIOS to give perfects every round, and on this one and World Heroes i still come up short of your scores, which tells me there is some sort of issue with the scoring system of your emulated versions.

If you believe there is no difference, you should have no problem repeating these scores using real hardware.

merlin
The scoreboard has been updated. Great score Gemant! Clap I also added your Captain Tomaday score. The NGFL high score table has also been updated.

http://www.neogeo...ad_id=5213

Good to see you posting again Neo-Geo Man. Hope to see you submit some more scores. Priest is still in charge of the challenges but isn't very active these days so I help out.

I think it's very unlikely that there would be a problem with scoring in the emulated version of AOF2.

NEO-GEO man
Thanks Merlin, i have changed careers a while ago and have more time again now Smile

Im not saying there is an issue with emulation, but this is at least twice now where ive seen scores that are beyond what i can achieve through cheating.

There is no hope i can reach that score legitimately, and im not concerned with that, but when it cant even be achieved by cheating, ive got to ask the question of why.

Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

And the reason im saying this is because i have tried a couple of your scores using cheats in the UniBIOS to give perfects every round, and on this one and World Heroes i still come up short of your scores, which tells me there is some sort of issue with the scoring system of your emulated versions.

If you believe there is no difference, you should have no problem repeating these scores using real hardware.

I played in original neo geo AES and MVS for 12 years (1992~2002+), then I played on emulator because I record (always) my play. I not play if I can't record my play. In Italy there is a project about Neo Geo top scores and is necessary a complete record of every play / high score. For this reason I'm expert both in real hadrware and in emulator. I know there are not difference between mame / real hardware. However sometimes there are difference between bios euro / US and bios japanese.

World Heroes not have difference between bios western and japanese, but exist 2 different version of this game: set 1 and set 2.

NEO-GEO man
So how would you explain the significant differences in scores than it seems are not replicable even when cheating?

Use an iphone to record... Get a friend to hold it.

There IS a difference in emulator versions, it gives you the ability to use control hacks etc that cant be used on real hardware. No wolfmame recording can prove that at all.

Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

So how would you explain the significant differences in scores than it seems are not replicable even when cheating?

Use an iphone to record... Get a friend to hold it.

There IS a difference in emulator versions, it gives you the ability to use control hacks etc that cant be used on real hardware. No wolfmame recording can prove that at all.

Wolfmame is not mame. Wolfmame is a special version of mame for high score only and is approved from Twin Galaxies and Marp, the western authority about high score on arcade games emulated. On this wolfmame cheat is not possible, save state (tool assisted) is not possible, slowdown is not possible. You can't reach my score in this game or other games because you don't know the advanced pattern for high score. This is the only reason. Indeed, the current top score with Takuma in japan is 3.616.185. In theory, if I use save state, I can reach this score because I know the pattern. 1.9m is my best score without save state.

NEO-GEO man
Play on real hardware.

Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

Play on real hardware.

www.ilmetropolitano.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/arrampicata.jpg

Gemant
In past, here, I linked some of my high score video as final proof of their autenticity. I think I have already proved everything. Now is your turn.

NEO-GEO man
Yeah but again, they were emulators.

Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

Yeah but again, they were emulators.

yes, and where is the problem? Neo Geo emulation is completed and 100% working / fixed from years.

merlin
NEO-GEO man wrote:

Im not saying there is an issue with emulation, but this is at least twice now where ive seen scores that are beyond what i can achieve through cheating.

There is no hope i can reach that score legitimately, and im not concerned with that, but when it cant even be achieved by cheating, ive got to ask the question of why.

As Gemant mentioned, the Japanese record for Takuma is even higher than his score. Most of the Japanese records for each character in the game are over 3 million. Clearly there's more to scoring in this game than meets the eye.

No need at all to repeat this on original hardware.

Jump to Forum: